2012 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only part the FIA cared all weekend was Turn 1. which everyone uses to gain some time by going slightly wide.

the hairpin , anything goes, can can go beyond wide, he wont gain time. he can ride the inside kerb on it, slippery will loose time.

that turn he "cut" was previously cut by many drivers on Q2.

cut last year in dry quali by drivers.

yet no action for the FIA

I think you are all just hating, which is okay, your feeding me power :)
It's not hating, it's realism :) You can't call the white black. He was out of the track twice and yet he took pole. We didn't see anybody doing this in Q3. Just accept it. FIA won't do anything.

supposed to be dry.

just watched the pole twice, he does go wide but no 4 wheels out of track at anytime, considered it was Wet, webber, vettel, schumi, put about 2 wheels off the line in a few sectors.
accusing is irrelevant, its a wet race, things like this happen, but Turn 1 is all the cared about, odd, they should care about all turns, then i can see penalties given.:cautious:

lets give alonso a break, he wont win tomorrow, thats a fact :thumbsup:

You watched every car's onboard footage of q3 eh?
speed live literally showed lots of cars going wide, and making green times but no pole, alonso simply had the luck there of setting a faster green time in the end. and whether he cut his last lap or not, he was already on pole.

i think it goes more than accusing the FIA, its a wet race, all they cared is turn1, its WET, how hard is that to understand, u are bound to go wide, even if u have the downforce of hell.

not defending alonso himself, vettel also went wide, and if he would of took pole id be defending it by mere fact that its wet. if this was on Dry, then obvously his lap wouldnt have counted.

speed live literally showed lots of cars going wide, and making green times but no pole, alonso simply had the luck there of setting a faster green time in the end. and whether he cut his last lap or not, he was already on pole.

i think it goes more than accusing the FIA, its a wet race, all they cared is turn1, its WET, how hard is that to understand, u are bound to go wide, even if u have the downforce of hell.

not defending alonso himself, vettel also went wide, and if he would of took pole id be defending it by mere fact that its wet. if this was on Dry, then obvously his lap wouldnt have counted.

I was being sarcastic at Victor nit picking the 45 seconds of footage he saw because his man was no where near pole so the guy on it couldn't have done it legitimately.

2 Wet qualies and 2 Poles in a row, haters gonna hate regardless lol I wonder how his car is set up for tomorrow. Fingers crossed the soft tires hold up better than last race and he'll win it :)

If Vettel is the threat in the race, then the top speed shouldn't be a huge disadvantage.
In addition this is the first time we see DRS at Hockenheim, so we don't know how effective the DRS will be.

But considering it should be dry tomorrow and how this weekend (almost no dry running) and the whole season went, it's pretty useless trying to predict anything :D

Vettel might be able to pass Alonso sometime during the race when tire wear becomes an issue similar to how Webber passed Alonso in Silverstone. But Alonso is looking good to come out of this race with his solid lead in the championship maintained.The Ferrari is a fast reliable car and Alonso is a top notch driver. Even if ("if" being the key word) Vettel can pass Alonso, I have to think Alonso will be finishing somewhere on the podium in Germany. 13 points in front of Webber, 29 points in front of Vettel and 37 points in front of Hamilton. Alonso is in the driver's seat right now. But it is a long season with many more races still to come. It is far too early to be crowning Alonso the champ.

Besides the Vettel/Alonso battle, I am curious to see how both McLaren cars and both Lotus cars do in this race. Both teams look fast on a dry track (the race should be dry) and it was only a thoroughly wet track in Q3 that prevented the McLaren and Lotus cars from being higher on the starting grid.

The on board of Alonso's pole lap was simply amazing! Epic car control. He's just in a class of his own! Too bad he drives for Ferrari. :( ;)

Why do you say this? He is good there is no questioning that. But there are plenty of other drivers that also possess extremely good car control. Maybe just maybe people need to stop this nonsense that Alonso is driving inferior equipment and come to the realization that the 2012 Ferrari car is not one of the crappier cars on the grid, no the 2012 Ferrari car is actually one of the better cars. Did you see the onboard footage of Schumacher and Alonso from wet qualifying in Silverstone? Schumacher was fighting his Mercedes from understeering, then oversteering on every corner while Alonso's Ferrari just carved through all the corners with barely a fight. To some they would say "Oh look Schumacher is a poor driver" while saying "Oh look at Alonso's control, he is the greatest driver who has ever lived". The drivers are not all equal, for sure some are better than others. But one must always combine the car and the driver together. The driver can not win without a good car and a good car will not win without a good driver. Last year Vettel/Red Bull had this winning combination. So far this year Alonso/Ferrari seem to have the right combination. But the season is far from over. Put Schumacher in the 2012 Ferrari, put Kimi in the 2012 Ferrari, put Hamilton, Button or any number of other drivers in the 2012 Ferrari and they too might look pretty damn impressive. The only thing we can be certain of is that Alonso is better than Massa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back