2012 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
event_artwork_878.jpg

Suzuka

One of the greatest tracks used in Formula One today, Japan's Suzuka circuit is a massive test of car and driver ability. Built by Honda as a test facility in 1962, the track was designed by Dutchman John Hugenholz, the Hermann Tilke of his day. A huge theme park was also constructed at the track, including the famous big wheel which dominates the Suzuka skyline.

In 1987, having hosted various sportscar and F2 races, and having lost out initially to Fuji in the race to host the Japanese Grand Prix, Honda's influence finally prevailed and the Grand Prix had a new Japanese home. And - 2007/8 aside - at Suzuka the race has stayed ever since, providing the scene for many nail-biting end-of-season deciders, including the infamous collisions involving Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna.

Suzuka includes some of the F1 calendar's most challenging corners. Among the drivers' favourites are the high-speed 130R and the famous Spoon Curve. On top of this the circuit's figure-of-eight layout makes it unique in Formula One.

In my opinion the best driver´s track in the world. This track flows like no other track in the world. Nords and SPA are the two i would say comes closest but for me it´s in it´s own league, just amazing really.

No surprises that i´m going with Hamilton all the way here.
Possibly Button on pole which he then will let Hamilton past to help him take the title.

I think that Mclaren will be very strong for 2 reasons.
1. They have proven to be the fastest car ATM and been pretty much storming away with the lead in the last 4 races. (until Lewis gearbox dropped in Singapore)
2. Because of their pace they can always afford to drive a bit slower if the other cars can't catch up to them and save their tires. (Something that Lewis did in Hungaroring and seemed to work in his favor when Kimi's car was going fast by the end of the race)

None the less I am really hope that Suzuka will bring a lot of action packed moments and I seriously can't wait for that. (2010 with Kobayashi is by far my most favorite race)

Great video in the first post! Really amazing to see how close they were.

This is indeed one of the best tracks on the circuit, really a drivers track to get all the turns right.
Forgot the bloody poll again.... but seriously most answers after Qualiftying or after the race anyways.
Never really understood the need to have a poll so early. The earliest anyone can make a prediction is after the first practice sessions, and even then there's still a chance of changing choice after quali.

Sauber could spring a big surprise.

Can't forget Lotus either! They're finally going to bring the DDRS system they've been working on for months now.

Jenson should be strong here, Japan is almost his second home so the atmosphere should give him a boost. Lewis will also be very hungry for a win, he still is in the fight for the championship. Let's hope that McLaren sort out reliability issues, it is such a shame that many points have been lost with mistakes and reliability issues. I think Vettel will be strong too taking the fight to Alonso in the standings.

I just noticed this from Eric Boulliers interview, all 4 tops teams are very tight and fighting for the championship. :confused:
So anyone can win this which makes this year just a bit more exciting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 382 28.2%