Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge thanks to @Sniper for a very late night rescue.
When Kevin and Sean left the game tonight I had a big crash and in doing so it seems some of my files were corrupted and I couldn't join AMS at all. Of course I had no idea this was the issue:confused:
I sent a desperate message to Tony at 10pm my time, 11.30 pm his time for a request to catch-up in the morning for help and the next minute he was there and had me sorted within an hour or so but this meant it was pushing on for 1am his time.
My god, what a relief. Above and beyond Tony. Thanks mate.:inlove:
Best of luck to all for a great event tonight.:)
This is why I am so caught up in racing with you lot. The bloody mateship is amazing.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: And the racing ain't half bad either.
Sadly,on another note my bloody nbn connection has dropped out about 10 times tonight including right in the middle of typing this message. Hopefully I don't have or cause any issues in the race. I will be mindful of it and get out of the way if anything happens.
Are you going to try using only the 4G for the race?

sorry, can't race tonight. In the ER at hospital with my daughter in pain. Sorry I didn't use the template, on my phone and can't copy it.

Hey has anything changed since this afternoon? I get a srs mismatch for some reason and can't join. I was on the server earlier today. And I do have the updated bathurst track

Docs have given her the all clear, had a massive gas bubble in her intestines pushing on nerves. Happy that its nothing major but a little sad I missed Bathurst

Lol, I'm feeling good, but nothing's changed, new drug is better than chemo, and I do feel good, business is looking like sold, and although that renders me unemployed, I don't care about money anymore, new owner wants me to stay, but I'm only going to do a day maybe two, I plan some travelling, and concentrate on health for the the what's left bit, docs Tuesday! Always nervous of that, fitness back up , physiology regime is good and I enjoy it, full hard hour everyday, got a new grand daughter, had a good life, and some to go yet, how much I don't want to know, it still is what it is, everyday means a possible new treatment, but the one I'm on is comfortable.
Yep
You will be fine Nick, got plenty of racing to do yet !

Well that was just about the worst night of simracing I've ever had the displeasure of partaking. :(

But more importantly, congratulations @Jamie on being the Drivers Champion for Season 11 of the RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship! Well deserved mate, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke! You drove brilliantly all season! You've come such a long way since you started simracing, I remember you being 4 seconds off the pace. But a few years later and many thousands of laps, and here you are: A RaceDepartment Champion!

Big thank you to my team mate @Michael Stead for helping the Roaring Pipes Maniacs secure the Teams Championship! (@Bram), that was our goal for the season, so to achieve it in such a competitive field is an awesome achievement!

Apologies to @Steve Le Gallez and anyone else who was involved in the last turn mess in the first lap of R2. I was too worried about the pair that went off at the Chase (and gained time by going through the grass?) that I totally forgot about you in front of me :(. Karma got back at me and I nearly terminally damaged my car on the next to last lap.

Congrats @Jamie for the league win!

Congrats @Jamie on a well deserved championship!

Been an interesting championship for me. Started off pretty poorly then built up until I was 6th before I put my back out on Brands Hatch night which slipped me back to 12th. Did my best to get some more points at bathurst with an 8th and a 9th so I'm not sure where I've ended up. All in all much better than I thought.

It's been a well fought, clean league by all. Top stuff.

Thanks @Chris for organising, a lot of work behind the scenes but at least it wasn't as much as in Assetto lol

Now that I have gotten the apologies out of the way...

Morning didn't start out well for me. Was going to hop on for some extra practice before the official start and AMS wouldn't load. I just got a black screen. Tried several times and then rebooted several times, rechecked dynhud and whatever....nothing. (I hadn't loaded the sim up since the update).

After a bit of investigation, I found the culprit. The cats had chewed through the ethernet cable to my desktop....but I was still connected through a wifi dongle I randomly attached to my PC a couple of weeks ago (but signal wasn't enough for steam or ams(?). Luckily I had another 50' ethernet cable that I attached to the router about 3 rooms away...and it was just barely long enough to reach!

AMS started fine now, but I was 5 minutes into quali by this time. R1 was doing ok until I screwed up going through skyline. Dropped back a bit. R2, messed things up for others at the end of L1 for others, but sorta settled in a bit until I smacked the wall again through skyline at the end of the race and limped home. Had @Sam Smith behind me for a while and he decided to do some bumpercars with the draft going down conrod straight.That battle was kinda fun!

Loved the league, I'm slowly getting better, but Bathurst is still an Achilles' heel for me :(

Thanks for all the races guys, much fun was had in all of them. Too bad I missed few but that's life I guess. Still amazed that the mountain didn't caused more death as it usually does even tho there was tight racing in both races.
Again, thanks for championship, see you all around ;)

Now that I have gotten the apologies out of the way...

Morning didn't start out well for me. Was going to hop on for some extra practice before the official start and AMS wouldn't load. I just got a black screen. Tried several times and then rebooted several times, rechecked dynhud and whatever....nothing. (I hadn't loaded the sim up since the update).

After a bit of investigation, I found the culprit. The cats had chewed through the ethernet cable to my desktop....but I was still connected through a wifi dongle I randomly attached to my PC a couple of weeks ago (but signal wasn't enough for steam or ams(?). Luckily I had another 50' ethernet cable that I attached to the router about 3 rooms away...and it was just barely long enough to reach!

AMS started fine now, but I was 5 minutes into quali by this time. R1 was doing ok until I screwed up going through skyline. Dropped back a bit. R2, messed things up for others at the end of L1 for others, but sorta settled in a bit until I smacked the wall again through skyline at the end of the race and limped home. Had @Sam Smith behind me for a while and he decided to do some bumpercars with the draft going down conrod straight.

Loved the league, I'm slowly getting better, but Bathurst is still an Achilles' heel for me :(
You've had wretched luck all season, so to hear you say you still loved the league is awesome :)

Still can't believe you get up at ridiculous-o'clock to race with us :)
We love ya Freddo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back