2013 Formula One Italian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
this means Da Costa to STR hopefully. That i look forward to.

"Identical opportunity and equipment" - Christian Horner
It´s impossible for this to be true since his hips were too wide. If it was just a matter of removing padding then it would not have come out.
He´s probably getting a tiny bit wider chassis near his bum then Vettel.

If Newey could decide every driver would be the size of an apple.

Last edited:
It´s impossible for this to be true since his hips were too wide. If it was just a matter of removing padding then it would not have come out.
He´s probably getting a tiny bit wider chassis near his bum then Vettel.

If Newey could decide every driver would be the size of an apple.
Ricciardo said it would be no problem and Newey said he'll be easier to fit into the car than Webber.
Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-vertrag-fuer-mindestens-3-jahre-7679907.html

And apparently it's at least a 3-year contract.

I thought it was kinda strange Newey compared him to Williams taking Damon Hill in 1993. He didn't really work out too well for them - he under-performed his entire time there, they even told him mid 1996 that they wouldn't be renewing his contract, despite the fact that he was winning the championship...

Ricciardo said it would be no problem and Newey said he'll be easier to fit into the car than Webber.
Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...-vertrag-fuer-mindestens-3-jahre-7679907.html

And apparently it's at least a 3-year contract.

I thought it was kinda strange Newey compared him to Williams taking Damon Hill in 1993. He didn't really work out too well for them - he under-performed his entire time there, they even told him mid 1996 that they wouldn't be renewing his contract, despite the fact that he was winning the championship...
That´s interesting, especially when they widened the cockpit of the STR for him.

"Even when I signed for Toro Rosso we had to do a few seat fits and they did some scans to make that particular part of the cockpit a bit wider, so that we're not sitting on the actual carbon fibre.
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/f1-d...s-he-fits-tight-in-2014-red-bull?artid=159373

Could be that the chassis stays the same but they have some leeway to widen it without compromising the chassis.

That´s interesting, especially when they widened the cockpit of the STR for him.

Could be that the chassis stays the same but they have some leeway to widen it without compromising the chassis.
Thanks for the source, I was already wondering where that came from (couldn't find any of it on the major F1 sites and the AMS article only talks about Ricciardo responding to those rumors):

Don't forget the big smile :D

I just hope Ferrari wins this one. Not only for the championship and because I am a fan, but because no other podium ceremony at any other track can match Monza on a day Ferrari wins.

Last edited:
True, BBC just makes the best intro´s or features. You know the guy(s) who is making them is a hardcore racing enthusiast.

This just in, some changes to Monza.

►The leading edges of the kerbs at the apex of Turn 1 and 4 will be longer, to avoid the possibility of a car being launched when crossing them.
►The kerb at the exit of Turn 6 will be extended by 20m in order to prevent damage to the grass verge.
►At the exit of Turn 10, the kerb and artificial grass will be extended by 50m.
►The section of guardrail just before the opening on the driver’s left at Turn 1 will be replaced by a wall.

monza2.jpg

And DRS info,

►There will be a two DRS zones. The detection point of the first will be just before Turn 7 with activation just after Turn 7. The second detection point will be just before Turn 11. The activation point will be just after the start/finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%