2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RBR & Webber claim vs Schumacher was just plain sad frustration if you see this:
Michael.jpg
I don't think this shows the real diffrence in speed. I assume Schumacher is already breaking or lifting early for the corner.

What an epic race that was, shame about the Lewis/Maldonado incident but Maldonado would have got past later on if they didn't come together. Obviously the stewards decision shows that they feel Maldonado was at fault (as do I being a Mclaren fan!) - they have so much more data available to them than we do and obviously they made their decision based on that. I think Maldonado just needs to be more patient in the heat of the moment, especially when he knows he's quicker than the car in front.

Looking forward to Silverstone, will we get winner number 8 or will Button make an epic come back?!

:D Oh if Maldonardo wants, I have a Bulldozer job available on the table for him:coffee:

He has potential but one thing that seems to lack is Judgement, as I see it at this point,.

To me as for Hamiltion the 2nd pit-stop was probably the greatest opportunity for a better finish "Darn Jack" = Two positions lost:cool:

But that is Racing and we move on with a :)

Fantastic race! Being an Alonso fan, I always cheer for him in every Grand Prix, but I thought a win was out of the question when he qualified 11th. I mean, this is the track where a couple of years ago there was only ONE overtaking move for the entire race. Seeing him gain the lead after Vettel's failure had me cheering.

In regards to the Hamilton-Maldonado incident, stewards made the right choice by penalizing Maldonado. Maldonado could have eased off and attacked Hamilton further ahead as it was clear that Maldonado had a quicker car as Hamiltons tires were completely done.

Also, what is it with Red Bull being completely vague when something fails on Vettels car? When they interviewed him after his retirement he completely avoided the question and didn't really say anything.

Edit: Great to see Schumacher back on the podium!

I looked at MAL-HAM again and saw Grosjean's overtaking on Hamilton in the same turn.

Grosjean and Maldonado were at about the same spot vs Hamilton.
Grosjean was in front before the turn, just like Maldonado.
Grosjean was behind in the middle of the turn, just like Maldonado.
Grosjean was not pushed of the track, Maldonado was.
Hamilton left space in the left turn against Grosjean, something he also didn't do against Maldonado.

So, why did Hamilton choose a different far more aggressive strategy against Maldonado than against Grosjean?
Dying moments and desperate to hold on to as many points as possible.

Misjusdgement by both. I think Maldonado could have waited and Hamilton should have just backed off as he knew there was nothing left in those tyres. I think Hamilton has been great this season, but the difference between him and Alonso is that the latter would have said, "I'm going to collect some points, just finish the race".

Time and again Alonso has backed out of a fight when he knows the car/tyres are not in great shape. Hamilton will learn from this. (I hope)

Also, what is it with Red Bull being completely vague when something fails on Vettels car? When they interviewed him after his retirement he completely avoided the question and didn't really say anything.
RBR is one sneaky team, several things now these few races where they have found stuff not to be legal yet RBR has won races with it on.

I bet if FIA took a deep dive into that car they would find so many things that are not really legal.

What a cracker of a race, it really, really paid off to stay off the internet yesterday afternoon while at work. :D

Then again, Senna got a penalty for causing a collision with Kobayashi. I'm not paid for being an expert and so on but...WHAT!?

Yeah, that one was a big shame. I could imagine that it was for driving to the right when Kobayashi's car was already bit alongside him, therefore making Kobayashi choose between the wall and Senna's car.

Extremely impressive car control though. Catching it after a 135° spin and only losing one place was almost Ken Block-esque :p

Sector times, pretty interesting, it was in Sector 1 where Hamilton pretty much lost everything (or where the RBR simply was a quicker car)

The last two sectors they are pretty much even.
If we play with the idea that in S1 they both ran an identical time it would have been much closer :)

S2 - Vettel is only 0.018s quicker.
S3 - Hamilton is 0.014s quicker.

Vettel would have taken pole by 0.004 seconds :)
It takes around 0.200s for your brain to figure out if the person ahead of you is angry, sad, happy etc.

It's mostly down to car characteristics, I think. Sector 1 is all about breaking and traction. Sector 2 about traction and top speed. Sector 3 about downforce.

The McLaren has bad traction, but very good downforce and top speed. RB is good under breaking and has insane traction.

It's also interesting to see that in S2, the Lotus are just nowhere. No wonder they had difficulties overtaking.

Having watched the race the driver Im most dissapointed with is Vergne. That contact was pretty poor form and the rediculous driving afterwards with a flat tyre not only destroyed his race but dented his reputation in my book. Toro Rosso have a far too inexperienced driver lineup, they need someone there to guide them.

Well, the guy I'm dissappointed with is Hamilton. Sure, Maldonado tagged him pretty good, but Lewis' tires were absolutely gone, and he had no chance to keep the Williams behind him. Those types of decisions are what win championships. Could have backed off and scored critical points, but now he comes away with nothing, reminiscent of 2010 where he blew the title with silly aggression.

However, the guy that I'm really impressed with is Roman Grosjean. I'm starting to think this guy is going to be one of the top drivers in Formula 1 soon. His start was amazing and he really fought well to get to 2nd. Only miscue I guess was when Alsonso passed him, but Fernado was on fire at that point and I really can't blame Grosjean. I'm very interested in seeing how Grosjean finishes the year. I expect a win at some point.

And Alonso was just ridiculous yesterday. I made this point before, and I'll make it again: this year it comes down to the drivers, pure and simple. Anyone who thinks otherwise just needs to watch back the race from yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back