2018 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

A shame to see both Toro Rosso's finishing outside the points on P11/P13, despite a good Q-session. Maybe that the Honda engine is an improvement as STR claims, but it doesn't show in the results.
Great drive from Ricciardo. Too bad he had to come from far to only reach P4. If his Q-session would've been better, I'm sure he'd finished on the podium.

All those saying F1 is boring this and that.... You'll still watch the race and still come to the F1 threads here and moan how F1 is not the same
If you don't like Smoking Quit it .. Don't complain about it then light up a next cigarette..

Am sure we'll see you guys back here after the race or on the next F1 thread.
Watched the race but did not give it my full attention after it became clear the Mercedes was untouchable. Twice Botas blew corners and still was able to pull away from the chasing Red Bull. I'll pay more attention to Fuji and Petite.

The merc is obviously the much faster car for the last two races, very strange that ferrari have lost so much speed in short time. What happened? Not just the tracks surely.
An unbelievable turn around since spa when ferrari/vettelle were looking almost unbeatable.

Very interesting column on the BBC website by Jolyon Palmer.

Something to please everyone in there I think - Verstappen was unfortunate to be penalised for the Raikkonen incident but would only have had himself to blame had he come out worst in the Vettel incident.

Surprising that KMag went unpunished for the Leclerc incident but the FIA needs to review its stewarding.

A very interesting piece.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45802666

The merc is obviously the much faster car for the last two races, very strange that ferrari have lost so much speed in short time. What happened? Not just the tracks surely.
An unbelievable turn around since spa when ferrari/vettelle were looking almost unbeatable.
Somebody posted that Ferrari used two batteries for extra oomph down long straights. Two batteries are within the rules, but the FIA frowned and Ferrari quit using that item. Also Mercedes came out with a concave shaped wheel that solved their tire over-heating issues. Thus, Ferrari lost it's advantage and Merced researched away their biggest weakness. The result? Season is over folks.

Somebody posted that Ferrari used two batteries for extra oomph down long straights. Two batteries are within the rules, but the FIA frowned and Ferrari quit using that item. Also Mercedes came out with a concave shaped wheel that solved their tire over-heating issues. Thus, Ferrari lost it's advantage and Merced researched away their biggest weakness. The result? Season is over folks.

I read that it was "upgrades" that Ferrari brought to Singapore and Sochi, they were trying to go for RB-like rake, so they thought it was smart to change concept completely in the middle of the title battle. Then between FP2 and FP3 in Japan they switched to old solutions and both, Seb and Kimi felt improvement.

As for batteries, they were having 1 battery separated in 2 parts, approach they were using since 2014 if i'm correct. So that was nothing new for this season.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.