2010 British Touring Car Championship

News hot out in the last few days has seen the first drawings of the new BTCC NGTC proto car the Toyota Avensis, here is what the press found out!

"These artist’s impressions, rendered from the actual vehicle currently being built, show what a great looking car the new regulations will produce," said series director Alan Gow.

The first prototype is currently being constructed by GPR Motorsport and is going to undergo a test program with experienced racer James Thompson.

The new car is going to make its first public appearance during the final BTCC race of the year at Brands Hatch.

"I’ve no doubt that a lot of people will be very impressed when they see the actual car at Brands Hatch," said Gow.

The NGTC rules are set for introduction in BTCC 2011.

And here is the picture you are all waiting for of this stunning looking car!!!
btcc10090901.jpg

yes its a side exit exhaust and i bet it has a stupid defuser at the back to take BTCC away from what its best at which is keeping the cars pretty close to the cars that come out of the factory

Rob displqaying his love for BTCC changes as usual lol, keep an open mind dude we dont no nothing yet. Im hoping the old noise will come back into play and they sound like tourers should sound.

This Weekend is the grand finale of the 2010 BTCC and Jason Plato has a 17 point lead over Matt Neal going into the final 3 races.

Tommorow a first for the BTCC will happen having the NGTC Prototype having a few laps going round and also qualifying will be showed on the ITC BTCC website at www.itv.com/touringcars

So whos your pick for the 2010 title and what do you think will happen in these final 3 exciting races, be sure to watch out on monday if you cant watch it on Sunday as I will be posting a fulll report of it

st_6316_3623.jpg

My Money is on Plato :), have followed his career for years, loadsa talent, cool head and even if he was 17 points behind instead of infront, he'd be my bet for the champ! Look forward to the races and seeing your report Dan :cool:

Go Plato! :)

Still missing Turkington. Loved the way how he fought his way alone to the championship at Brands last year. Vauxhall and Chevys tried to block him as much as possible with all cars but he made it. Hopefully we'll see something as exciting this Sunday. :)

My money is on Shedden or Onslow Cole because Plato will just turn it into banger racing with Matt Neal so he will once again lose the title for the 5th year in a row

Plato has got to be favorite, but i predict a clash with Matt Neal in one of the three races just to open some old wounds. I'll be in the paddock hill grandstand on Sunday hoping Sheddon has a good weekend. Its going to be a fantastic finale to the season.

So Here is the first report of the weekend

Everyone was anticipating the BTCC 2010 Finale and the firm fav has to be Jason Plato

Coming into Qually with max ballast Jason Plato was fasest in both practise sessions beating the lap record with a little margin. So he was the favourite coming into qually

And it was no dissapointment. Jason took fastest lap on his 18th lap beating Matt Neal by over a tenth. 3rd was Gordon Shedden with a great effort but TOC didnt have a good qually atall ending up in 10th.

He will have his work cut out tommorow but for Plato it is exactly what he wanted. Sam Tordoff in his first outing came in a brilliant qually finishing ahead of his team mate James Nash on his debut.

Watch out for racely reports after all every race so catch up here to find out more btcc10100904.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back