1970's Performance Mustangs

Cars 1970's Performance Mustangs 0.92

Login or Register an account to download this content
I made the skin but I'm not able to replicate the transparency at my end.
Could you tell me which model (of Mustang 302, 429, 302r or 429r) you're looking at?
Is it just my skin?

The original developer of this mod has quit AC modding. (as far as I know) He PM'd me at least a year ago to say so.
If it's the model(?) I can't help you... If it's the skin.. I might.
Ah that's a shame.
It's ford_mustang_boss_se (302R)

Not sure if this is still in devleopment, just in case it is:
noticed rustang has some see through parts on lod1
qoQCVW6.png
Just noticed this because all skins in the 302R pack by @Andy-R (link) suffer a similar issue after lod transition to mach1_70_B.kn5, and will get holes where the usual Decal.dds is (Plane_005 on the trunk, Plane_003 everywhere else):
lod1.jpgScreenshot_ford_mustang_boss_se_doningtonpark2018_2-5-120-2-50-7.jpgScreenshot_ford_mustang_boss_se_doningtonpark2018_2-5-120-2-50-12.jpg

One solution to avoid this, is by adding to the ford_mustang_boss_se config:
Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_0]
MESHES = Plane_003, Plane_005
IS_TRANSPARENT=1
Screenshot_ford_mustang_boss_se_doningtonpark2018_2-5-120-4-16-53.jpgScreenshot_ford_mustang_boss_se_doningtonpark2018_2-5-120-4-16-51.jpg
It'll only work ingame with csp, but not when previewing in cm showroom. It won't cause trouble with street skins w/black stripes. The regular ford_mustang_boss_302 already had those properties on lod1, it was probably just a mishap on the ford_mustang_boss_se lod1as it doesn't match lod0 in the same way, and it didn't originally include anything other than skins using an opaque decal.dds except for the 3rd party rustang. The stripe objects on doors don't seem to require it to sort priority (neither they're set as transparent on the *_302's lod1), so I left those untouched.

Btw, I'm using for all cars the following, so the dials can still be seen at night behind the green emissive on the glass:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
NAME = GEO_GAUGES_BACK
COLOR = 1,1,1,0.5

Update: Now there there are custom emissives, so the clock can be left out, I'll share a much better solution:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
MESHES=?Needle?
COLOR=0.71,0.07,0.08,5

[INCLUDE: common/custom_emissive.ini]

[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = GEO_GAUGES_BACK
Resolution = 2048, 512
UseEmissive0AsFallback = 1
@ = DashHighlight
@ = CustomEmissive_UseDiffuseLuminocity, SkipDiffuseMap = 0
@ = CustomEmissive_Rect, Start = "428, 0", Size = "1566, 512", Color = "1, 1, 1", Opacity = 0.5
Screenshot_ford_mustang_boss_302_endlessfloor_31-8-120-23-38-58.jpgScreenshot_ford_mustang_boss_302_endlessfloor_31-8-120-23-38-42.jpg

Last edited:
The config files for this mod are maintained by x4fab, I'll report it later on the csp's broken car list. He'll probably have a better solution for the gauges.
edit: it's now listed

Last edited:
Sadly we never got the tamed brakes update, hopefully one day Joshua Widder will check this thread, as there's still much love for these cars.

On this R&T article, they mention a best 80-0mph in 296 feet (0.72G) for the 1970 Boss road car, with a "extreme" tendency to lock the rears. Not that precise values mean much on AC for low speed physics anyway.
Edit: On this one there's a 68 Mustang GT with full trans am brakes and 3282 lbs, did 248ft 80-0 on 7in F60-15.

Andy-R, did you by chance ever find brake values for more appropriate brake distances to balance them out with the 60s grid? Thanks!

I'd also like to report that the ai.ini AI shift up point for the R versions needs adjusted, as it's currently the same as for the 6200rpm limited engines at only 6150, so they don't make use of the engine's upper power band.

Last edited:
Sadly we never got the tamed brakes update, hopefully one day Joshua Widder will check this thread, as there's still much love for these cars.

On this R&T article, they mention a best 80-0mph in 296 feet (0.72G) for the 1970 Boss road car, with a "extreme" tendency to lock the rears. Not that precise values mean much on AC for low speed physics anyway.

Andy-R, did you by chance ever find brake values for more appropriate brake distances to balance them out with the 60s grid? Thanks!

I'd also like to report that the ai.ini AI shift up point for the R versions needs adjusted, as it's currently the same as for the 6200rpm limited engines at only 6150, so they don't make use of the engine's upper power band.
Hard to remember, I think I messed around with the files for my own personal install but it has long since been deleted I'm afraid.

Thank you, still. I'm finding the 429R okayish vs gtam/250gto/rs1600/fulvia s1/tvr200 race/33 stradale. The 302R lacks a bit of straight speed to follow some of them on tracks like RA, if one avoids to exploit super brakes.
For the gta/mini appK/fulvia hf/718/TZ the "road" 302 just setup without rpm limiter might be okayish (the power figure becomes very close to the 302R), as it mainly adds a handling penalty for its classic sports tyres (edit: plus huge rear brakes fade).

I've tried messing with brake force for personal use, but I guess it requires someone who knows what he's doing for things to make sense when all cars are compared. :unsure:

Last edited:
Thank you, still. I'm finding the 429R okayish vs gtam/250gto/rs1600/fulvia s1/tvr200 race/33 stradale. The 302R lacks a bit of straight speed to follow some of them on tracks like RA, if one avoids to exploit super brakes.
For the gta/mini appK/fulvia hf/718/TZ the "road" 302 just setup without rpm limiter might be okayish (the power figure becomes very close to the 302R), as it mainly adds a handling penalty for its classic sports tyres.

I've tried messing with brake force for personal use, but I guess it requires someone who knows what he's doing for things to make sense when all cars are compared. :unsure:
Yep I think it requires someone that knows what they are doing. I was in the same boat as you, I didnt really know but tried changing some stuff anyway to see what happens :D

I know this mod is mostly abandoned by the dev, but has anyone made a skinpack of the racing skins that were only on the 429R for the 302R? I can't directly apply any for some reason. If I copy and paste (with correct file name) the dds preview just gets tiled all over the car.

For 302R skins, a racing skinpack by Andy-R was shared there: link or here as an rd resource
They were included here too: link

It doesn't include the 429R specific ones though, mapping is incompatible.
Beware of this issue when using full skins without stripes on the 302R, to avoid holes on lodB.

Last edited:
Perhaps workshop manuals will have dimensions for the discs, pistons etc. With some data, we can calculate it. No need to find any test values; they never exist.

Just noticed this because all skins in the 302R pack by @Andy-R (link) suffer a similar issue after lod transition to mach1_70_B.kn5, and will get holes where the usual Decal.dds is (Plane_005 on the trunk, Plane_003 everywhere else):
View attachment 368534View attachment 368533View attachment 368532

One solution to avoid this, is by adding to the ford_mustang_boss_se config:
Code:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_0]
MESHES = Plane_003, Plane_005
IS_TRANSPARENT=1
View attachment 368536View attachment 368535
It'll only work ingame with csp, but not when previewing in cm showroom. It won't cause trouble with street skins w/black stripes. The regular ford_mustang_boss_302 already had those properties on lod1, it was probably just a mishap on the ford_mustang_boss_se lod1as it doesn't match lod0 in the same way, and it didn't originally include anything other than skins using an opaque decal.dds except for the 3rd party rustang. The stripe objects on doors don't seem to require it to sort priority (neither they're set as transparent on the *_302's lod1), so I left those untouched.

Btw, I'm using for all cars the following, so the dials can still be seen at night behind the green emissive on the glass:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_0]
NAME = GEO_GAUGES_BACK
COLOR = 1,1,1,0.5

Update: Now there there are custom emissives, so the clock can be left out, I'll share a much better solution:
Code:
[EMISSIVE_LIGHT_...]
MESHES=?Needle?
COLOR=0.71,0.07,0.08,5

[INCLUDE: common/custom_emissive.ini]

[CustomEmissive]
Meshes = GEO_GAUGES_BACK
Resolution = 2048, 512
UseEmissive0AsFallback = 1
@ = DashHighlight
@ = CustomEmissive_UseDiffuseLuminocity, SkipDiffuseMap = 0
@ = CustomEmissive_Rect, Start = "428, 0", Size = "1566, 512", Color = "1, 1, 1", Opacity = 0.5
View attachment 402830View attachment 402829
Hello, I'm pretty new to all this and was wondering where I can adjust this so I can see the dials in the dark?

That code above is something you can add to assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\loaded\"eachcarname".ini files (backup original files first), or create a new ext_config.ini file under each respective assettocorsa\content\cars\carfoldername\extension with those contents. Don't expect much, or to look as intended by the car creator. That was just a quick dirty workaround.

Edit: sorry, forgot the "\loaded" part on the path for the existing auto-downloaded files created by x4fab

Last edited:
That code above is something you can add to assettocorsa\extension\config\cars\"eachcarname".ini files (backup original files first), or create a new ext_config.ini file under each respective assettocorsa\content\cars\carfoldername\extension with those contents. Don't expect much, or to look as intended by the car creator. That was just a quick dirty workaround.
alright thank you for the quick response !

Hello, I'm new to the game. The "template" files are to be placed in the ".../content/cars" folder?
no, those are not directly used by Assetto Corsa, they are just for if you want to make your own livery in programs like Photoshop or Gimp. You only need to copy the six car folders into the content/cars folder

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.