2012 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I most have missed that, damn! :p

Never the less, I predict that Kobayashi and Massa will be the big surprises of the race. ;)
I predict that Webber will win this if he gets an ok start or Vettel because RBR seems quite suitable for Hockenheim.
Oh and ENJOY the race everyone! :)

Why do you say this? He is good there is no questioning that. But there are plenty of other drivers that also possess extremely good car control. Maybe just maybe people need to stop this nonsense that Alonso is driving inferior equipment and come to the realization that the 2012 Ferrari car is not one of the crappier cars on the grid, no the 2012 Ferrari car is actually one of the better cars. Did you see the onboard footage of Schumacher and Alonso from wet qualifying in Silverstone? Schumacher was fighting his Mercedes from understeering, then oversteering on every corner while Alonso's Ferrari just carved through all the corners with barely a fight. To some they would say "Oh look Schumacher is a poor driver" while saying "Oh look at Alonso's control, he is the greatest driver who has ever lived". The drivers are not all equal, for sure some are better than others. But one must always combine the car and the driver together. The driver can not win without a good car and a good car will not win without a good driver. Last year Vettel/Red Bull had this winning combination. So far this year Alonso/Ferrari seem to have the right combination. But the season is far from over. Put Schumacher in the 2012 Ferrari, put Kimi in the 2012 Ferrari, put Hamilton, Button or any number of other drivers in the 2012 Ferrari and they too might look pretty damn impressive. The only thing we can be certain of is that Alonso is better than Massa.

Massa was quite close to Schumacher (specially towards the end of the season) and Raikkonen (even faster than him in 2008), but Alonso is totally destroying him since he joined Ferrari, with 3 different cars, having huge gaps between him and Massa. If the 2012 car is so good, why is Massa 13th in the driver standings?

Actually the car is quite good, not the best but at least competitive. But in the first rounds (until Bahrain or so) it was horrible, more than 1 second slower than the competitive cars. I still remember the team radio after winning at Sepang, with Stella (I think it was him) almost crying.

German Grand Prix race stewards have decided to take no further action against Red Bull overtorque map irregularities.
The stewards stated that, while they did not accept all of Red Bull's arguments, there was no infringement of Article 5.5.3 of the technical regulations.
This means that Sebastian Vettel will be allowed to line up second on the grid for the race, with team-mate Mark Wark Webber eighth after a gearbox change.
The statement from the stewards read as follows:
"The stewards received a report from the FIA technical delegate, along with specific ECU data from Red Bull Racing cars #1 and #2. The Stewards met with the team representatives and the representative of the engine supplier Renault."

"While the stewards do not accept all the arguments of the team, they however conclude that as the regulation is written, the map presented does not breach the text of Art 5.5.3 of the Formula 1 Technical Regulations and therefore decided to take no action."
The equivocal wording of the stewards' statement suggests that Red Bull might be not entirely within the spirit of the regulations. If the FIA is unhappy with what Red Bull is doing with its engine mapping, it is possible that there could be a rules clarification at a later date closing any potential loophole.

Autosport.com

Massa was quite close to Schumacher (specially towards the end of the season) and Raikkonen (even faster than him in 2008), but Alonso is totally destroying him since he joined Ferrari, with 3 different cars, having huge gaps between him and Massa. If the 2012 car is so good, why is Massa 13th in the driver standings?

Actually the car is quite good, not the best but at least competitive. But in the first rounds (until Bahrain or so) it was horrible, more than 1 second slower than the competitive cars. I still remember the team radio after winning at Sepang, with Stella (I think it was him) almost crying.
Tires... Massa had a hard time changing his driving style for the smaller front tires.
Pirelli´s just added to it, Webber also had problems in the first Pirelli year etc.

Make no mistake, Massa is a quick driver, one of the quickest over a lap but he´s had a lot of problems, when the car feels like utter crap you will spin every now and then or be way off pace.

Right now they seem to have solved a setup that works for him and they seem to have figured out the tires, a sign of that is when both driver´s in the team is almost equal in pace.

Car is definitely the second best car on the grid, Alonso does great things but he too needs a car behind him to take poles or similar.

C'mon Kamui, bring home a good result!

The Saubers look very quick yesterday in qualifying until the rain came!

EDIT: Hamilton has a right rear puncture, limping to the pits!

LOL Lewis Hamilton just got 10 points in my book, that was magical. Vettel whining on the radio after was a lovely followup. He's catching Alonso a lap down things just keep getting better and better. Go Alonso!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%