2016 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Name: Moises Navarro
  • Round Number: 4 Bathurst
  • Reason: As I said in the thread round 3 of Suzuka. This final race will not be. I'm not ready to compete with drivers so fast. I have a lot of mistakes because of nerves, put the car in Red Square, difficult car to drive, etc. I prefer to gain experience in the casual racing calendar. Sorry guys. :(

So we've had 3 more drop outs. Are we now looking at a single server for this weekends race?

Again as iv stated before, if we only have a handfull of racers in server 2 which i will be in then theres no fun in that and i would consider withdrawing from the final round.

There isn't much we can do about it. This league even with a big prize has shown the poorest commitment in RD history.

Believe me we are as frustrated with this as you are, if not a factor 1000x more as it's totally ridiculous.

The next league (MINI) we'll not be tolerating anymore dropouts. Dropping out = premium removal. Racers that have dropped out from the current RDTCC series will not allowed in this future league either..

There isn't much we can do about it. This league even with a big prize has shown the poorest commitment in RD history.

Believe me we are as frustrated with this as you are, if not a factor 1000x more as it's totally ridiculous.

The next league (MINI) we'll not be tolerating anymore dropouts. Dropping out = premium removal. Racers that have dropped out from the current RDTCC series will not allowed in this future league either..

I'm supposed to be at Brands Hatch all weekend with the new Tweeks Lambo GT3 but Iv cancelled Saturday's trip so I can race.
It anoys the hell out of me when people drop out, if you want to join this league, check your dates and if you can make every race then sign up....it's not that hard.

Totally agree Gareth. I don't get it either. It's supposed to be people's hobby but it seems a growing number of simmers prefer to sign out than to actually race for 60 minutes.

I am happy that the hardcore group is still here but I feel sorry for the good willing guys that normally populate server 2, they are always the guys that end up in an empty server because of the promotion / relegation rules. Which is also something we'll be dropping a.s.a.p.

Full focus on committed drivers, and those that can't be bothered to show up don't get to race here anymore in the future.

Totally agree Gareth. I don't get it either. It's supposed to be people's hobby but it seems a growing number of simmers prefer to sign out than to actually race for 60 minutes.

I am happy that the hardcore group is still here but I feel sorry for the good willing guys that normally populate server 2, they are always the guys that end up in an empty server because of the promotion / relegation rules. Which is also something we'll be dropping a.s.a.p.

Full focus on committed drivers, and those that can't be bothered to show up don't get to race here anymore in the future.

The sever 2 promotion is a good idea. It should give you the motivation to put more hours in, learn the car more and the set up and push to get in with the big boys. Just don't get some people.

On the downside of you Mossad race due to an honest reason the get related to division 2 then that realy anoys me, massively.

We are missing some big names this season who will be back for the next season for sure so the future is always bright and brighter with AMS

Last edited:
That's a shame to see the second server shrink down like that. I signed up only to populate server 2 but I don't know how it will work out: if we are too few for 2 servers but too many for only one, don't count me in of course, if that helps getting all of the regular in one nice race! :)

Hmmmm.....im not sure if thats a good idea ....
It's obviously subject to change, but right now we are in serious discussions about ways of reducing the rate at which people drop out because Bram is right, the commitment shown by some drivers this season (and in the RDGPC too) has been appalling and we will stamp this out.

If this means we see smaller sign up numbers in the short term, so be it. I'd much rather have a league with 20 committed drivers, than one with 70 drivers and a drop off rate of more than 50%.

Honestly, I have absolutely no issue with people signing out for a round due to a legitimate reason and plenty of notice in advance of the event. Things come up in life, I completely understand and respect that, but signing out with really poor excuses, signing out late or just simply not showing up without any notice is not acceptable.

Last edited:
That's a shame to see the second server shrink down like that. I signed up only to populate server 2 but I don't know how it will work out
@alexSchmurtz Hope you get to race Alex and thanks for signing up to boost the numbers. Do not be too worried about racing with faster people. I am far from fast and usually end up getting lapped. In fact in one of the races I had to pit very early and came out just behind the leader on lap 6 (1 lap down). Spent the next few laps ensuring I was lapped safely.

What I have learned about being lapped by faster people etc is that it is best to just hold your line and back off the power on the straights to let them through safely. Coming off line risks them not being sure about your intentions etc.

Also if you have a faster person behind you that is clearly going to come past and get away from you I don't fight too hard for the place. With these Super V8's I end up loosing too much time per lap. Hope to see you this Saturday.

Last edited:
Thanks Nobkins! Nice advices. I did several club races in the past weeks so I'm quite used to be lapped! And not only in multicar classes races… :rolleyes: So I think this part should not give me problem. What worries me is much more this powerful car on such a narrow track: I will mainly focus on avoiding spins and get stuck in between the walls on top of the hill… I will certainly not concentrate on speed but rather on "safety"! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes