2013 Ferrari F138

not so pretty nose and the livery looks a bit messy, but i´m sure it will look better in motion.

ferr-f138-886x498.jpg

I like it in terms of looks:
The rear wing is red again
The FW finally has some black in it again
Nose looks interesting and so does the RW

Dmitry Zaharov
Do you ever do anything but complain? In the Lotus launch thread, you didn't like the looks, with McLaren it was the drivers, now the car is not exciting enough... :cry:

Ferrari-F138-Formel-1-2013-19-fotoshowImageNew-4a9bb3ee-658325.jpg

At first I didn't quite like how the front wing and nose structure is connected, but from this angle and looking at it more I quite like it now. The rear wing fins are quite interesting, pretty tight in the rear. Paint job is quite nice, some extra black and white fits well.

Yeah I do, but not quite often.
thats what the forums are for, complain and praise. :thumbsup:

back to the car, thats gotta be the worse red used since 2009, should of kept it as last year.

I like however how the red covers most of the front wing, now maybe they could add the classic black to the very front of the wing.

interesting read wing and exhaust , this time they used Toyotas wind tunnel so we'll see if the "wind tunnel" is to yet be blamed, again.

Ketnix, thank you for the comparison photo. It truly is very similar to last years car, the packaging at the back looks tighter similar to last years Williams.
Hampus, nice find, those slots look kind of strange, curious on what they achieve.

Nice car. Sill not beauty queen but far better than last year. I hope I can say the same thing after the first couple of races.

I expected something more aggressive on the exhaust. More like the "undercut"-solution from RB that also feeds the starter hole, but we'll probably see some diffrent solutions during testing. I'm curious.

Im guessing that all big teams will have swome kind of passive DRS as it should be a quite big advantage?

You'd like to think all the teams would work for that passive DRS, but im hearing thats its really quite a difficult thing to get right. Mercedes and Lotus worked on it for more than half of the season and never fielded it, siting plenty of issues. Its a tricky system to work because you can't have any moving parts, so your working with some sort of passive fluid switch, thus its hard to create that fine line between the system being neutral then having it stalling.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%