10 GRAN PREMIO DE HAMILTON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun race, as per usual with STC. My setup struggles continue with this car, but I actually put a solid one together late on in warm-up. Wasn't able to qualify, so I had to work my way up from the back. I did pretty well in doing that, fighting and battling my way up to 12th before I absolutely plowed into one of the MAG cars after they spun out and at the last second shot right in front of me. Took really bad suspension damage, so that halted my run up the field. From there on it was about running consistent laps and trying to figure out exactly what I was going to need from the pits (fix damage, go to super softs, etc). In the end, I blew my engine after my second stop and my race was over. Very disappointed to have only finished 2 out of the 5 rounds I took part in this season. Could have scored way more points than that.

Congratulations to the FlatOut team. You boys are quick and excellent racers, and you have a really deep line-up of drivers. Was very impressed with your team all season.

Also congrats to RpM. You guys are awesome, and it's amazing just how many super class aliens your line-up has.

And well done to the organizers. One of the best leagues I've ever taken part in, hands down!!!

Great race tonight, thanks to all that took part.

I am delighted at the championship win for My team "Gameracer Flatout Racing" and would like to thank all the guys for a fantastic team effort.
Also big well done to "Gameracer FlatoutClub" for a great haul of points over the season and a very respectable overall performance.

Before my race report I would like to apologize to Marcin for the hit, I was on fresh rubber and desperate to unlap myself and make up for lost time, I followed closely for 2 laps and was faster due to your worn tyres but I knew I had to stay close if I was to have any chance to pass, sorry I tapped you round coming out of the corner, I obviously got more traction than you did on that occasion and it caught me out.
I'm glad you managed to retain your position and continue racing.

My quali lap was on target, not a pb but in the 1.17's and happy with 5th
When Kev got spun out on T1 I just managed to avoid contact and secured 3rd ahead of Robin who put lots of pressure for the first 25 minutes to pass until a Blue flag driver about to be lapped backed off very early out of the corner leading on to the back straight and I had to swerve to avoid running into the back but unfortunately into Robins path where I then spun and lost my rear wing, you did a great job to avoid worse contact Robin and glad there was no pile up.
I struggled back to the pits with heavy damage and no rear wing and apologize to anyone that got held up on the way.
Now down in 17th and allot of work to do, so I swapped to a 2 stopper and pressed on, apart from the incident with Marcin, all went well and after a great battle with Massimo in the closing stages, I managed to finish 9th with Kev in a stunning 2nd place giving us the title.

Its has been a great series, using a fantastic vehicle Mod around some superb tracks.
The competition has been intense and RPM gave us one heck of a fight right to the very end.
Thanks to all at RD, STC and PSRTV for everything.

See you next time.

hmmm regarding laptimes it was not so bad, considering that I even didn't know the track one hour before the race. I had no idea what to do with the setup and was happy not to crash too often in FP. then I had to help David while FP and Q were running and couldn't really work on a setup. Luckily I had a good improvement in warm up which led to a 19.0 with full tank, so I was looking forward to the race :)

in first corner somebody spun round and I had to go around the outside, which cost me 2 places. This time I had the high downforce setup, so I had no chance to get my position back, especially not knowing what the track would be apart from the racing line and so I decided to keep cool and not take a risk. But then - BANG! I was hit heavily on the entrance of turn 1 in lap 6 or 7 literally from out of nowhere, which spun me around seeing following cars run into me :( now I was back in 12th and the rear end was ever so twitchy, horrible to drive - plus I was so revved up and desperate to get my positions back, that I ran over the yellow part of the chicane and had a high-speed spin, seeing more cars running into me. Sorry for that but I had no idea where I was going and miscalculated the speed of the following cars when I tried to bring my car back into the right direction.

well... the result of all of that: lost my rear wing and so after 10 minutes my race was over - after the pit stop I was 19th and fought back to 11th in the end, seeing more troubles on my way trying to unlap myself and getting blue flags all the time... The car still felt horrible so I couldn't match or improve my laptimes from warm up but was even half a second slower.

Summary: 5 races, 1 DNF (Spa), 1 win (Le Mans), 1 more podium (Interlagos), 1 race wrong tyres/strategy (Sugo) and now such a race full of bad luck, which might not have happened with some practice before the raceday. But you never know :D

It was great fun to drive against those fast guys here and maybe I can be back at the next Black Cup. Congratulations to GameRacer FOR for the title and Rpm forcing the FOR guys to a fight right down to the wire - that was a great and impressive battle!

Thank you also to the organizers and of course Motor AG Motorsports, who gave me the chance to compete in this high-class series and also gave me a lot of enjoyable time in teamspeak and Skype - you guys are just crazy :D Also thank you to HP Racing, who allowed me to drive for another team, although I am normally not allowed to :)

Before my race report I would like to apologize to Marcin for the hit, I was on fresh rubber and desperate to unlap myself and make up for lost time, I followed closely for 2 laps and was faster due to your worn tyres but I knew I had to stay close if I was to have any chance to pass, sorry I tapped you round coming out of the corner, I obviously got more traction than you did on that occasion and it caught me out.
I'm glad you managed to retain your position and continue racing.

Ok Adam no hard feelings, but anyway you can be proud of yourself, im pretty sure that this tap won title for your team.....

ALso waant to say sorry for Sebastian from PJD, i just not been able to hold on car when we was side by side, sorrry, when you catch me again i just let you pass .

Thanks STC crew and all drivers, there was a lot strange decisions behind green table this season,
anyway grats for the winners :)

Huge congratulations to FlatOut Racing for the title and to RPM aswell for briging the battle to the very end! Also a big THANK YOU to all participating teams and drivers, and of course to the guys behind it all David and Xosé and all the other staff members :)

I have now posted a more detailed new report but I haven't been able to watch the race yet so there might be a mistake or two, but I have double checked Marcins name so hopefully that is as it should :tongue:

Ok Adam no hard feelings, but anyway you can be proud of yourself, im pretty shure that this tap won title for your team.....

ALso waant to say sorry for Sebastian from PJD, i just not been able to hold on car when we was side by side, sorrry, when you catch me again i just let you pass .

Thanks STC crew and all drivers, there was a lot strange decisions behind green table this season,
anyway grats for the winners :)

I saw the difference of speed between us, but I let you space in the inside line of the turn. Your touch was very hard because I touch the wheel at the end of the first lap. I realy though that my engine was off because of that, but it was ok. Hopefully, only few laps to go because my wheel was completely in the left and it was impossible to brake without spin.

Thanks for your apologies.

Congrats to FOR for the title of winner of this exciting seasson, to RPM for the battle of the title.
This was a very very exciting champ at high level of drivers.
COR team finished 5 in the ranking, and we are happy for this, we are a group of friends and we want to let everybody driving races, for this we have not everytime our fastest drivers on track (if so I never run ;) ...) and we are aware that in this manner we could not think to win the champ, but we have choose this route and we all are plaesed to have contributed to the final result.
A great THANK YOU to DAVID and XOSE' for all this, to STC and PSRTV staff, and last but not the least to ALL DRIVERS and TEAM for the fairness and commitment.
See you next season.

Quali: I did a bad time (+"800 from my pb)

Race: The start was good. But few time later, I pushed a little Dany Asbury when i tried to avoid a big incident in front (very sorry). Otherwise, the big part of the race was fun, nice battles, but the end was very difficult. I got a flat tire after a big smack in the t1 wall and i pushed Michael Braeutigam (very sorry too, i have spined sadly). After, i have broke my suspension. I don't know how i was able to finish with my rubbish car XD.

Congrats to the FOR and to all the teams for this great season. Thanks to the staffs for the huge work you did in it, it was very fun !

And off course congrats to all my team mates for their performances ;)

ok, my report

Quali 9th with a very bad time. A P5 was possible.

Race 5th
I made a clean start, tried to not be in a big one at the beginning of the race. But during the first part, in turn 1, I was involve in a contact with Michael Braeutigam. Michael was a bit outside, I thought that I can put my car in the inside line but I touch the rear of his car. Like I said in PM, sorry for that Michael.
After that I saw that my engine will not be able to make the full race, so I have no choice, I need to manage my engine. During the 40 first laps, I drive slower than during my training, between 0,5s and 1s slower than usual. But it is important score point for the general standing. After my second pit stop, I was in P6 and tried to come closer to the GBK. But the gap stay constant so I reduce my speed to finish 6th. But at the end of the race, Marcin was in trouble and I have the opportunity to overtake him. My first try finish in the wall, but I have an other opportunity to overtake him in the last lap.
Happy with that result for my team for the general standing.

Thanks everybody and see you in 2011 !

Congratulations to the FOR for the title.

what a fantastic end to a great season,

Q went pretty well i was off my pb but was happy with splitting the RPM guys,

going into first corner i know it was very tough with cold breaks and tyers so made shore i wasn't going to run into Peter only to have myself hit into a spin witch seen me back into 12th. I then knew i had a tough battle getting myself back up the field but i had the pace and the determination to do it so i just got my head down and done what i had to do. My team mate adz was going real well till i passed him with his rear wing off so i was a little worried but he did a fantastic job in making his 1 stopper into a 2 on the fly and fight back up the field.

Big thanks to all the teams and the STC guys for there work in putting together the best online sim racing team league. hats of to you:thumb:

Roll on 2011:letsgoracing:

The race for me was exciting. Just before the race i put my first 17 lap time time and was confident i could make top 10 with a low 18, how wrong was i lol fooked up my lap and started 18th
nono.gif
I didn`t let it affect me as i was prepared for the race and had my strategy sorted 3 days previous. The 1st few laps were a bit nervy as i had cars infront and 2 at the back breathing down my neck but once compossed i started stretching away from the guys behind and reeling in the guys infront. I have never been so focused in a race and the more drivers i reeled in the better i felt. I managed to get up to 4th at 1 point due to pit stops and knew if i could keep doing the same things i would have been on for a top 10 no problems. I finished 10th so was extremly happy especially knowing Racing team had done what was needed to clinch the title.

Its been fantastic to be part of GameRacer Flatout this series, im not just saying that because of the outcome, i am saying that because we all worked very hard to make this a season to remember. We have a great bunch of genuine people who just love to race and be part of the STC Series. Most of us talk on ts most nights, we share setups, car/track info, post galore about strategy...it truly is a team effort and a team i am very very proud to be a part of. I race for the Club Team and with the help of Mike, Iain, Mikko, Kev, Adz, Club have more than doubled there points tally from last series which is just a huge improvment but it comes down to all of us sticking together.

A huge thanks to David, Xose, Eckhart and all that were involved in making this a memorable series...probably the best!!

Many Thanks.

Qually:10th ,bit dissapointing but i screwed up the last 3/4 corners.

Race: had a good start,passed Levret on t1 while trying to avoid the cars that were standing there.Had to take a wider line than intented but it worked out fine.
Was going just fine untill my game frooze on lap4.........aaaaaarrrrrrggggg.
After i banged my head a few times against the wall and said some things that i wont repeat on this forum i joined the STC site and watched the rest of the race as a (frustrated) bystander...
Could have been another pretty good result but things like this just happen.
Fortunatly with the result of my team mate (Keith), FDR secured 4th place in the championship.(best rookie team)

I want to congratulate the champions and a big big thanks to the live commantators( David, Xose, Eckhart),and all that were involved in making this championship possible.
Hope that i can join you in another great season of STC.

Also i want to thank team FDR for taking me onboard and helping me with the setups,training and supervising me during the race.
Not only did i learn a lot it was most of all great fun,thx guys.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back