2011 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was always like that, in fact I find him way more relaxed and nice now than how he was in 2007. Then he was a diva that didn't even respect gentleman agreements with the teammate, went to the press to critizise him, was playing dirty on the back and then going to cry to a press that of course was willing to believe in everything he said, etc.

The problem is before there was only one victim, Alonso. Now that is evident that he's the one having problems with everybody, while the other is elected by the other drivers as "best F1 driver" year after year, all of a sudden everybody discovered Lewis Hamilton character :rolleyes:

But I like his attitude on track, I like the risks he take, but there is place for only one Hamilton in grid or all races would end with 5 cars on track.

Look at this:

This is as agressive as what he did this year, but just end well.

At Monza Vettel made a pass on the grass, and at spa Webber made a crazy move on Alonso, If they had gone wrong would we be having this debate about those? Why are we not having this debate about Schumacher trying to ride over the top of Perez, or Senna misjudging the first corner at spa? I'll tell you why, because they were mistakes. Lewis may seem to have made a few, but there are others who have made just as many. I see people are pretty quick to forget that Maldonado tried to ram Lewis off the road.

The reason Lewis has been highlighted, because he attacks more than the others. The others are happy to wait until the DRS zone for an easy overtake. Is that really making F1 more exciting or more robotic? The incident between Massa and Hamilton was a racing incident. Massa was a lot slower and Hamilton tried to tuck in behind him. I am pretty sure he didn't do it on purpose unless he enjoys pitting for a new front wing. Massa was hard done by as he didn't do anything wrong, that's true. Unfortunately that's life, I am pretty sure Massa will ruin somebody else's race in the future with a mistake. But I doubt the other person will make such a big deal about it.

its pretty simple really, Hamilton just hasn't got his head around the car this year. Either that or he just cant be smooth enough to control the tyre wear like Jenson can. So i think hes over driving the car, pretty much every GP, he sticks on some new tyres and straight away hes setting fastest sectors, when everyone else is doing consistent laps hes taking the edge off his tyres. from there on in his stint hes struggling and over driving.
Lewis is a racer. but because hes over driving his car hes making mistakes. F1 needs there drivers to take risks, or whats the point of being there? To all follow the Newey masterpiece around the track?
like Senna once said "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver"

Xose comented on Senna's championship win of 1990, with the way he was treated in 89 by F1, after finishing off prost i would have got in the maclaren T car and gone after Balestre aswell.

Im a fan of racing drivers, Hamilton, Alonso, Webber, Button, Kobayashi, i want to see racing, even if its for second in the race/championship

He was always like that, in fact I find him way more relaxed and nice now than how he was in 2007. Then he was a diva that didn't even respect gentleman agreements with the teammate, went to the press to critizise him, was playing dirty on the back and then going to cry to a press that of course was willing to believe in everything he said, etc.

The problem is before there was only one victim, Alonso. Now that is evident that he's the one having problems with everybody, while the other is elected by the other drivers as "best F1 driver" year after year, all of a sudden everybody discovered Lewis Hamilton character :rolleyes:

But I like his attitude on track, I like the risks he take, but there is place for only one Hamilton in grid or all races would end with 5 cars on track.

Look at this:

What gentleman's agreement?
And how the hell was Alonso a 'victim' that season? He did anything he could to screw Hamilton over that year. Watch the Hungary 2007 qualifying.

Hamilton was just better than Alonso that year. Alonso can't cope with his team mate being better than him.

And how the hell was Alonso a 'victim' that season? He did anything he could to screw Hamilton over that year. Watch the Hungary 2007 qualifying.

Hamilton was just better than Alonso that year. Alonso can't cope with his team mate being better than him.
I won't go and argue about who was the better driver that year but I will say this. Alonso seems to be awefully affected if his team mate is equaly fast or just a bit faster then him.

In fact the Hungary qualifying is exactly what I'm talking about. You have the opposite impresion is because you've only heard one part of the history in UK.

They had an internal agreement that season in qualifyings, because at that time one of the drivers had time to do 3 hotlap attempts while the other one could do only 2.

Hamilton and Alonso were doing it for turns, I mean, in one GP was Alonso having 3 hotlaps, and in the next one was Hamilton... until Hungary, when Hamilton overtook Alonso in the outlap to be him the one with 3 attempts again (like in the previous GP) and that was the reason why Alonso blocked him later in the pitlane. Hamilton broke their agreement in a very dirty way.

They say what happened at the begining of the video, but they don't explain why the team was asking Hamilton to let Fernando pass, making it look like if it was a nr1 and nr2 issue, when was in fact what I explained before.

Of course the British press (and therefore most of European that just pick news from it) never had interest on listening to Alonso's version, but it's very easy to check it like Spanish TV did many times and corroborate that this is true.

Here is when all it started, and certainly wasn't Alonso to blame :rolleyes:

I won't go and argue about who was the better driver that year but I will say this. Alonso seems to be awefully affected if his team mate is equaly fast or just a bit faster then him.

No, he was affected by his teammate breaking internal team agreements because being a diva and thinking he's the king of universe :redface:

Alonso never had problems with a teammate before and never had later, all that history is pure British media BS to be honest.

Lool Xosé, this is your best against Lewis?

We want more of that! Fantastic overtake!

Wasn't "against" him, is just the proof that is not Lewis became too agressive this season, he was always like that, the only change is that he had more luck in the past and things used to end well.

Now everything he tries uses to end very bad, is like the strikers in football, they have periods where every ball they kick goes into the goal and periods where they can't score in the rainbow... Lewis is the same Lewis but is just in a bad luck period.

In fact the Hungary qualifying is exactly what I'm talking about. You have the opposite impresion is because you've only heard one part of the history in UK.

They had an internal agreement that season in qualifyings, because at that time one of the drivers had time to do 3 hotlap attempts while the other one could do only 2.

Hamilton and Alonso were doing it for turns, I mean, in one GP was Alonso having 3 hotlaps, and in the next one was Hamilton... until Hungary, when Hamilton overtook Alonso in the outlap to be him the one with 3 attempts again (like in the previous GP) and that was the reason why Alonso blocked him later in the pitlane. Hamilton broke their agreement in a very dirty way.

Of course the British press (and therefore most of European that just pick news from it) never had interest on listening to Alonso's version, but it's very easy to check it like Spanish TV did many times and corroborate that this is true.

Here is when all it started, and certainly wasn't Alonso to blame :rolleyes:

No, he was affected by his teammate breaking internal team agreements because being a diva and thinking he's the king of universe :redface:

Alonso never had problems with a teammate before and never had later, all that history is pure British media BS to be honest.

Wasn't "against" him, is just the proof that is not Lewis became too agressive this season, he was always like that, the only change is that he had more luck in the past and things used to end well.

Now everything he tries uses to end very bad, is like the strikers in football, they have periods where every ball they kick goes into the goal and periods where they can't score in the rainbow... Lewis is the same Lewis but is just in a bad luck period.

You're telling me, in the age of the internet, where nothing is a secret, a whole country didn't hear of this 'Gentlemen Agreement'???

nah.. sorry, dont buy that somehow!?!?!

Absolutely, as was explained by Alonso on Spanish TV in previous GPs, when the ambience was good and much earlier than this happened.

If you check the qualifyings you will notice they were doing 2 -3 / 3 - 2 / 2 - 3 / 3 -2 ... except in some tracks that were too long and both of them could do 2.

But the problem is not that you can't know, or the British media don't know, is they don't want to know :rolleyes:. I'm sure it was mentioned, that you can read it around, but was not considered relevant and was not published by the mass media in UK. I is mentioned in the Spanish version of F1 Racing Magazine for instance :rolleyes:

You have a similar example last year in Germany. For anybody following F1 for years is very well known that there were, there are, and there will be team orders, despite if they are legal or not, if they are hidden under secret messages like "save fuel" or "go visit your uncle"... they exist, but when it's convenient you never mention them (McLaren Germany 2008 or Hungary 2010) and when it is you make a big deal from them (Ferrari Germany 2010).

Absolutely, as was explained by Alonso on Spanish TV in previous GPs, when the ambience was good and much earlier than this happened

Sounds like the Spanish press doing exactly what you claim the British press have done to me, but il agree with you each countries media is going to put their own spin on it.

despite this, Alonso and hamilton are my favourite drives, for me the whole situation was a bit like what happens when the irresistable force meets the immovable object? was always not going to end well..

and i know there has been criticism aimed at Alonso for not dealing with fast team mates, but you could equally argue the same of Hamilton this year.. and to a certain extent Vettel last year (i know he won the WDC but god it was made hard!) struggled last year when Webber gave him a run for his money as the Red Bull was just as fast last year as this compare d to other cars..

I hope he keeps being the same that's what make me support any driver, take risks to get the best place, not just carry on!

Even if he don't win or get the best place because he risk to much! Villeneuve never win an championship, but who's Jody Scheckter?

I don't think he will change that, it's in his DNA.

I like to have a driver who trie and tries and tries to pass even if he's receiving a lot of critics.

What I don't like is in general public doesn't seem to analyze F1 deeply, a lot of the ones that were celebrating his awesome overtakes in the past are now criticizing him very hard for making mistakes, when the two things come together. Unless he's from other planet, and I see him very human, he will make more overtakes than any other and he will crash more than any other, but probably less than what any other will crash trying to do the same, as he has special talent for overtake.

In fact I started to like him when, with time, I realized why he acted like that in 2007 and started to understand the human under the helmet. He's a pure racer, he wants to win not in the overall, but in every situation, in every GP, in every second. If he's 8th and needs to be 9th to win the championship but has a possibility to be 7th he will probably go for it. Maybe he crashes and we all say "what a stupid mistake" but that is what it makes him Lewis Hamilton. He will also act like an idiot with other people because of that but I learned to tolerate it :tongue:

So I see no big change on him, maybe the FIA acting like a football referee in every race with this "CAUSING COLLISION" things make his mistakes more evident, but IMHO this kind of penalties should be only applied in cases of imprudence or bad behavior, but not in case of driving mistakes or slight distance misjudgments that end up with a broken wing and a flat tire.

Sounds like the Spanish press doing exactly what you claim the British press have done to me, but il agree with you each countries media is going to put their own spin on it.

Well as I said Alonso explained it in the previous GPs at 2007, not during the conflict. It was sincere as at that moment never happened, was just a question the TV commentator made about why they were alternating their number of laps.

But I agree that they were never going to be OK in the same team. McLaren had to choose and I understand that if I have a young British guy that I raised in my British team with the dream of becoming WDC, and a foreign 2 times champion, I would do the same.

I like to have a driver who trie and tries and tries to pass even if he's receiving a lot of critics.

What I don't like is in general public doesn't seem to analyze F1 deeply, a lot of the ones that were celebrating his awesome overtakes in the past are now criticizing him very hard for making mistakes, when the two things come together. Unless he's from other planet, and I see him very human, he will make more overtakes than any other and he will crash more than any other, but probably less than what any other will crash trying to do the same, as he has special talent for overtake.

In fact I started to like him when, with time, I realized why he acted like that in 2007 and started to understand the human under the helmet. He's a pure racer, he wants to win not in the overall, but in every situation, in every GP, in every second. If he's 8th and needs to be 9th to win the championship but has a possibility to be 7th he will probably go for it. Maybe he crashes and we all say "what a stupid mistake" but that is what it makes him Lewis Hamilton. He will also act like an idiot with other people because of that but I learned to tolerate it :tongue:

So I see no big change on him, maybe the FIA acting like a football referee in every race with this "CAUSING COLLISION" things make his mistakes more evident, but IMHO this kind of penalties should be only applied in cases of imprudence or bad behavior, but not in case of driving mistakes or slight distance misjudgments that end up with a broken wing and a flat tire.

completely agree with you friend, couldn't have put it better myself.. :D

I almost fell off my chair! But totally agree with you.

lets just hope vettel will loose his next race! i'm so bored to look at his pathetic winnings because i still strongly believe that vettel's car engineer is a real and deserved winner. :)

Both the car and Vettel is needed for those wins. Look at Webber, and he's not a bad driver either! Vettel this year is simply totally in one piece! Only mistake I can recall he did this year was a spin at the Nurburgring. (in wet conditions, lol)

At Monza Vettel made a pass on the grass, and at spa Webber made a crazy move on Alonso, If they had gone wrong would we be having this debate about those? Why are we not having this debate about Schumacher trying to ride over the top of Perez, or Senna misjudging the first corner at spa? I'll tell you why, because they were mistakes. Lewis may seem to have made a few, but there are others who have made just as many. I see people are pretty quick to forget that Maldonado tried to ram Lewis off the road.

You are listing three other drivers, and three situations. Had there been one driver and 10 situations in 14 races, I would've agreed. The problem is that Lewis doesn't make one mistake, or one controversial thing, not two either, but he, together with McLaren (not counting Button) has been in 15 situations where he has been penalized, crashed with another driver and/or broken rules this season. That is more than one for each race. 15 situations in 14 races. This is the reason why he is been highlighted. It is just way too much.

Thats a fair point Ole.

3 Incidents in 3 events in TPS here is removal from series - Hamilton would have been removed 5 times already, or more likely Permaban!

I think all in all he is frustrated as are many other drivers that its hard to fight The Finger, and the difference is - he is letting his desperation show.

I think we should just ignore Vettel for the rest of the season, and watch the fight for P2 in the championship :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes