1988 Honda Prelude

Cars 1988 Honda Prelude 0.9.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just doing the final testing of the new mechanical 4-wheel steering system and adjusting the new rims.

Screenshot_honda_prelude_88_ks_barcelona_23-9-121-20-14-54.jpg

In the past I had a 1991 BA4 (Facelift) with the Red/White Taillights. The BA4 Facelift is the best looking Prelude ever in my opinion. The back of the car is so damn sexy.

By the way ... your Mod is a pleasure to drive. Thanks for that. Especially the S1. Makes more fun to drive than any "Supercar". I´m happy that you plan to build the facelift model too. :inlove:

PS:
A little off topic: If you have your to do list done :D perhaps you are interested to mod an Accord CB from the same era? This would be fantastic. I own a 91' CB7 and its a great car. Makes fun to drive. But never found a mod from it anywhere. :(
1636139529715.png

1636139696061.png

Last edited:
In the past I had a 1991 BA4 (Facelift) with the Red/White Taillights. The BA4 Facelift is the best looking Prelude ever in my opinion. The back of the car is so damn sexy.

By the way ... your Mod is a pleasure to drive. Thanks for that. Especially the S1. Makes more fun to drive than any "Supercar". I´m happy that you plan to build the facelift model too. :inlove:

PS:
A little off topic: If you have your to do list done :D perhaps you are interested to mod an Accord CB from the same era? This would be fantastic. I own a 91' CB7 and its a great car. Makes fun to drive. But never found a mod from it anywhere. :(
View attachment 515586
View attachment 515587
Thanks so much! I've increased the width of the S1's tyres and tweaked the performance a bit. It's now much better on the corners and with braking. Will have it out soon, I'm just trying to get the refractive lenses working...

Nice ride!

Jake Grafton updated 1988 Honda Prelude Pack with a new update entry:

v0.9.6

- added four-wheel steering to the original*
- added more rim variations to the original, based on colour**
- increased tyre sizes of the S1, requiring fender flares and tweaked handling
- added refractive lenses
- new rims, intercooler & racing harness to the S1
- various fixes and additional details

* Note that the 4WS takes some getting used to. The rear wheels turn in the same direction as the front until your steering goes over 90 degrees. Past 90 degrees, they move in the opposite...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, I have a little problem. The 4WS works properly in left turns (rears point in the same direction as the fronts till 90°, and in the opposite direction over 90°) while in the right corners the rear wheels always turn in the opposite direction as the fronts. Do I need to activate some extension in the Content Manager?

I just checked the file again; it should be perfectly symmetrical. There is no setting to enable/disable in CM.

It is just how to appears (from the outside view)?

Could you make me a video?

I just checked the file again; it should be perfectly symmetrical. There is no setting to enable/disable in CM.

It is just how to appears (from the outside view)?

Could you make me a video?
how it appears visually is linked to the physics, so if it looks wrong it is wrong.
Looking at your data file, its clear to see its not symmetrical:
1636729688763.png

but also i have my doubts any IRL all wheel steering system would work like this, its really quite extreme. I'd imagine its more speed sensitive

You're right, I missed a minus sign with the last correction. Will fix and update soon.

But that is how the system works, it's pure mechanical and not speed sensitive. At full lock, the rear should be 5.3 degress opposite.

Thanks for the updates, tackling the complicated 4WS is certainly commendable.
From a VR user's (literal) POV, there must be a more appropriate steer.ksanim you can use to get a better driver fit for the cockpit? I realise this probably isn't high on the priority list right now but when a driver has floating hands and steers by telekinesis it can be a real immersion killer. ;)
(edit: comment based on the S1 car - the driver is much better placed in the 4WD car)

Keep up the good work, it's been interesting following development.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, tackling the complicated 4WS is certainly commendable.
From a VR user's (literal) POV, there must be a more appropriate steer.ksanim you can use to get a better driver fit for the cockpit? I realise this probably isn't high on the priority list right now but when a driver has floating hands and steers by telekinesis it can be a real immersion killer. ;)
Keep up the good work, it's been interesting following development.
Thank you! You are right, it hasn't been high on the priority list, but I will it the next thing that I do. I have been dreading the driver animation...

(I also use VR, but turn off the driver.)

Thanks again

Thank you! You are right, it hasn't been high on the priority list, but I will it the next thing that I do. I have been dreading the driver animation...

(I also use VR, but turn off the driver.)

Thanks again
My previous comment was based on the S1 version - I just tried the 4WS version and the driver positioning is a lot better, he just maybe needs raising up an inch or so to avoid the hand clipping at the top of the wheel when turning.

I was also wondering why the cockpit was so dark so checked the dashboard properties.
You had ksAmbient at 0 and ksDiffuse at 1, so changing both to 0.4 as a quick fix made things look more natural and revealed a lot of hidden detail.

Edit: you currently have quite a few materials in the cockpit with ksAmbient set to 0, and some black plastics seem to use a pure black texture so can't easily be lightened. I remember the day-one words of my graphics tutor: "nothing in the real world is ever pure black, and nothing is ever pure white. It's all shades of grey".
;)

Last edited:
My previous comment was based on the S1 version - I just tried the 4WS version and the driver positioning is a lot better, he just maybe needs raising up an inch or so to avoid the hand clipping at the top of the wheel when turning.

I was also wondering why the cockpit was so dark so checked the dashboard properties.
You had ksAmbient at 0 and ksDiffuse at 1, so changing both to 0.4 as a quick fix made things look more natural and revealed a lot of hidden detail.

Edit: you currently have quite a few materials in the cockpit with ksAmbient set to 0, and some black plastics seem to use a pure black texture so can't easily be lightened. I remember the day-one words of my graphics tutor: "nothing in the real world is ever pure black, and nothing is ever pure white. It's all shades of grey".
;)
Strange... I'll check that out also. Thanks!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 137 86.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 49 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 56 35.2%