Season 10 Race 5 Sepang setup thread

Reik Major

Premium
This time I had the opportunity to put in a few more laps at an early stage, so here is what I could achieve so far. Would be nice to get a feedback about the setup, because I haven't much experiences with F3000 so far and I did something different compared to the last races.

I uploaded the chase cam view also to show my racing line the best way.

Attachments

• ReikSepang-ca.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 427
You did your 1:44:9 with the same setup?

Yes. I always type the best lap time of each setup in its notes, so when we come back to the track later I know which setup was the quickest.

Such low wings....:unsure:

I haven't tested more wings yet with this setup. Maybe it works also. In comparison I tryed Davids Melbourne setup, which has more wings. It felt better glued to the track and the corners could be driven slightly faster and safer, but I was only able to drive low 1:45's with it. Maybe it's due to less speed but I could also lose it in other places which I'm not aware of.

Maybe when the others have tested a bit more, they are again quicker so their setups might be the potentialy faster ones.

heres the setup im using at the moment, its a bit of a mix of my melbourne, reiks and seans setup, i like reiks gears even though the 1st gear is very long ive gotten used to it, i prefered higher wing than reik so its 22/24 at the moment, some other things changed, feels pretty stable, will most likely be changed as i go on though i cant seem to break the 45.2 mark yet.

Attachments

• david one.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
. Would be nice to get a feedback about the setup, because I haven't much experiences with F3000 so far and I did something different compared to the last races.

I did practice a bit with your setup since you uploaded it , i did my pb with it with some minor changes and i am going to use it for race as well, but with my very very little time on track i am unable to give you a decent feedback however i feel this one seems to be on the right track Reik.

I found the rear was very hard to control , the rear snaps when lifting of on couple of turns and easy to spin wheels under acceleration through those slow turns, so I had to add 2 clicks to the rear wings , reduced the dampers by 5 clicks each ( steeve idea) , reduced the rear springs to 90 and reduced the lock from 10 to 5% , by doing this i gained 1 sec and did my pb.

Thank you Reik for this setup, i whish i had more time to give it a better evaluation because it felt It had some potential to improve my lap time.

Thanks to those who posted their setups,

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies