1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2011 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Scott Webber, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

This Weekend F1 Moves to the wonderful place of Singapore,Racing on a night track has never felt so good, what are your thoughts about this race?

2. Drama at Singapore GP...FP1 delayed 30 mins for 3 track repairs. Not ideal start. Watch it unfold live now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And FP2 will also be delayed by 30 mins as 31.5 of the sporting regs means there cannot be less than two hours between the sessions

KERB at Turn 14 Has now been removed

[​IMG]

3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I just switched on and wondered what was going on.
    Was it in relation to a crash?

I just saw that kerbs and turns 3 & 14 are being removed and cars are allowed to cross the white lines at these turns.

4. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

I don't know what happened but I'm guessing that 'Charlie' wasn't happy with the curbs.
    And New sport Photographars Combat!!!!!!

5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I wonder what caused them to notice the kerbs?
    I can see their point though. Cars could easily lose grip on those kerbs going at speed.
    Next stop, in the wall!

6. There was a Crash last night involving a Porsche, so repairs had to be made.... they we're also unsafe to race over.... hence them being Removed.

7. Red Flag on FP1

Mark Webber Clips Timo Glock - Timo Glock is left with a Puncture, Mark Webber has front wing replaced.

Heikki's Front Tyres caught on Fire!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. FP2 will start at the same time as normal :wink:

9. Is it just me or does the fire like to play some games on Heikki at Singapure because if I am not wrong his car was on fire last year too.

10. He just had bad luck, well Lotus does :(

i like the team alot i just with they had good fortune.

anyway FP2 and Buemi hit's the wall.

POINT OF IMPACT

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Yeah so far so good. as much as people dont like Alonso, i personally think he is a "street fighter" he can put up a good fight on street circuits under 3 different teams with different paces.

12. :cool:

[​IMG]

13. Holy crap Batman! omg is that Kobiyashi? wow he better not pull a flying Petrov during the race. Btw those Kerbstones look shiny clean ^^

14. Liuzzi seems to have forgotten he has a grid penalty, because he's still out there doing qualy laps.

15. He is going to be pushed back after the Q. :)
    He was allowed to run it. :)

16. Not saying he wasn't allowed to, just wondering why he would do qualifying laps if he's gonna start last regardless.

Anyway red flag in Q2 after Kobayashi jumped those same kerbs as last time but this time he went into the wall. Green flagged now.

17. I would like your feedback, do you guys enjoy these shots i take as the session happens? is it a nice feature to these threads or to much?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Yes these are nice Scott, thanks mate. Pooor Kobayashi :(

By the way why Anthony HAmilton is in Force India garage?

19. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yes I do! Especially to watch back later.

Nice jump in that Sauber btw :)

Now Q3, lets see if The Finger ​will be fastest again

20. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

He is the manager of Paul di Resta for some strange reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.