Season 10 Race 5 Sepang setup thread

Reik Major

Premium
This time I had the opportunity to put in a few more laps at an early stage, so here is what I could achieve so far. Would be nice to get a feedback about the setup, because I haven't much experiences with F3000 so far and I did something different compared to the last races.

I uploaded the chase cam view also to show my racing line the best way.

Attachments

• ReikSepang-ca.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 426
You did your 1:44:9 with the same setup?

Yes. I always type the best lap time of each setup in its notes, so when we come back to the track later I know which setup was the quickest.

Such low wings....:unsure:

I haven't tested more wings yet with this setup. Maybe it works also. In comparison I tryed Davids Melbourne setup, which has more wings. It felt better glued to the track and the corners could be driven slightly faster and safer, but I was only able to drive low 1:45's with it. Maybe it's due to less speed but I could also lose it in other places which I'm not aware of.

Maybe when the others have tested a bit more, they are again quicker so their setups might be the potentialy faster ones.

heres the setup im using at the moment, its a bit of a mix of my melbourne, reiks and seans setup, i like reiks gears even though the 1st gear is very long ive gotten used to it, i prefered higher wing than reik so its 22/24 at the moment, some other things changed, feels pretty stable, will most likely be changed as i go on though i cant seem to break the 45.2 mark yet.

Attachments

• david one.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
. Would be nice to get a feedback about the setup, because I haven't much experiences with F3000 so far and I did something different compared to the last races.

I did practice a bit with your setup since you uploaded it , i did my pb with it with some minor changes and i am going to use it for race as well, but with my very very little time on track i am unable to give you a decent feedback however i feel this one seems to be on the right track Reik.

I found the rear was very hard to control , the rear snaps when lifting of on couple of turns and easy to spin wheels under acceleration through those slow turns, so I had to add 2 clicks to the rear wings , reduced the dampers by 5 clicks each ( steeve idea) , reduced the rear springs to 90 and reduced the lock from 10 to 5% , by doing this i gained 1 sec and did my pb.

Thank you Reik for this setup, i whish i had more time to give it a better evaluation because it felt It had some potential to improve my lap time.

Thanks to those who posted their setups,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back