0.8.5 Update

Game crashing to desktop when the UI is set to GPU accelerated. Anybody else getting the same. Running on an Nvidia 780m 4gb.

Everything is ok once its reset to 0 in the launcher config file.

First impressions:
Wow - full grid of 312's at Imola, and no stuttering, no warnings, and my FPS dipped to around 50FPS on getaway, no slideshows!

Unfortunately, the AI did rather just pit-manoeuvre me out the way on the way down to T1 - however, they seemed to keep a good pace, no unreasonable areas where I caught them up.

Single player wise, performance/FPS seems the same as before, no gains for me there.

I was lapping the F40 around Nurb right before the update and found a fairly average consistent time - however since the update, I was nearly 4 secs up on the times I was setting before. I need to investigate this more.

Game crashing to desktop when the UI is set to GPU accelerated. Anybody else getting the same. Running on an Nvidia 780m 4gb.

Everything is ok once its reset to 0 in the launcher config file.

If that's the only issue causing it to crash, just uncheck that option. I have yet to see that option do anything at all.

If that's the only issue causing it to crash, just uncheck that option. I have yet to see that option do anything at all.
If someone checks it and restarts they can't get to the check box to uncheck it before it crashes. They need to use the config file.

I've also yet to see it make any difference but it has spiked the cpu on a couple of occasions, enough to trigger Process Lasso's limiting function. Will keep watching it.

If someone checks it and restarts they can't get to the check box to uncheck it before it crashes. They need to use the config file.

I've also yet to see it make any difference but it has spiked the cpu on a couple of occasions, enough to trigger Process Lasso's limiting function. Will keep watching it.

Good point if you've already checked it and it crashes on startup everytime. I didn't think about that. I guess I was thinking if its possible to get past the startup screen occasionally to change it then.

I updated the game and now C for changing camera is not working although in controls is set to be for changing camera, any solution?

Unfortunately, the AI did rather just pit-manoeuvre me out the way on the way down to T1 - however, they seemed to keep a good pace, no unreasonable areas where I caught them up.
My observation while driving the Z4 GT3 (badly) is that when they're running two wide, they expect you to follow the AI line, and when you don't, they'll take you out cause you didn't give them the room they expected.

Mostly comes up in right/straight/left sequences where they have an arbitrary point along the straight that they get back over to the left, and if you're in the way, boom. Mostly I avoid being in the AI's way now that I'm used to it, I just don't take the inside exiting from those corners unless I can clear them completely.

@above, F1/F3/F5 switch cameras?

The AI seem to be quicker off the start, at least with the new Lotus at Imola they did. Also, is it me or does the new Lotus Evora GX have even better force feedback then what the others cars did before this 0.8.5 update. It might just be me but something about it feels special. Great update so far! :thumbsup:

P.S that adjustment to the kerb sounds is sweet. :p

My observation while driving the Z4 GT3 (badly) is that when they're running two wide, they expect you to follow the AI line, and when you don't, they'll take you out cause you didn't give them the room they expected.

Mostly comes up in right/straight/left sequences where they have an arbitrary point along the straight that they get back over to the left, and if you're in the way, boom. Mostly I avoid being in the AI's way now that I'm used to it, I just don't take the inside exiting from those corners unless I can clear them completely.

@above, F1/F3/F5 switch cameras?

Exactly correct, was the run down to T1 and AI was on my left quarter, so yeah it was probably moving over to the right and stupid me was in the way!
They do seem a lot more sensible in general once you get past the first few turns.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%