2008 World Touring Car Championship

• Erik Åhlen

Nice race! Shame about Chevrolet, but I guess they (the drivers) can only blame themself

oh, and Gené took the "public server in Race 07 route through the first corner". Looks like he gained time on it too. Quite realistic game :)

What a race !! Too bad for the Chevy's, seems they aren't in the right rhytm yet :) Or at least the driver's aren't :)

Great driving by PY Corthals ! 1st place in the independants ! :)

Can't wait for Race 2 :)

Hmm new rule? First 9 of race 1 gets reversed grid for Race 2? Seems like Tommie Coronel (P9 in Race 1) is on pole for Race 2?

Edit: Or is it that someone won't start in Race 2, who finished in the first 8 in race 1?

lol :) and indeed... Tommie finished 9th, starting from pole !

Tarquini has won the 2nd race in Curitiba in his Seat, finishing just in front of reigning World Champion Andy Priaulx and Tiago Monteiro from respectivly BMW Team UK and BMW Team Schnitzer.

• Wido Rossen

Damm those tdi are realy fast at the straights.
To bad Tom could not benefit from his pole.
Great race from Tielemans.
He realy handled that beemer well.

its was back an ecitting race. The seats rode very good and the BMW push mutch.
But can anybody tell me why PY Corthals started not on place 10? :frown:
And can anybody tell me also what is happend with him. Place 18:frown:

Tielemans drove very good, well done :)

Whats the stand in the independat throphy. Who lead it? Tielemans or Corthals

Go Pierre-Yves, Go Seat, Go Belgium:cool:

Baby RPM:biggrin:

EDIT: Thx robert, but for what a penalty? What have he done

Sven De Nys said:
Hmm new rule? First 9 of race 1 gets reversed grid for Race 2? Seems like Tommie Coronel (P9 in Race 1) is on pole for Race 2?

Edit: Or is it that someone won't start in Race 2, who finished in the first 8 in race 1?

Jordi Gene received a 30 sec penalty in Race 2 (probably for hitting Larini), so therefore Tom ended on P8 in Race 1. Not that much of a help, his TFSI petrol engine is nowhere against the TDI and the BMW's. So i don't expect that much of him for the first few races...

It will be a interesting season between the TDI and the BMW's. The TDI's are so quick (and silent :( ), but the BMW can brake later and is faster in the corners.

Can't wait till Puebla!

But hurray for Tielemans :D :D Really didn't expect him to win twice!

• Wido Rossen

Maurice Hurkmans said:
It will be a interesting season between the TDI and the BMW's. The TDI's are so quick (and silent :( ), but the BMW can brake later and is faster in the corners.

But what happends when the beemer` s switch to diesel.
It will not take that long before they will turn op on the grid.

The bloody commentator on eurosport (again) made i big mistake....James Thompson in a Nissan.........
men men men, learn your job ore find another occupasion.

bmw already admitted they have a race rady bmw 120 d in the garage and its already faster as the 320 si
the german comentary sayed they dont use it cuz of political things like they want to give all bmw teams the same material to race with
and to see what the reglemant will turn out
for sure if BMW come with the 120 d it will be from start verry competive

• Erik Åhlen

Farfus excluded from race 1, so Tielemans even got a point with him. lol!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.