2014 Formula One Russian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the race began I was thinking to myself, "Nico is probably going to lock up massively in the first lap and Lewis will drive off as he usually does...". Unfortunately I was right.
I want him to win, but to be perfectly honest I don't think he's got the racecraft down. He's very close pace-wise, but every race, it's as if Lewis can go faster "On demand", while Nico just gives in to the pressure in a similar situation. Everytime they show that nifty little chart that shows the gap over a few laps, you know in who's favor it is.

I was more interested in the race from 4th to 10th as usual in F1. The first three are normally decided quite early on these days.

As I commented in another thread - drop the stupid fuel regulations and let them RACE ;)

"Petrov - Fuel is critical - repeat critical!"

Honestly, that's not what I want to hear deciding a race. If I want examples of fuel economy, I'll go drive a Kia and not go over 3,000rpm. I want to watch fast drivers find the best lines around a track without worrying about breaking fuel regulations.

Other race series still allow refuelling. They don't seem to die from handling the fuel lines :whistling:

Before the race began I was thinking to myself, "Nico is probably going to lock up massively in the first lap and Lewis will drive off as he usually does...". Unfortunately I was right.
I want him to win, but to be perfectly honest I don't think he's got the racecraft down. He's very close pace-wise, but every race, it's as if Lewis can go faster "On demand", while Nico just gives in to the pressure in a similar situation. Everytime they show that nifty little chart that shows the gap over a few laps, you know in who's favor it is.
He is fighting for the F1 world championship title for the first time in his life, that's a lot of pressure on him, pressure LH have had a few seasons to learn to cope with, and it shows really well on him that he has learnt and matured a lot over the last couple of years.

Good race for both of the Mercedes drivers. I enjoyed it.

2w650c0bild_zpsf9871bc5.jpg

He is fighting for the F1 world championship title for the first time in his life, that's a lot of pressure on him, pressure LH have had a few seasons to learn to cope with, and it shows really well on him that he has learnt and matured a lot over the last couple of years.

I agree with you. The error in the first corner by Rosberg showed that.

What do you want me to say? am I impressed, not really, does it make Rosberg one of the best drivers? not really. I think Max Chilton could have done the same job in a merc if I'm honest. That's just my opinion.

What do you want me to say? am I impressed, not really, does it make Rosberg one of the best drivers? not really. I think Max Chilton could have done the same job in a merc if I'm honest. That's just my opinion.
I don't want you to be impressed. This season has made me the black sheep and the one who doesn't agree with others. I just want people to see the both sides of the globe. That's what has pissed me off this season. Maybe next season will be better.... Who knows. I just want all drivers to be appreciated.

That wasn't my point.... My point is being fair.

Answer this question and nothing else:

Did Hamilton impress you in Hungary or Germany?

Well he started from the pitlane he span on the outlap, it was mixed condititions on at tight twisty track his overtake on Vergne was great and beat his teamate to the podium even though he started from first,Germany was solid he should of had second but had a brainfade from button and lost a part of his wing. that was his fault of course but there was some great overtakes in those races from Lewis.

Well he started from the pitlane he span on the outlap, it was mixed condititions on at tight twisty track his overtake on Vergne was great and beat his teamate to the podium even though he started from first,Germany was solid he should of had second but had a brainfade from button and lost a part of his wing. that was his fault of course but there was some great overtakes in those races from Lewis.
Well, you can't always impress everybody.... Just respect everyone and I'll shut up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes