2012 Formula One Korean Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
fanboy quote figures.

anyways seems 2011 all over again. F1 unwatchable, greatful there are many other motorsports who dont have a hack of a car....up to a point.

Will you please shut up for once.

You need to understand Formula 1 more. It isn't just about who wins. Just because there isn't a battle for the win, doesn't mean it is a terrible race and you should hate that particular driver.

Also, you only seem to hate when that happens when it isn't Alonso. If Alonso dominated a race or a championship, you would be loving the season and saying how good the season was.

fanboy quote figures.

anyways seems 2011 all over again. F1 unwatchable, greatful there are many other motorsports who dont have a hack of a car....up to a point.

No. Mere fact, no matter how hard you cry it still is a fact: your "Vettels luck has run out" has no root in the real world, winning 3 races in a row is not running out of luck.

-
Webber receives team orders. Massa receives team orders. Probably the same could happen with Raikonnen/Grosjean and Hamilton/Button if it became necessary.

It's been like this for a while. No surprise there.

fanboy quote figures.

If F1 is only wathable for you when your favaorite driver wins, than your not even close to a F1 Fan.
I'm a Ferrari/Alonso fan myself but what you are writing is just ridiculous.
For me Alonso deserves the title, because what he has shown this season was just incredible. His last title was in 2006 and his next title is overdue.
F1 is a teamsport and the best package wins, which seems to be for the moment RB/Vettel.

Will you please shut up for once.
oh yes please...

If F1 is only wathable for you when your favaorite driver wins, than your not even close to a F1 Fan.
I'm a Ferrari/Alonso fan myself but what you are writing is just ridiculous.
I for me Alonso deserves the title, because what he has shown this season was just incredible.

Of all current drivers, MSC aside, Alonso is the one I like too.

But more important than whoever wins is to watch F1 nail-biting races right until the end. My view, at least.

Yes, and while it is not happening Vettel will win the GPs in a better car, as usual... when cars are equal (this has happened in the past) he is not winning. It is a proven fact. Just what I was saying.

An average driver winning three titles... sad.

I understand you but, this is F1. Team+car+driver=package. It happens.

People put JB in this category (average driver becoming a champion).

I'm not saying Vettel is average because the boy is quick. But for those that feel he is average, watching him win can be a show killer.

Now tell me who expected a Ferrari win that day. 1 day before the race he was 1,3s slower than the pole time (and over a second slower than P5).

Weather in this case is not luck, luck is having a glued car where the worst result you can do is a P2.
After the red flag Alonso started in 5th, he only overtook one driver before the red flag while Grosjeans slaughtered Schumi. Then the grid ahead took a more safer strategy while Alonso risked it and got a massive lead. (he did 4 pits while Hamilton and Webber were ahead of him before the restart did 5, Button who also did 4 ran right into an HRT while being ahead of Alonso causing damage to his front wing. And finally Perez went for a 1 stopper.)

Until now I don't see the driving aspect playing any huge part in Alonso's win, just a perfect scenario. I am not saying that Alonso is a bad driver, but I was arguing before about Vettel winning with only a good car, plus as My993C2 said, "F1 has always been about the car first and the driver second" and a bit of luck.

I'd like Alonso to win the championship, but that doesn't mean I hate Vettel.

I do hate when a race ends up being cars with gaps of over 5 seconds between them, no matter who are the drivers, because that's boring, in my opinion (be welcome to disagree, there's no right or wrong here).

At least there were some fights at the back for part of the race (those Toro Rosso were on fire!). Also, yesterday I told my father Kobayashi was the kind of driver that doesn't get into problems too often. Well, today he takes out Button and Rosberg, so yeah (supposedly someone hit his rear tyre). A shame, it would have been interesting to see if Button could do one of his comebacks.

Also, Hamilton is being unlucky. I doubt there's a conspiracy here, McLaren have been consistently uncompetent the whole season. Must be cold in Korea though, because he thought his car needed a scarf.

As for Fernando and Massa, well, what do you expect? Fernando is still fighting for the championship, Massa is way behind in the points, so they just kept him behind, at a distance that wouldn't eat the tyres, to ensure that Fernando got 3rd, and Ferrari got as much points for the WCC as possible.

De La Rosa got a stuck throttle. Well, nothing some 3in1 and contact cleaner can't fix. A shame because he was having a good streak of finishes.

Also, Rosberg's car forcing a yellow flag in the overtaking straight was fun. Was it really that dangerous? I mean, if someone manages to strike there, he's got way worse problems to be concerned about than a Formula 1 car. Like a concrete barrier. The astroturf problem is just unacceptable.

Oh, and prime tyres lasting barely 2-4 laps more than soft tyres? Pirelli, you must be proud.

I mean, if someone manages to strike there, he's got way worse problems to be concerned about than a Formula 1 car. Like a concrete barrier.
I suppose hitting a standing F1 car at 300kph is way worse than hitting a concrete barrier.
So the yellow flag is absolut correct, but I also wonderd why it took them 7 oder 8 laps to recover that car.

McLaren showing again why Hamilton make a good move by leaving:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103452

After gearbox at Singapura, suspension in Suzuka, now Anti-roll bar failure.:O_o:
This is crazy....

They have had the most competent F1 car this year, if Red Bull would have had this car they would have been champions already, guaranteed..

They got great pit stops but woopdy F´n do, congratulations.

Didn't Red Bull beat their pit stop time today as well?

Another boring race in my opinion.
Everyone loving Vettel now he's got a good car again.
I'm praying Alonso can pull it back. He actually deserves the championship.

I just would like to say something to some Alonso fans who think that it is unfair that a few drivers had a certain gap between their rivals...

Go watch Indycar. Seriously, you'll like it. The cars are exactly the same, there's no development, and 8 second gaps are very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes