1080 or 1440 Displays

I am planning to purchase 3 new 32" displays.

This is my system: Photo Editing / Sim Workstation
  • i7-8700K
  • RTX2070
  • 32GB Ram
I would greatly appreciate help / advice on the following questions:
  • If I buy 1440 native displays and run at 1080, is the image quality significantly different than running 1080 on native 1080 displays?
  • Would my computer run smoothly with 3 displays at 1440? (iRacing, ACC, all the usual sims)
  • What displays would you recommend? (I am interested in flat screens) - Seems many are out of stock currently.
Thank you.

- Bill

PS. I am a motorsport photographer. This is my portfolio if you would like to view it. Photo Portfolio

1000R Curvalicious

This, for all singing all dancing high spec

Warning, this video has exciting and dramatic music to entice you to buy :)
Here

This for an amazing price but limited to @75Hz 1080p with for some odd reason no VESA mount.
Here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just upgraded to triples, and went with the MSIOPTIX MAG321CURV.. This is a 4K, 60Hz monitor, 1500R, HDR. I can run this at 1080p using integral interpolation (no fuzziness at all with the perfect 4:1 pixel mapping), and have the option for higher resolutions as video cards improve. Rumor is the next-gen nVidia Ampere cards will boost 4K frame rates by almost 50%. If so, then 4K triples in sims will be practical at 60Hz.

I'm actually pondering on going the same route. Still stuck on my i5/1080 GTX due to bad availability of the current generation GPUs. Are you still happy with running 1080p on those 4k screens? And do you experience any distortion of the image due to the curved screens?

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea