2012 Nürburgring 24 Hours

They are having a higher drop-out rate than we had on our 24h event here earlier this year :p
I don't like this accident-frequenzy though, feels like they come harder and more frequent now than when they had even 50 more cars in the field...

Rain out on the Nordschleife at the moment, several accidents reported.
The Manthey-Porsche #11 came in with some damage to the front left, I suspect he found the water first...

Good morning from the wet Green Hell. Laptimes are down in the 10min10 region for the GT3s. After 100laps the #22 ROWE Mercedes SLS is leading, infront of #3 Phoenix Audi R8 and the #20 Schubert BMW Z4. #9 Raeder Audi R8, #11 Wochenspiegel Manthey Porsche, #26 Mamerow Audi R8 and the #65 & #66 Hankook Team Heico Mercedes SLS. These Top-9 all on the lead lap. 8h25min to go.

EDIT: fits here as well

A message by Audi.

CongratsChelsea.png

To bad we don't know what car it was because in the place of the Chelsea logo there would have been the starting number.

I loved how John Hindhaugh was trying to figure out what car the onboard came from. He came to the conclusion it must be a Sauber. :D

So after a long night and morning of racing we are there again that we have an Audi and a Mercedes pushin each other to the limit, and the Manthey-Porsche is sneaking along in the shadows waiting for the cars ahead to push each other into more trouble :p

Sounds like one of Mantheys usual scripts for the race ;)

does anybody knows what happended to #17 BMW? that car is way down on the live timing and it was on the top20 when i stopped watching

Copied from the official website:
"Sonntag, 20.05.12
# 17 (Lauda / Kechele / van der Ende / Lamy) BMW Z4 GT3
(03:43 Uhr) Unfall im Bereich Schwalbenschwanz"

-->Crash at 03:34 on track part "Schwalbenschwanz"

down to two cars still in one lap, both of them audis, pity the bmws folded, both are down 5 laps, also the mercedes and porsche each and everyone ran into some problem over the last 12 hours, so more than last years it is a matter of just making it through without delay. absolutely great entertainment, best event of the year.

#2 and #3 are 1 lap down by now, AUDI R8 leading with 12 minutes to go. Come on...make it happen Basseng, Haase, Stippler, Winkelhock!

What a bizzar 24h race... I even had the feeling it was more of a crashfest then last year though less cars were on track. And so many twists. And the finish... I mean the Clio, I somehow can understand that after 24h you are not used to catch up to a Porsche. In an interview it was stated that the Porsche wanted to wait at the start/finish-line since they were 1 lap short on fuel.
First ever win for Audi at the Nürburgring 24h. Third time a Winkelhock won.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back