2009 Swedish Touring Car Championship

• Andreas Ronnback

He´s saying... Totaly f..king amazing.

Jeezuz christ......
I have tears in my eyes.

• Wido Rossen

STCC: Volkswagen to reveal 2009 programme

Volkswagen Sweden and the Energy-company E.ON will have a press conference on tuesday next week regarding the Swedish Touring Car Championship 2009.
A recent press release states that E.ON and Volkswagen will start a programme for STCC 2009 with a clear environmental profile.

The speculations on what the press conference will reveal are running hot. As we previously have reported STCC-veteran Tobias Johansson has been strongly linked with this project.

The ambition for the programme, according to our information, has been to launch two LPG-powered Volkswagen Scirroco's in the STCC 2009. But according to our most recent information the project could have hit problems in getting the Sciroccos ready in time.

This could instead mean that Tobias Johansson and the other yet to be named driver could start the season with a pair of SEAT Léons.

Stay tuned for more information!

( Source Touringcar Times )

Goransson to West Coast Racing, Ekblom to VW:

STCC: Ekblom and Olsson to Volkswagen? Fredrik Ekblom and Patrik Olsson will most likely be the drivers for the new Volkswagen-programme of the Swedish Touring Car Championship 2009, according to the Swedish motor magazine Auto Motor Sport. It was announced earlier today that Ekblom leaves the BMW-team WestCoast Racing and he will be replaced by reigning champion Richard Göransson.

Brovallen Motorsport, led by Tobias Johansson, is reported to be building the two Volkswagen-cars for STCC. The model will most likely be the Scirocco, as we previously have reported, and it will run on the more environmentally friendly LPG-fuel.

The Swedish energy company E-ON is the main contributor for the project and is reported to be the major force for introducing LPG in STCC.

Stay tuned for more news on the subject!
By TouringCarTimes

VW :clap:

Attachments

• biogas-scirocco2-stcc-121608.jpg
    biogas-scirocco2-stcc-121608.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 303
  • biogas-scirocco-stcc-121608.png
    biogas-scirocco-stcc-121608.png
    144 KB · Views: 314
  • Andreas Ronnback

I think its great that they will join stcc with this car.... even if its not a saab... =)

• Wido Rossen

James Thopmson is talks with Honda Sweden for 2009 drive

James Thompson has confirmed that he is in talks with Honda Sweden regarding a drive in the Swedish Touring Car Championship 2009. The Honda-team, run by Tomas Engström, is the last remaining available top seat in STCC 2009.
"Engstrom called me, he runs the Hondas. I haven't had an offer, I haven't decided anything," Thompson told Autosport.

Since N-Technology released Thompson the Brit has been linked to many different teams in WTCC and BTCC. But apparently things are looking a bit grim and Thompson is considering sitting out the 2009 season.

"It's very disappointing to have your contract terminated in the last week in December, and I've made no progress since then. I'd be tempted if someone called me and offered me a drive in a good car in a good championship, but nothing yet. Maybe I'll just stay at home. That's better than going with a bad team, because racing for the sake of it is not good - you'll never win anything that way," Thompson.

While the STCC could be an option for the Brit, he is also considering doing selected GT-races. But the STCC calendar clashes with many international races.

"If you do Sweden, then the dates clash with most other important things so you can only really do Sweden."

"GT racing is a possibility, it would be good to see if anyone's interested. It's a totally different ballpark though. I don't really have a priority on where I race this year, I just want to be competitive. You can count yourself lucky if you get paid to go racing. I've been speaking to everyone I can think of."

( source Touringcar Times )

Oh my god!!!

stcc09032603.jpg

The Swedish Touring Car Championship Volkswagen team was pleased with the first outing despite some engine electronics problems.
"We got answer to the questions we had. The conditions were not optimal with all the rain, but we made sure that brakes, suspension and the engine worked," said team boss Tobias Johansson to STCC.se.
Source: www.touringcartimes.com

STCC Cars video

Here is a video of most of the 2009 STCC cars. Credit for the video goes to TouringCarTimes.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQEQL2N9d7o&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

In the 2009 season the raceday is saturday and it´s in WTCC format , 2 races no pitstops.
It was live on a tvchannel here in sweden called viasatmotor thay are broadcasting the whole serie live.

some pics of ww in Mantorp last weekend

Attachments

• olsson_patrik_0109mf01[1].jpg
    olsson_patrik_0109mf01[1].jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 288
  • ekblom_fredrik_0109me001[1].jpg
    ekblom_fredrik_0109me001[1].jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 285
  • olsson_patrik_0109tw182[1].jpg
    olsson_patrik_0109tw182[1].jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 301
It had a nice sound the Scirocco :)Very "blurry" sound if that even is an expression... Boring livery though but you can't have it all :D Hope they get up to speed quickly, Ekblom weren't that much of the pace.

STCC-Final 26/09-09

Great saturday at Mantorp and some good racing :):)

Attachments

• 100_0126.jpg
    100_0126.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_0154.jpg
    100_0154.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 293
  • 100B0180.jpg
    100B0180.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_0131.jpg
    100_0131.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_0128.jpg
    100_0128.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 281
STCC + DTC = STCC

Yes you might be confused but its actually rather simple. The two series have joined forces to make one big series called Scandinavian Touring Car Championship, this can only be a good thing and will surely have pretty huge grid numbers because STCC and DTC havent been short on cars this year at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back