2010 V8 Supercars

Never was a fan of V8 racing but its changing. This vid is just amazing. Racing at its finest.

Saw it at iRacing forums. Couldnt resist nicking the link to share it with your guys.

I loved the whole of the 2 races, but that end is one of the best race finishes I've seen. Top play to the V8 guys for keeping it entertaining and not pushing each other into the scenery.

How do you mean you where never a fan of V8 racing? :D
The racing is always awesome.

Ever since I have been part of RD I appreciate motorsports of all kinds. I knew about V8s but couldnt get to follow or enjoy the races. iRacing has also helped in opening up my eyes to these beasts. Believe me if iRacing is as close it gets to these cars then I salute the drivers.

We dont have a channel here in UK showing the races, maybe thats why I have never followed this. Anyone in UK know of a way to watch the races live?

How do you mean you where never a fan of V8 racing? :D
The racing is always awesome.

Well in North America getting coverage sucks. Speed TV holds the rights, and to use this year's Bathurst as an example, we got a 2hr recap a week after the event. With the exception of F1, cars that turn right do not get a fair shake on that channel.

It was actually ORSM that got me into the sport (they should get a small commission! lol). I downloaded the full Bathurst last year just after the race just to check it out, and the best word to describe my reaction is gobsmacked. Simply amazing series. I then proceeded to download every Bathurst I could find from 94 'til now lol. I am completely hooked on it. I have even convinced my wife that we need to take an Aussie vacation in October sometime soon, hopefully 2011 :D

Keep your NZ bias under wraps :p

Not NZ bias, I'm a Ford Fan! and a Jamie Fan so it's doesn't come into it. Listen to the commentary again, even they saw it as an issue that will need to be sorted after the race. And.... the lap before when the roles where reversed, and Shane ran through the chicane, he lost not gained, and again the commentators said the same. It makes no difference how many times Jamie tried to turn in to the chicane, he didn't have track position, and therefore must (by the rules run in this class and every other that I have ever heard) allow the driver with track position to go first. So, the made solid contact and both cut the chicane, which again means you can not take a position due to a track cut. Which means that Shane was ahead going in and therefore he should be ahead after the event...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back