2016 Ford GT steals the Detroit Motor Show

Well, mixed feelings for me...
Ford GT Overall rating : :unsure::unsure::thumbsup: Slightly enthusiastic with lots of doubts.
:thumbsup: : - very efficiënt aerodynamics
:thumbsdown: : - looks a bit "un-Americanized" to appeal to the European market, lost its distinguished looks. I like that specific American look, I don't want semi-European Amrican cars.
- a downsized turbo engine. I don't mind the turbo, but the massive V8 is what made this car to what it was, brutal and uncivilized. I fear with this version, it won't feel the same any more. If owned one of these, I'd take it to Mr. Hennessey for an upgrade ;)
- if Ford wanted to appeal European buyers, they'll have to step up with the quality and look of the interior. I think it's ugly, and they should have kept the H-gear in stead of paddles.
It looks like they weren't really sure where to go with this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
1967 Ford GT40.jpg

Nothing like the original.

Well, mixed feelings for me...
Ford GT Overall rating : :unsure::unsure::thumbsup: Slightly enthusiastic with lots of doubts.
:thumbsup: : - very efficiënt aerodynamics
:thumbsdown: : - looks a bit "un-Americanized" to appeal to the European market, lost its distinguished looks. I like that specific American look, I don't want semi-European Amrican cars.
- a downsized turbo engine. I don't mind the turbo, but the massive V8 is what made this car to what it was, brutal and uncivilized. I fear with this version, it won't feel the same any more. If owned one of these, I'd take it to Mr. Hennessey for an upgrade ;)
- if Ford wanted to appeal European buyers, they'll have to step up with the quality and look of the interior. I think it's ugly, and they should have kept the H-gear in stead of paddles.
It looks like they weren't really sure where to go with this car.

Agree with your point on the interior, black all over is a wee bit bland, but the exterior more than makes up for it IMHO :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back