2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This race started badly, since my brother asked for his G27 on sunday morning, wich made me lose some time finding my old driving gt and mounting it on my playseat. But only then I remembered that I had a problem on the brake pedal, that sometimes brakes a little by itself...if someone behind me noticed it, I'm sorry. Sometimes I could do 250 on the big staight and next lap 235 or 220...:cry:
But I had a lot of fun, finished 12th on R1 and 10th on R2.
Sorry Sidónio for the touch while we were fighting for position, I don´t know what happened, your car just started flying...

The season was great, even tough it wasn't possible to have a big commitment to the league as I expected. I am a father of 2 small girls, and at 6 pm they are at theire full potencial, wich makes it hard to concentrate, because they are always passing and asking me to play with them...:laugh:. not to mention some weekends I just couldn't be there...

Thanks Bram for your commitment, I guess it's not easy most of the times.

Congratulations to the final podium.

See you next season, I hope...

Server 2:
Worked quite well, allthough I had a huuuuge scare when I encountered Leigh who was standing at the exit-point in T2 and I narrowly missed (the car behind me did not miss, however).

The one disadvantage of crashing where there are permenant yellows is that no-one knows to slow down. You did well to swerve past, but I think Marius must have been unsighted.

Unfortunate that I couldn't stop it any further into the barrier.

Group 2.
Enjoyed both races last night, it was a pleasure racing with a full grid this time,
Race 1: Quali 12th (2-32.7) DNF (hugging the walls too much on lap 6-my error)
Race 2: Started 15th, worked my way upto 7th before i kissed the wall at Mandarin on the last lap, another DNF

Thanks to Bram and all the RD crew, you've done a fantastic job and hope you are able to run another league like this, most of us have had no complaints about the way we were given penalities, thanks again.:)

Great Idea for a thread!

Many, many thanks to Bram for all of his work running this league, I have had so much fun this season and it would not have been possible without all the hard work carried out by Bram. Also thanks to all RD staff involved with the RDTCC, and all drivers who managed to turn up throughout the season, its been a blast!

Also, thanks to my Girlfriend, maybe not for understanding, but for tolerating my desire to race in this championship, and not kicking up too much of a fuss over me being away from her for every 2nd sunday over the last few months!

See you all in Season 9!

This is a good initiative, Freddie :)

Thanks goes to everyone who took part, and especially to Bram; I think if I had been in his shoes, I would have given up a long time ago. I would not have been capable of putting up with all the insults, arguments, impatience, laziness, blatant rule-breaking and so on.

Personally I had a great time. The drivers with whom I competed were always a pleasure to be with and I'd like to thank every one of them, but that would take up WAY too much space here.

Here's to continued RD fun! :D

Credit due especially to Bram, but also to those working behind the scenes to make the league possible, sure there were some disappointments along the way, like the live stream being pulled, but they must have been even more disappointing for the organisers and RD than for the individual drivers. So a big thankyou for continuing when others around were dropping out.

The same goes for the drivers who started and continued through the full season.

Also to those who joined late to make up the numbers, without whom the League may have been down to one and a bit servers.

Finally congratulations to Jack for his Win - it was a true shame to see you pointing the wrong way in that last race as the field passed you, and not long before you caught us up and passed us!! Well done Jack.

Bram and staff and all participants, thanks for arranging this. Thanks for all the fun in this league. After every racenight, I was eager for the next one. Shame it's over that fast. I'm sure the next one will be equal fun or even more.

Now just await that pm which makes this league all the more a pleasure.
"Dear Danny, we are pleased to announce you have won the ..... " ;):cool:

Bram,
although i had an up and down kind of a championship, i must commend you for the time and effort you put into this, and express my appreciation for that.

We all know you had endless problems to solve throughout the championship, with little or no help, and i want to endorse what Mike posted.

Thank you once again....:)

A big thank you to RD and Bram for yet another great league. Thanks also to all the drivers and especially to the guys I had great close clean fights with. Also a well done to JK for the overall win.

THANKS!!!!!!

Many thanks to Bram, RD and fellow competitors for this league! Unfortunately I missed 2 events because of a last minute job trip and midsummer holiday. I had a good time with many good fights. It was also nice to get familiar with the Chevrolet Cruze. It's one of the best cars I've driven in this game, very nice balance of my liking and a very strong engine. But it still can't beat the joy and challenge out of driving a BMW even if I'm slower in it. I have to agree with Danny on this point (as he mentions in the Macau post-race thread).

It might take a while until my next league (only RD GT2 on Forza 4 left) in simracing, not really happy with my lack of enough preparation before the races. Luckily there are still racing club events here on RD with RACE07:). Once again, thanks for a great season and congratulations to Jack for winning overall!

Thanks for the kind words guys - really proud to win this one and get on the list of winners of this Championship.

I was very happy with Race 1 which went perfectly, Race 2 was a bit dodgy as there was some kind of lag which caused the massive stuttering and spin, but still the main aim was just to finish which was all that was required at that point.

The Q lap was a blinder though I have to say, beating my PB in a Q session set in a Cruze by over half a second so well chuffed with that lap.

Well done to everone who turned every lap, and also to Bram & RD for keeping the show on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes