2012 Formula One Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I've been practicing for a race I have on the Grand Prix Circuit this Sunday. The track's not bad with a variety of unique corners and very challenging ones. My only criticism is that the track doesn't flow. You spend too much time waiting to get on the power, but it's still fun to put it on the edge.

I'm having difficulties with turns 1-3 trying to get the best exit, turns 6-8 for being blind, and turns 9 and 10 for having a downhill braking zone while turning.

So three races and three different winners but there are still four world champions and Mark Webber out there. This year we can see very tight battle for the tittle with lots of different race winners :)
Once they get back to Europe i expect a big push in development especially from Red Bull. I also expect a massive push from Webber to win some races! I want to see him win the WDC and so does Australia!

That last layout might just be one of the most boring layouts i´ve seen :)
Really? I think it would be quite an interesting departure. The high average speed compared to the GP circuit would necessitate a low downforce configuration, which would make the turn 5/6/7/8 complex very fun to watch. Without DRS, we could also see some interesting slipstream battles on the straights...

Really? I think it would be quite an interesting departure. The high average speed compared to the GP circuit would necessitate a low downforce configuration, which would make the turn 5/6/7/8 complex very fun to watch. Without DRS, we could also see some interesting slipstream battles on the straights...
Oh yeah but considering it's lenght we can see like 100 laps :D

I think I like the current layout better than anything else...but I really hated the 2010 track.

I think that's probably because I played F1 2010 though more than anything, it was just an awkward slow series of corners with only one chance to over take, but lots of odd cambers and chances to really mess up badly. (if you can hold the outside of 9+11 you can force another car to yield at 12, provided you don't run yourself wide at 10, 11, or 12.) That part of the track just seems needlessly tedious to me.

I also have to agree with Michael Brown and Rhys Gardiner, the outside layout looks pretty good. Personally I'd like at least one more corner in there somewhere though, maybe make turns 8+9 (of the outside ring) more of a multi apex/difficult corner.

I'm not complaining about Monza, it's lovely. I just don't get why people are dissing this track as all its corners provide a challenge.

See it as me rather building up this circuit rather than breaking down Monza and Singapore. In my opinion it's no worse than either.
I think you are miss-understanding me. I praised the circuit that F1 runs on.

It was the 80% straights 20% corner layout that was crap.

The reason I like the Outer Circuit is because it's fast. I don't see any overtaking going on at the top, but it's a medium to low downforce circuit that flows better than either circuit F1 used in the past.

Despite Monza and old Hockenheim having so many straights and few corners they were still memorable for the low downforce needed, and some memorable corners. Monza has Ascari and Parabolica, and Hockenheim has the stadium section. I wouldn't call them boring because they still have some challenging corners.

I like the challenge Bahrain gives, but the track lacks flow.

Well my bet is the Q lap times will be equal to 2009. Yep today there are KERS and DRS but don't forget that the front tyres were a bit wider then. Race lap times will be slower cause they were allowed to refuel in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back