0.8.5 Update

Lot of fun with new Evoras, had some issues with surrounding stuttering, not fps drops not typical missing vsync just sth like lag in background, hard to explain. Replays works better imo.

Lot of fun with new Evoras, had some issues with surrounding stuttering, not fps drops not typical missing vsync just sth like lag in background, hard to explain. Replays works better imo.
I'm getting the same. FPS counter reporting no drop outs but a very slight but noticable jitter. Not sure the word is appropriate to a shuddering effect. Very distracting. I've only run a few laps in the Evora GTC and the BMW M3 GT2 on Silverstone so will have to try a few more track/car combos to see if its game-wide on my system.

Really very dissappointed with the Lotus-es. Please, give us Ferraris, Mercedes-es, BMWs, Lamborghinis, Porsche-es, McLarens or Paganis...

nah, these Lotus cars are great to race and got enough speed for the GT3 class. Thats good, when career or MP starts too. ;)
The slower Lotus cars are dissappointing, because they sound shitty (yeah i know they got only 4 cylinder^^)

The race weekend would be good, when the Menu would have more buttons and so on. And we need custom setups finally. Aris said it should work already, but it wont unfornately.

damage.PNG

Picture of some visual damage by Da Hoe on the lfsforum. Looks pretty good.

edit: and one more by me just taken now:
damagev2.png

Last edited:
damage.PNG

Picture of some visual damage by Da Hoe on the lfsforum. Looks pretty good.

edit: and one more by me just taken now:
damagev2.png

What's the black square under the Fiat?

How realistic was the damage? Was that from touching a wall or another vehicle or was that from crashing hard. Also does it affect the car's performance? I'm at work so I can't test yet but I'm counting down the minutes till 5:00 :sneaky:

I've noticed the black square too, maybe shadow graphics bug? I was just scraping at the wall mostly, was driving alone and tried to get a bit of damage. :D

crashed a bit harder with the ferrari so one more (nice camber on the wheel):

damagev3.png

Is it too early to rule out body-crumpling damage? I don't know if I should hope for that or not, as it's never been done before that I've seen. But I just don't like the generic scraped-up look for a 100mph collision with a wall.

I don't think it affects performance yet, at least not until you rip off a wheel. :D It's also no "smart" damage, it seems. Made a short video here:

But I don't think we should read to much into it, it wasn't an announced feature and only very few cars got it. I would guess we see more sophisticated damage at some point.

I am amazed by the improved frame rate with 22 cars on the track.
I don't usually upload youtube videos, but i was pleasantly surprised by the performance, so i uploaded a short clip showing the AI behavior.
My pc is a i& 950 @ 3.2 , 6GB Ram, GTX 780 running on triple screens @ 5760x1200 , bezel corrected. I recorded using shadowplay on a single screen because shadowplay doesnt support triple screen capturing yet.
I started 22nd, had 57fps right before race start, which is the lowest it ever went.
Truly amazed by the performance. Good job Kunos :)

Here is the video, for some reason the quality isnt so good, maybe because of the re encoding, i don't know whats the best solution for it.

I don't think it affects performance yet, at least not until you rip off a wheel. :D It's also no "smart" damage, it seems. Made a short video here:

But I don't think we should read to much into it, it wasn't an announced feature and only very few cars got it. I would guess we see more sophisticated damage at some point.

OK so it isn't really damage - more like a visual effect. I noticed in your first strike against the wall you hit the right side yet the left side showed damage so it's just VFX for now. Something to look forward to I guess. ;)

The AI seem to be quicker off the start, at least with the new Lotus at Imola they did. Also, is it me or does the new Lotus Evora GX have even better force feedback then what the others cars did before this 0.8.5 update. It might just be me but something about it feels special. Great update so far! :thumbsup:

P.S that adjustment to the kerb sounds is sweet. :p
Got to agree with you Tom, everything feels different overall smoother somehow,and the kerb tweeks sound so realistic.

Is it too early to rule out body-crumpling damage? I don't know if I should hope for that or not, as it's never been done before that I've seen. But I just don't like the generic scraped-up look for a 100mph collision with a wall.
Well, it is the first implementation of the damage model. So I'm staying hopeful. Maybe not super complex damage, but I'm hoping they'll still do more than what we have now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back