1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC 1.3 AI issues

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by hexagramme, Oct 10, 2015.

1. From the video description:

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Are you making a crash compilation for a contest or what ? they're good but maybe you will make something even better for the next update.

btw there is more issue with your unpredictable driving style, provoking crash that even a human can't avoid it that prove nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. The video is showing the AI most of the time, not him.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

you missed this one ...but they will find a solution in 46th second :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Exactly. Thank you for taking the time to read the video description.

A few of the clips are from my POV though, hanging back, observing the AI.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Hey hex I'm confused. You go in to so much detail how you don't like ac and how it's not rf2.

So how comes you still ended up buying dlc #2?

Why bother?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Maybe he was hoping the 1.3 update was going to solve the AI issue, but it didn't, at least not for him. Personally I love the new 1.3 update. I actually enjoy racing in AC now since 1.3.

The question I have is, if he hates AC so much and preaches rF2, why doesn't he just uninstall AC and commit fully to rFactor...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

AI problems followed him like an albatross around his neck, is my guess. Unless that video of the AI all crashing in Bathurst was just a dream... Cause TBH if you have trouble with AI in one sim, you're gonna see the same trouble in any other sim. They're not smarter, just driving different devs' ideas of the 'best line'.

9. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

not true :) in lot of cases it is not about smarter/dumber AI .. problem is often awardness ... while in pCars or some arcades like GRID Autosport AI has little to none awarndess of your presense and will just follow its predistinated ideal line (example is going side by side in long straight, you have outside line, AI inside, AI wants outside line so it will just take it, ignoring fact that for last 15 seconds you are there at his side)
    So while in some sims I have no problems running with AI, following my line or outbraking them, in others it is mostly about predicting where AI will go and avoiding that line .. and I`m not talking about dive bombing or not giving them racing space .. if you treat AI like decent human players you don`t have much issues with solid AI...
    So while I have very little issues in GTR Evo, GSC, R3E, if I try to drive the same way in pC or AC it wouldn`t be nice experience ..

10. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

I haven't had problems with that since AC 1.2, they could definitely get more aggressive but they never run into me if I'm driving in a way that leaves them room.

11. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

oh no AC AI has other issues at this mmnt ... agressiveness is not one of them .. that was for pC... in AC AI has spots where it goes wide and you can avoid them if you know where.
    My reaction was more in general way to your comment that if you have issues with AI in one sim, it will follow you to other sims .. which is in my experiences not true ..

12. lol @2:30

How is the AI at other tracks that aren't nordschleife and spa, and with lower powered cars, like street cars?

13. I included that in the video as well.

As you'll see, the GT3 cars also have big issues, in this example at Zandvoort, running wide and hitting the outside barrier at various places on the track, before coming to a stop, often on the racing line.

You'll also see RUFs bunching up, racing out of control on the grass, stopping on track for no reason. You'll also see it sliding on its side, pretty much defying the laws of physics.

Nissans are locking up all the time, swerving wildly and running unto the grass, causing havoc.

However the video mainly consists of high powered racing cars and tracks that interests me the most. This is the content I expected to be able to race without problems at this point.

14. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

You can race it without problems, online in our club. Request it and they will come, see how you fare :).

15. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Lol. AI.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba

17. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Sorry mate, Bathurst is on, and then the WEC in 90mins.
    Would love to, especially after how great last night's race was, but just not today :)

18. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba

Be kind and hook a bro up with a stream for WEC. Ill be on TS anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

No stream mate, it's on tv here :D

20. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

maybe what you are showing in video could have something with AI being updated but most openwhellers are still on V4 tyres ...