2012 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
It Means He Qualified 3rd but still in a perfect match to Hamiltons Mclaren all the time until Hamilton retired When He had a Inferior car. And Please Don't say Vettel has a Superior one to Mclaren in singapore just because Vettel Won with a 8.5 sec gap over JB
I neither call the McLaren superior in Singapur nor do I call the RB inferior. The cars where quiote close together.
Nevertheless you were trying to prove that Vettel can win when he isn't starting from the front row, but a 2 position gain caused by a good start and a retirement doesn't really prove anything.

I neither call the McLaren superior in Singapur nor do I call the RB inferior. The cars where quiote close together.
Nevertheless you were trying to prove that Vettel can win when he isn't starting from the front row, but a 2 position gain caused by a good start and a retirement doesn't really prove anything.
Well Statistically Speaking It can Prove My point
It doesn't mean that others had Problems during the race or Having a Good start for you but the Point is Where you started and Where you finished in the end.
if you say it won't prove then there are races where Leader started a Race from Pole got down to P4 or P5 after pit stops but still won it it must not be Considered as a Out right win of Pole to Podium.

Felipe proved today that he has the speed, I don't think Alonso could make anything better with that car.

Was super nice to see him there again where he belongs.

Bad luck for Alonso at the start, everything was super thight and I think Kimi couldnt slow down because he was on the grass, and at the same time Alonso lost grip on the front... well, that's racing, it happens to everybody.

Absolutely delighted to see Kamui Kobayashi take his first podium... have always liked the driver and the man and it`s sooo good to see him do this at his home GP.

Well done Kamui!!!

Hope he remains in F1 for a few years although things might be heading in another direction sadly...

Great and dominant drive by Vettel who was totally untouchable but yet another hick up for Grosjean... I quite like the guy but he has to take a close look at himself and his starts etc as he seems to have messed things up a bit this last while.

Quite good race though and although I`m a macca man I was really hoping that Button wouldn`t take away Kamui`s first podium.

Well done again Mr. Kobayashi.
smile.gif

Well Statistically Speaking It can Prove My point
It doesn't mean that others had Problems during the race or Having a Good start for you but the Point is Where you started and Where you finished in the end.
Statistically yes, but statistically Vettel won most of his races starting from the front row. Out of 24 race wins he started 22times from the front row and never further back than 3rd.
So who of of did prove anything now or did this get us any further? ;) I doubt it...

Statistics only tell who was a succefull driver but not who is or was a great driver. Look at Gille Villneuve for example.
Vettel is no doubt a succesfull driver. Some people think he is a great driver, some don't. Those discussions never lead to anything and never will.

...And Some people want to make everyone clear (in nearly every posting) that they really don't like Vettel (;))

Hope he remains in F1 for a few years although things might be heading in another direction sadly...
I dont think Sauber will not give him a new contract. They already lost Perez and now that they really are challenging the guys at the front and of course want to stay there it would be better to have experienced driver in the cockpit who knows the team well.

I dont think Sauber will not give him a new contract. They already lost Perez and now that they really are challenging the guys at the front and of course want to stay there it would be better to have experienced driver in the cockpit who knows the team well.

I'm praying Kamui remains at Sauber, Peter Sauber had high praises for him when he was first made a name for himself in the sport while replacing Glock at Toyota. His been there at the team since 2010 so he knows the car and staff etc pretty well. I understand they want to remain competitive, maybe if they want an experienced driver bring in Kovalainen and pair him with Kamui? Whatever the case may be, hope Kobayashi isn't forced out of a drive for next season, I would be devastated! :(

It looks like Vettel will take this championship. I predicted before the season started that this would be a fight between Alonso and Vettel, but Alonso would just barely win. That might still be the case. Personally I want Alonso to win more because a driver of his calibre should not have to settle for two titles. But I think many years later 2012 will be remembered as his best year.

KAMUI!!!!! KING!

So glad to see him get some sucess! Very strong to keep Button behind!
Also great damage control from Hamilton, set-up was a disaster he said and he was fighting Renault´s and Force India´s in the race and even got a taste of his own medicine with Perez overtaking him.
He was noticeably slow in braking zones as if he was scared to lock the brakes.
Looked somewhat good in second stint though and got pretty close to Button until he fell back.

Grosjean..................................................i don´t even know how he got a superlicense.

Battle is closing up now. And im still going with Hamilton.
Because Alonso DNF:d he took 10 points from Alonso.

More then needed for the (Hamilton wins all races, Alonso finishes second in all)
I think this chamionship battle is far from over.
Make no mistake, the Mclaren is still extremely quick.
Button with gearbox problems and Hamilton with setup problems.

I find it super unlikely that Alonso can keep any sort of lead. The car isn't as fast as the Red Bull, or McLaren, although they were a bit of the pace today to the Ferrari. Reliability is only going to get you so far, you have to win some races and Alonso must. I don't think we will see much more reliability issues for Red Bull and I've heard they have some big body work upgrades for Korea.

I think you have a point there, but it luck surely has a part to play in a sport like this. Alonso has been lucky, he's also been very smart all season. Even last season. He tends to avoid on track confrontations where possible. This has got him where he is in the points now. Oh and his ability to start really well.

If the next few races see reliability sorted (Redbull/Lotus/McLaren) Alonso will struggle to keep his lead. I have a funny feeling he might win this season. But as we know, this is not a predictable season.

Well Then Why Seb only selected to RBR but not Bourdias ??

You have gotten some answers. I'd just chip in with another little thought.

Bourdais was far better than he looked, the races he really was good in, something happened. But then again, he wasn't as good as Vettel. Anyway, his Monza win was just as much down to Torro Rosso running a more wet-setup than the others. Not that Vettel didn't race good, he really did. But Torro Rosso had one of the, if not the fastest car that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes