1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2013 Ferrari F138

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Hampus Andersson, Dec 6, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

2. Let's hope Ferrari make a competitive car at last.

3. Being made out of Lego in for 2013...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rumor is they passed crash tests.

5. You see, great stuff is Lego! ;)

6. definitely, every time my bare foot meets a stray piece of lego on the floor i'm the one who falls over in pain, and the lego just carries on lying there no problem! :mad: :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Launch of the car will be on 1 February.
    Also Pedro de La Rosa joins Ferrari as a development driver.

8. Pedro living the life these last couple of years :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alonso in process of building team around him...

Interestingly, he worked with Fry and Pedro in McLaren before

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ferrari F138 is this year's car name

• Like Like x 1
  11. the F138 is derived from the year (2013) and the number of cylinders (8). interesting, i wonder if they didn't change the number because of this superstition around the number '13.' maybe they thought calling it the F2013 would be bad luck.

if i remember correctly no driver in F1 has the driver number 13, i think because two drivers back in the day were killed (or almost killed, can't remember which) very soon after one another and both had worn the number 13.

12. updated first post with an artist impression/guess of what the new car will look like.

Tom Endres could you update the name in the thread title?

13. so why is it called the 138?

what happened to F2013....

Hampus Andersson hey i was wondering if you had more of the magazine scan. I was reading the articles and sections and some parts are cut off, which gave some good inside look into the car.

from what I understand "the radiators are positioned in the same way as the RB, thus taking out the straight line speed they had in Montreal".

and another part talks about the "cosmetic look of how the 'big' teams are covering up their step nose".

honestly, besides the somewhat RB exhaust layout, I dont see anything else thats different., same front wint, and that front wing has no bite, unlike the Lotus, and Mclaren.

14. F1fanatic

15. ah okay makes sense.

good bye V8s....u were good, next year will be slower.

16. No sorry don´t have more but don´t forget it´s not an official picture. Just guess work.

New pic,
    [​IMG]

17. Oh okay thanks anyways Hampus.

From what I also understand is that Ferrari is working a passive DRS system (label 6)

Im really disappointed at the lack of the whole front wing.

interesting, they say that most rivals will most likely copy their new modified pull rod system.

andit happens to be 1.5+ slower than any other team i bet you anything they will blame their broken wind tunnel and say that they will use Toyotas, as usual.

18. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

19. This car is really sexy. Love it.

20. Looks lovely, an obvious evolution on the 2012 design, surely they used the vanity plate for the stepped nose. The livery is very good, the black brings back memories of the Ferrari 412T1.