1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 10 Race 5 Sepang setup thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Reik Major, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

This time I had the opportunity to put in a few more laps at an early stage, so here is what I could achieve so far. Would be nice to get a feedback about the setup, because I haven't much experiences with F3000 so far and I did something different compared to the last races.

I uploaded the chase cam view also to show my racing line the best way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  2. This is a very nice lap Reik. :thumbsup: You did your 1:44:9 with the same setup? I looked at your setup and its very far from what i've ever try, but i will test it for sure. Such low wings....:unsure:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Yes. I always type the best lap time of each setup in its notes, so when we come back to the track later I know which setup was the quickest.

I haven't tested more wings yet with this setup. Maybe it works also. In comparison I tryed Davids Melbourne setup, which has more wings. It felt better glued to the track and the corners could be driven slightly faster and safer, but I was only able to drive low 1:45's with it. Maybe it's due to less speed but I could also lose it in other places which I'm not aware of.

Maybe when the others have tested a bit more, they are again quicker so their setups might be the potentialy faster ones.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

I started with Davids melbournes and then tried my old 1 and this is combination of them both wings 24/25 for pb but had a lot of 45.2s with 26 rear wing to. I may get lower as practising.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  6. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

heres the setup im using at the moment, its a bit of a mix of my melbourne, reiks and seans setup, i like reiks gears even though the 1st gear is very long ive gotten used to it, i prefered higher wing than reik so its 22/24 at the moment, some other things changed, feels pretty stable, will most likely be changed as i go on though i cant seem to break the 45.2 mark yet.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  7. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I think my 44:9xx was a very lucky one with hitting every thing well, which is very hard at Sepang. So driving low 45's frequently is very, very good.

• Like Like x 5
  8. My setup.:) Essentially based on Melbourne - less rear wing and +1 click on 6th.
    Wings 22 /24. Nothing special although it feels stable [famous last words there].
    I could manage a low '46

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  9. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Great name for setup Peter but I seemed to be unable to overtake anyone with yours :rolleyes:
    Heres my final setup wil mostly practise stints and just up or down 1 clicks wings balance good with 20/22 to 24/25.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  10. I obtain my personal best using Reik's setup with slight adjustments. Lower dampers and 1 click longer 6th gear.

Here is my vidéo!

Steeve

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  11. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Here's mine too; setup is pretty much the Melbourne one just with slightly less downforce

• Like Like x 9
  12. I did practice a bit with your setup since you uploaded it , i did my pb with it with some minor changes and i am going to use it for race as well, but with my very very little time on track i am unable to give you a decent feedback however i feel this one seems to be on the right track Reik.

I found the rear was very hard to control , the rear snaps when lifting of on couple of turns and easy to spin wheels under acceleration through those slow turns, so I had to add 2 clicks to the rear wings , reduced the dampers by 5 clicks each ( steeve idea) , reduced the rear springs to 90 and reduced the lock from 10 to 5% , by doing this i gained 1 sec and did my pb.

Thank you Reik for this setup, i whish i had more time to give it a better evaluation because it felt It had some potential to improve my lap time.

Thanks to those who posted their setups,

• Like Like x 5
  13. Here is a video of my best lap this far (1:44.766) and my setup, which is Reik's setup significantly modified to suit me.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Thank you for your feedback Anthony, it's very welcome. In the meantime I had some time to drive again and I think it could have a little bit more wing, especially in race trim.

• Like Like x 5