2010 V8 Supercars

Not NZ bias, I'm a Ford Fan! and a Jamie Fan so it's doesn't come into it. Listen to the commentary again, even they saw it as an issue that will need to be sorted after the race. And.... the lap before when the roles where reversed, and Shane ran through the chicane, he lost not gained, and again the commentators said the same. It makes no difference how many times Jamie tried to turn in to the chicane, he didn't have track position, and therefore must (by the rules run in this class and every other that I have ever heard) allow the driver with track position to go first. So, the made solid contact and both cut the chicane, which again means you can not take a position due to a track cut. Which means that Shane was ahead going in and therefore he should be ahead after the event...

Yep! pretty much how i saw it to, as a kiwi living in oz you could also call me biased, however i was fortunate enough to be in the cheap seats in one the hotels overlooking the end of the main straight about 30 meters away from the crime scene, it looked like a robbery in progress to me:tongue:.
Also couldn't help notice the sheepish guilty look Jamie had on his face during prize giving:).

I feel a need to comment, and up front, I'm not biased to either driver (although I'll admit a slight leaning to Lowndesy).
When watching the finish live, I initially thought similarly that Shane VG may have been dudded in the chicane. However, looking at the replay more closely, Whincup seemed to have the overlap heading into the chicane, at the point where they should have been starting to brake. Clearly some very late braking was now happening and the only reason Shane VG had the overlap into the chicane was because he left his braking even later. Unfortunately, he left it so late, he was unable to take the chicane and went through it. Whincup at least was attempting to turn into the chicane but couldn't due to SVG. Could Whincup have made it, we'll never know, but he at least looked to have had a good chance. Clearly, SVG had no chance.
Therefore, to me, it is understandable that Stewards took no action against either driver or alter the result. I also didn't hear any complaint from SVG, so I suspect he accepted that he gave it a red hot go and didn't quite pull it off at that chicane.
I doubt that racing rules would allow drivers to claim overlap (and therefore track position ) by simply dive bombing a turn through over-late braking, that would end in chaos.
BTW, the main reason SVG got alongside JW down that straight was a result of pushing JW (from behind) off line during the exit from the previous turn, a little naughty I'd say.
Just my take on it.

A genius one - one of the best drives I've ever seen. That many laps at that pace was just incredible.

I think Skaife said it the best in the pitlane afterwards when he said "that was a Brock drive". For anyone but Lowndes that may have had a sour note, but as it was on that day after that drive, perfect.

There is a guy from Oz on Youtube who uploads the full races a few days after the event. They are in HD too most of the time. He put up the FULL Bathurst coverage in 3 parts a few weeks ago.:D Just search for V8 supercars and look for the longest 1 hour + vids to find and subscribe to him.

There is a guy from Oz on Youtube who uploads the full races a few days after the event. They are in HD too most of the time. He put up the FULL Bathurst coverage in 3 parts a few weeks ago.:D Just search for V8 supercars and look for the longest 1 hour + vids to find and subscribe to him.

Yeah, it's lukeyson81 or something like that. Still only halfway through the Bathurst coverage :(

this week-end was the final round of the V8 Supercars season and what a week-end it has been. Race one, all the ingredients for a very exciting race was there, the top 3 championship contenders locked at the front of grid. the race started on dry condition but about mid race the weather decided to play a part in the championship and it start to rain slightly making the it hard for the drivers to go around the track on slick tyres but they all had to go to lap 49 so they would make it till the end of the race without stopping again. at lap 60 the race was restarted after a safety car was deployed and it was Whincup followed by Winterbottom and little bit further back Courtney, under a very damp track Winterbottom pulled out a pass on Whincup to take the lead and at the same time putting Courtney right on the rear bumper of Whincup and allowing Courtney to pull along side for turn 5 when all hell broke loose. Winterbottom followed by Courtney and Whincup all end up in the same wall breaking the front right wheel on all 3 cars.

they all made it back to the pit where another race started, the race to get the car fix and exit the pits before the end of the race to grab a few points. the race was won by the Jim Beam team allowing Courtney to grab the extra points.

Race 2 was all about Courtney bringing the car home inside the the top 22 finisher no matter where Whincup was finishing. Courtney almost lost the tittle in several occassions during the race due firstly to the fact that he qualified in row 6 putting him right in the middle of the pack due to a poor start. at his first pit stop the team had problem with the right rear wheel and they had to put back on the wheel they just took off, there were big concerne with that wheel for the next stop as i might not want to come out but all went well and they could change the wheel with no problem under a safety car. then came some minor hit and the team was concerned that he might got a technical black flag but it also turned out well for Courtney. another scary moment was when Winterbottom blew up his engine at T1 leaving oil on the track but once again Courtney avoided the disaster. at the end of the day Courtney took the tittle by 63 points over Whincup.

Well done James Courtney :doublethumb:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years