2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone always immediately calling for race bans when it comes to Maldonado?

Sure, it was another stupid move, but nothing more. He left the track and then turned right to get back on it. It's an automatic reaction. It's not even like Hamilton is blameless. I'm guessing that the only reason Maldonado got a bigger penalty than Vergne was because he's a repeat offender.

Yep, 5 yellow cards - you miss a race, red card - you miss 3 races. NIce and clear.
I believe there is something like that in place. After so many Steward interventions in a year you get a race ban/grid penalty I can't remember what it is exactly. The reason I know that is because everyone kept saying if Hamilton got one more drive-through last year he would have faced some sort of penalty.

Why is everyone always immediately calling for race bans when it comes to Maldonado?

Sure, it was another stupid move, but nothing more. He left the track and then turned right to get back on it. It's an automatic reaction. It's not even like Hamilton is blameless. I'm guessing that the only reason Maldonado got a bigger penalty than Vergne was because he's a repeat offender.
Totally agree but for me Maldonado should have gotten a ban for the Monaco incedent with Perez. That was a completly unacceptable behavoir and should be penalized harshly just to make a point.

However Maldonado has too many incidents. As I said before, it seems like someone can cause an incident in every race in a season (exaggeration) and nothing builds up. For example, points on a license.

I don't believe he made it on purpose he just wanted that podium :) The point is that with that stupid move he threw out one of the championship contenders and if at the end of the year Hamilton misses it by a small gap everybody will remember today :)

PS: Any news about the strange "problem" with Alonso's car or the 1 kg fuel rule is only applied to Hamilton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes