Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the race Gents.... Great battle in race one with @Craig Patteson. Race two I got booted just after Shuan Allan??? I didn't loose connection with Team Speak, so it must have been a sever/game issue..... Congrats to @Chris for his win in race one; way too fast for the likes of me to keep up with.
Would be odd for my disconnection to do that. Since the car stays in the server.
Anyway that was possibly the worst 2 races I have had at any point in my career. Race 2 was just a mess with no luck heading my way.

Great races fellas! Thanks for the amazing battle in Race 1 Jamie! Really unlucky in R2 there mate :(

My commiserations to all others who suffered unlucky results. Brands is not an easy track. I nearly lost it like 5 times myself! Need a change of underpants now lol.

Again big apologies to Matt on the slight contact in the hairpin. Still surprised it was enough to turn you around, but I accept responsibility for that one. Great, clean racing up until that point mate!

thanks guys for the races still yet to decide if ill do the final race race 1 was fun having a nice battle with @Kevin Harris race 2 was a lot better got a great start to take the lead then just tired to keep the car there even tho I wasn't as quick had a little accident with 3 mins to go with @Michael Stead but he was nice to give me the position back to finish 2nd

just thinking should I of done the league after all but never mind :) mite see you at the next race :)

Congrats for the win @Chris :thumbsup:

Race 1 was probably my most boring so far: after an early spin I was lonely most of the race, except a nice fight with @Matt Then I've been really lucky in the opening laps of R2 (I have to watch the stream to actually see what happened :whistling:), then that was great till the end! That 2nd race felt much longer than the first one, I battled a lot more! Thanks @Sam Smith and @Sean Rogers the battle at the end was great! :thumbsup: Shame about this gravel trap...:x3: I'll watch the replay to see what we did! Apologies @Aidan Keranen: it was a bit difficult to reverse out of there, I went in your way... Sorry about that!

I also got several freezes in race 2. I often got some trouble with my connection lately, but this time it was different: my ping was fine...

Great races fellas! Thanks for the amazing battle in Race 1 Jamie! Really unlucky in R2 there mate :(

My commiserations to all others who suffered unlucky results. Brands is not an easy track. I nearly lost it like 5 times myself! Need a change of underpants now lol.

Again big apologies to Matt on the slight contact in the hairpin. Still surprised it was enough to turn you around, but I accept responsibility for that one. Great, clean racing up until that point mate!
Well done Chris. Great work mate. You've waited a while but when it rains it pours hey:thumbsup:
Bit of bad luck but ultimately my mistake especially forgetting there's no limiter on these cars. Pure muppetry on my behalf :sick: led me to speed in the pitlane on my drive through and get a second one so i think I rejoined 13 seconds behind second last.
Did a reasonable job to catch up and had some good fortune with a couple of disconnects and a couple of late race incidents getting me back to 10th. Reasonable damage limitation for sure.
Looks like it's going to be down to the wire at Bathurst :thumbsup:

Congrats Chris! I was cursing the screen every time I kept seeing a best lap in the 1:39s Have no clue how you guys can go so fast with these cars.

For me, R1 was kinda boring, R2, anything but boring :).

I had been unhappy with the practice leading up to the race, just couldn't find consistent pace. I tried to go with a /37 for gearing, but I felt too slow. At the end of practice I changed the gearing to /38 and found bout 0.5s a lap and was happy with the times, but the car was a bit more twitchy than I liked. I did a 1:40.6 and was happy for 10th on the grid. I would have had to gotten a PB to move up one spot.

Got a decent start in R1. Seeing the quali times, I knew that if I just was consistent I would finish at least 10th. At the beginning I had some pressure from @KoshaPashkin and then a little bit later from @Martin Vindis. But I kept my head down and did consistent laps and finished where I started. 10th.

R2 was a whole different bucket of fish. Couple of races ago I would have been pole for R2, but my internet went out and missed the race. This time around in R2, I was on pole, and forgot to put the car in 1st gear when the lights went out. Got jumped by 4 cars, and then into the first corner I tried to stem the bleeding. I felt a bump but it was @Sniper who didn't realize I was on the inside, and he got caught up in the kitty litter. In L2, I was trying to fend off the hordes and took a tight inside line going into Graham Hill Bend and had contact with @Stiggy that spun me around. When I recovered I was down to 14th I believe. At this point all I was hoping was to get back to 10th by the end of the race.

Gained a couple of spots and then saw @Otune was taking a wide entry at Surtees. I knew I could take a real tight line around the corner I nudged him at apex, and then I believe we may have tapped once or twice on recovery. Luckily both of us ended up pointing in the right direction, even though I felt bad for gaining a position in that manner. Little later, I was able to catch up and have a decent battle with @KoshaPashkin again. After I got past, all I needed to do was some consistent laps to have a nice recovery race. Unfortunately I kept having little mistakes here and there and all the sudden @Martin Vindis was on my bumper again. L16 I went a little wide at Westfield to let him by. L18 I got by him at Surtees, and then gave it up again a few corners later. Thought it was over but got a run on him on the last lap at Hawthorn, and snuck by at Westfield....then was able to hold him off in the last few corners to breathe a sigh of relief. Was a bit intense there for a bit!

Bring on Bathurst!

Congrats for the win @Chris :thumbsup:

Race 1 was probably my most boring so far: after an early spin I was lonely most of the race, except a nice fight with @Matt Then I've been really lucky in the opening laps of R2 (I have to watch the stream to actually see what happened :whistling:), then that was great till the end! That 2nd race felt much longer than the first one, I battled a lot more! Thanks @Sam Smith and @Sean Rogers the battle at the end was great! :thumbsup: Shame about this gravel trap...:x3: I'll watch the replay to see what we did! Apologies @Aidan Keranen: it was a bit difficult to reverse out of there, I went in your way... Sorry about that!

I also got several freezes in race 2. I often got some trouble with my connection lately, but this time it was different: my ping was fine...
Race 2 result was worse for all of us I think, but the race was so much more fun than race 1!
Good racing there @alexSchmurtz you had a fantastic run! Pity we binned it on the 2nd last lap, but what good fun :)

Congratulations @Chris for winning both rounds, well done mate!

:geek:
eBzuI4T.jpg

l1kjjvO.jpg

PtNV16Q.jpg

ZBlpYfu.jpg

j4iy5g2.jpg

f6YFhO0.jpg

More: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B414extKh9GrVGRZSWJOYk91ZG8

Round 6.jpg
An epic finale at the most epic of tracks! Mount Panorama, here we come!

Date: Saturday 1st of July 2017
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDTCC
Track: Bathurst, Mt. Panorama (DOWNLOAD)
Start time: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)
Live Timing: HERE

Race Format
  • 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT) - Practice - 20 minutes
  • 20:20 AEST (10:20 GMT) - Qualifying - 20 minutes
  • 20:40 AEST (10:40 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
  • 20:50 AEST (10:50 GMT) - Race 1 - 30 minutes
  • 21:20 AEST (11:20 GMT) - Break - 10 minutes
  • 21:30 AEST (11:30 GMT) Race 2 - 30 minutes (Top 10 reversed)

Track Information
Untitled-1.png

TeamSpeak & In-Game Chat
Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You won't have to create your own team channel, as all channels will be provided for you.
  • During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
  • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
    • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident Reports
Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes