2012 Nürburgring 24 Hours

logo.png

For the 40th time since 1970 (the 1974 and 1975 races were cancelled due to the energy crisis). The list of winners feature names like Niki Lauda, Hans-Joachim Stuck, Steve Soper, Emanuele Pirro, Jo Winkelhock, Roberto Ravaglia, Andy Priaulx, Augusto Farfus, Michael Bartels, Kris Nissen or Johnny Checotto. It is also the 13th running of this race since the readdition of the GT group cars.

n24.gif

New in 2012 is the Top-40 qualifying session, which works like a second qualifying compareable to Formula 1, WTCC or IndyCar. This session will be held on Friday afternoon.

Thursday
12:30 - 14:00 UTC Free practice
17:30 - 21:30 UTC Night Qualifying

Friday
07:35 - 09:35 UTC Day Qualifying
16:00 - 16:50 UTC Top-40 Qualifying

Saturday
14:00 UTC Start of the race

From the pool of the GT3 cars we can again expect the most contenders for the win. The works-BMW this year are entered by Schubert Motorsports since Schnitzer (sometimes reffered to as BMW Motorsports Germany) maintains the DTM BMW. Since the M3 GT2 are running in the ALMS, Schubert enters two Z4 GT3. Audi relys on Team Phoenix and Mercedes on Team ROWE. All three DTM manufactors lack their DTM stars, since they are in Brands Hatch for Round 3.
Again at the Ring is the Ferrari P4/5 driven by Fabrizio Giovanardi and Nicola Larini.
Link to the 18 pages long entry list
Due to the change of rules in some aspects "only" 170 teams entered the race (2011: 250 teams).

Thursday
12:30 UTC Free Practice
16:30 UTC Night Qualifying

Friday
07:30 UTC Day Qualifying
15:45 UTC Top 40 Qualifying

Saturday
13:00 UTC Countdown to Green
14:00 UTC Race

200px-Sport1HD.svg.png

Thursday
08:45 UTC Pre-Event show
21:30 UTC Night-Qualifying Highlights

Friday
07:00 UTC Day Qualifying LIVE
14:00 UTC Top-40 Qualifying LIVE and further information

Saturday
08:45 UTC Pre-Race show, including German Porsche Carrera Cup, Renaul Clio Cup and Mini Trophy races
13:45 UTC Race, start
18:00 UTC Race, including VW Scirocco-R Cup highlights from Brands Hatch

Sunday
05:00 UTC Race
13:00 UTC Race, finish

Livestreams
Official Livestream (starting Saturday 13:00 UTC) http://www.24h-rennen.de/LIVE.94.0.html
Sport 1 Livestream (starting Saturday 13:30 UTC) http://tv.sport1.de/motorsport/index.php
AUDI Livestream (starting Saturday 13:30 UTC) http://tv.audi.com/
SportAuto Livestream (starting Saturday 13:30 UTC) http://www.sportauto.de/livestream-24h-rennen-nuerburgring-3861943.html?bcpid=1011710104001

Hmm, Dennis Rostek missing from the Youg Driver AMR line-up...

The Glickenhaus Ferrari has a new 3rd driver I see? No Salo, and Cappellari starts with another team?

#97:

Kirkwood, Angus GB - Hong Kong Wait, what?

Oh!

#118, there's a driver from the neighbour town Bottmingen!:confused: Saligari is a garage owner I think... Actually there are several participating that live close...

#123 - There's Mr Gran Turismo again:)

Kremer Racing is also there, and the never diying Manta of Volker Strycek:D

Then Gazoos and Toyota Swiss Racing on GT 86.

Some strange anonyms out there("Rennsemmel").

And the norwegian Audi TT in SP3T is not on thhe startlist this year. The first time the Møller Bil Motorsport team is not driving since we built their first car in 2005. Will have to cheer for some others this year insted!

Manthey is using that car in International GT Open where they already achieved two wins in two starts. Still Manthey is sending in a huge amount of cars: The "pinstripe" Moskovskaya #10, the #11 and #12 Wochenspiegel Mantheys and the #14 as well as preparing Haribo Racing Team's #8.

Big shout to car 186, the Jaguar XF run by Carvell Motorsport. I should have been over there working for them this weekend as I have been in the first 2 rounds of the VLN series, but unfortunately I couldnt make this one due to me only having 1 week left to finish my final dissertation at uni. All British team in a British car taking it to ze Germans! To quote Winston Churchill... "We will fight them on the Nordschleife, and on the GP circuit and in the pit stops".... I think the speech went like that anyway!

I did watch the documentary "24hours" which covered the preparations and race for the BMW-team last year(?) earlier today, I am eager to get the race going already :p

You mean the yellow-green color came originally from a sponser?
or was it just replaced because of the Wochenspiegel?
Yeah, the yellow-green color came from a sponsor which now funds the International GT Open campaign of Manthey instead of the 24h race.

just a quick question UTC time zone, correponds to what GMT? GMT+2?
For daily use is UTC = GMT. UTC is the international world time standard since it is based on the Inernational Atomic Time.

Also, I found a map I once made for Radio LeMans with the translated names of the corners^^
24h-circuit_english-1.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back