5 S Nakano (Jpn) Honda 43:16.590
6 C Stoner (Aus) Ducati 43:19.647
7 L Capirossi (Ita) Suzuki 43:21.943
8 C Edwards (US) Yamaha 43:24.809
9 C Vermeulen (Aus) Suzuki 43:29.181
10 R de Puniet (Fra) Honda 43:31.523

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009

All news regarding the 2009 season in here please.

• Brad Johnson

Bring it on !!!!

I reckon Dovi shall do well this year, mind you he dnt do too bad this year (08), but i reckon he'll be on the podium more often thats for sure.

• Stuart Neal

how will Stoner take to the new bike after the surgery? Is the '09 calendar out yet?

• Stuart Neal

A mate who lived in Holland reckoned the Assen track is the best on the calendar.

Funny that ... a couple of Dutch blokes I know who are mad into their bikes and bike racing say Assen is the worst event, so they never go.
Gotta admit I was always tempted to go, but since I talked to them about it I have never quite been sure whether to or not, so I still haven't made it there.

250cc class will disappear in 2011

:(

FIM announce that 600cc four-stroke class will run limited engines and electronics with a prototype chassis.

The four-stroke competition set to replace the existing 250cc series in 2011 has been detailed by an official announcement from the FIM, setting out regulations for the new 600cc World Championship. Taking the name of Moto2, the new category is intended to be a prestigious yet cost-effective accompaniment to the MotoGP premier class.
Of the rules confirmed by the FIM this week, the shape of the class will be formed by those pertaining to the bikes´ engine. The 600cc, four-stroke motors will have a maximum speed of 16,000 rpm (for 4-cylinder engines, with 15,000 and 15,500 rpm limits for 2 and 3-cylinder engines, respectively). Adherence to these boundaries will be monitored and controlled by an electronic system, supplied by the FIM´s designated organiser.
Electronic systems themselves will be more limited than those currently permitted in 250cc, which has seen select factories bringing in traction control in recent years. Moto2 rules will allow for data loggers, ECU and timing transponders supplied by the organiser, with a maximum total cost of the ECU´s components set at 650 euros (75,000 yen). No other electronic control, nor datalogging systems, will be present on the bikes.
Moto2 will use standard options in terms of engine and electronics, but will continue the 250cc series´ pursuit of developmental excellence with the running of a prototype chassis -free from limitation. No production bike parts will be permitted for the frame, swing arm, fuel tank, seat and cowling, meaning that these aspects of the machine will also be left to the manufacturer and designers´ discretion.
Carbon brakes like those used in MotoGP will not be a part of the 600cc class, part of the cost-reducing philosophy of the new series. A list from the FIM, detailing outlawed `non-conventional´ materials and manufacturing methods, will be issued in the future, although in most cases a standard of iron-based and aluminium alloys has been put in place.
Moto2 machines will be limited to one per rider, with a maximum of two complete engines. Those engines used in any given race will be available for purchase by rival competitors, for the fixed price of €20,000, in the hour following a Moto2 Grand Prix.
The complete list of Moto2 technical specifications can be found on the FIM website

Source: motoGP.com

• Wido Rossen

This goes at the cost of the ss600 class.
I dont like it at all.:pissed-off:

• Brad Johnson

Its rediculas IMO.

Like what do they think World Super Sport is ? Thats 600cc, whats the point in having another 600cc class.

They should of stuck to the inital idea 2 years ago of a 450 2 cylinder. Lets face it, they is only Honda who have shown interest in this now newly named "Moto 2", its just going to be like a single make series by the looks of it.

• Wido Rossen

provisional entry list 2009

2009 125cc class FIM provisional rider entry list:

5. ALEXIS MASBOU, LONCIN RACING
7. DOMINIQUE AEGERTER, AJO INTERWETTEN
8. LORENZO ZANETTI, WWC
11. SANDRO CORTESE, AJO INTERWETTEN
12. ESTEVE RABAT, BLUSENS APRILIA
16. CAMERON BEAUBIER, RED BULL KTM 125
17. STEFAN BRADL, KIEFER RACING
18. NICOLAS TEROL, JACK & JONES PONS WRB
24. SIMONE CORSI, JACK & JONES PONS WRB
27. STEFANO BIANCO, CBC CORSE
29. ANDREA IANNONE, WWC
30. PERE TUTUSAUS, MATTEONI RACING
32. LORENZO SAVADORI,FONTANA RACING
33. SERGIO GADEA, BANCAJA ASPAR TEAM 125cc
34. RANDY KRUMMENACHER, DEGRAAF GRAND PRIX
38. BRADLEY SMITH, BANCAJA ASPAR TEAM 125cc
44. POL ESPARGARO, BELSON DERBI
45. SCOTT REDDING, BLUSENS APRILIA
60. JULIAN SIMON, BANCAJA ASPAR TEAM 125cc
66. MATTHEW HOYLE, MAXTRA TEAM
71. TOMOYOSHI KOYAMA, LONCIN RACING
72. MARCO RAVAIOLI, CBC CORSE
73. TAKAAKI NAKAGAMI, WWC
81. JASPER IWEMA, KIEFER RACING
88. MICHAEL RANSEDER, MAXTRA TEAM
93. MARC MARQUEZ, RED BULL KTM 125
94. JONAS FOLGER, WWC
99. DANNY WEBB, DEGRAAF GRAND PRIX
TBC. xx, BELSON DERBI

2009 250cc class FIM provisional rider entry list:

4. HIROSHI AOYAMA, SCOT RACING TEAM 250cc
7. AXEL PONS, PEPE WORLD PONS WRB
8. BASTIEN CHESAUX, RACING TEAM GERMANY
9. TONI WIRSING, RACING TEAM GERMANY
10. IMRE TOTH, TEAM TOTH APRILIA
12. THOMAS LUTHI, EMMI - CAFFE LATTE
14. RATTHAPARK WILAIROT, THAI HONDA PTT SAG
15. ROBERTO LOCATELLI, METIS GILERA
16. JULES CLUZEL, MATTEONI RACING
17. KAREL ABRAHAM, CARDION AB MOTORACING
19. ALVARO BAUTISTA, MAPFRE ASPAR TEAM
21. HECTOR BARBERA, PEPE WORLD PONS WRB
25. ALEX BALDOLINI, WTR SAN MARINO TEAM
28. GABOR TALMACSI, BALATON RACING TEAM 250cc
35. RAFFAELE DE ROSA, SCOT RACING TEAM 250cc
41. ALEIX ESPARGARO, CAMPETELLA RACING
48. SHOYA TOMIZAWA, TEAM CIP
51. STEVIE BONSEY, APRILIA MADRID
52. LUKAS PESEK, AUTO KELLY - CP
58. MARCO SIMONCELLI, METIS GILERA
63. MIKE DI MEGLIO, MAPFRE ASPAR TEAM 250cc
75. MATTIA PASINI, TEAM TOTH APRILIA

2009 Moto GP class FIM provisional rider entry list:

See post below.

Kawasaki quit MotoGP?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kawasaki look poised to announce a withdrawal from MotoGP with immediate effect over the next week.

According to several sources, Kawasaki are plotting an exit from the premier motorcycle class after just six seasons in the top flight, although it isn't immediately certain whether the global economic downturn or their poor results are the primary factor in the decision.

Indeed, while Kawasaki has shown flashes of speed over the years with Randy de Puniet, Shinya Nakano and Olivier Jacque all getting close to a victory with a second place finish apiece, the team is regularly considered to be the 'fifth' best manufacturer team.

Their issues were compounded in 2008 when the combination of John Hopkins and Anthony West managed a best of fifth place each, helping Kawasaki to ninth place in the ten-strong team championship, ahead of only the one-man LCR Honda Outfit.

Nonetheless, as a sign of how quickly this decision has come, preparations for 2009 were seemingly well underway, with Hopkins and new team-mate, Ducati exile Marco Melandri, out testing earlier this month in Australia.

However, despite the inclusion of a GP winner to their line-up, it seems Kawasaki will become another major name to scale back their involvement in motorsport, following on from Japanese counterparts Honda, Suzuki and Subaru.

Indeed, despite their limited success over the years, the loss of one of the most distinctive entrants is a major blow to the series, not least because it lowers the number of official MotoGP entries to just 17 next year.

Furthermore, it isn't clear what this will mean for the team's World Superbike effort, which has also struggled in recent seasons. They recently announced that their bikes will be run under the Paul Bird Motorsport banner in 2009.

:(

This is really bad, I have supported and riden Kawasaki since I knew what a bike was..:( And I have hung-lose with there team in 2004 at the SA gp..NO.

Damn shame if they leave. Feel sorry for any of the riders that may loose a ride espesialy Melandri, looks like he has gone from bad to worse. Hopfully they will be able to line up on the grid in 09.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back