Race #01, Bahrain: Post-Race Checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check your actual status of warnings and safety rating of the season HERE.

Morgan Morand (3.50)

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Rearview Driving="0", Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0", Upstream Rated KBPS="512", Downstream Rated KBPS="512"
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Clean
Tire Rules: Fulfilled
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini settings

Bono Huis (3.50)

Log: Clean
Penalty: N/A

Rob van Starkenburg (3.50)

Martin Gosbee (3.50)

David Greco (3.50)

Marcel vd Linden (3.50)

Q2: N/A
Launch Control: Not used
Penalty: Official Warning for Launch Control infraction

Petar Brljak (2.50)

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #6

Carlos Martín (3.50)

Q1: N/A
Log: Upstream Rated KBPS="378", Downstream Rated KBPS="3050"

Jack Keithley (3.50)

Antonio Kolarec (2.50)

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #13

Jim Parisis (3.50)

Eros Masciulli (3.50)

Adrián Rodríguez (3.50)

Blair Disley (3.50)

Dino Paolini (2.50)

Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #7

Patrick De Wit (0.00)

Log: Upstream Rated KBPS="3562", Downstream Rated KBPS="3882"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini settings, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #9, 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #10, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #11, 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #12 (0.00 Safety Rating = License revoked and Back of the Grid in the next race)

Ivar Kalamees (1.50)

Penalty: 1.5 Penalty Points for Incident #2

Dian Kostadinov (3.50)

Log: Net Connection Type="4"

Matt Sentell (3.50)

Ville Leppälä (1.00)

Log: Net Connection Type="4", Upstream Rated KBPS="1000", Downstream Rated KBPS="1280"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini settings, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #3, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #4, 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #5

Giordano Valeriano (3.50)

Zuhaitz Cabo (3.50)

Gergo Baldi (2.50)

Log: Net Connection Type="3", Upstream Rated KBPS="128", Downstream Rated KBPS="128"
Penalty: Official Warning for .PLR/multiplayer.ini settings, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #14

Mark Aalberts (3.50)

Peter Helmbro (3.50)

Luka Oslakovic (3.50)

Before going straight to the incidents verdicts take into account that there has been some rule changes this year regarding the penalty system and it may seem that penalties are harsher than previous years.

This year with the introduction of the Safety Rating value every driver gets 0.50 SR for a clean race.
That means that if a driver has a penalty of 1.5 penalty points he will be able to recover those penalty points doing 3 clean races (0.50 SR+0.50 SR+0.50 SR) while the previous years the driver had to do 5 consecutive clean races in order to “erase” his penalty points.

Also for this first race the following excel document has been used for all the incidents, but it’s subjected to future changes to try to improve it over the season.

Incident #1

Driver(s) Involved: Matt Sentell, Adrian Rodriguez

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 23, 1:03

Review: Heading into T11 Sentell is overtaking Rodriguez through the use of DRS, but as Rodriguez is on the racing line and the fact that Sentell has a tighter entry into the corner, Rodriguez maintained his position around the outside. Both parties could avoid the collision with Rodriguez leaving slightly more room on the inside and Sentell not going as deep into the corner.

Verdict: Racing Incident.

Incident #2

Driver(s) Involved: Ivar Kalamees, Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1, 0:36

Review: Parisis has a poor exit out of T4 when battling with Kostadinov which gives Kalamees the run and the inside for T6. The duo are side by side and contact is made between the pair when Kalamees attempts to squeeze Parisis and get on the racing line, causing him to lose his front wing. Even if Parisis was closer to the outside of the track, Kalamees’ trajectory would have resulted in contact further down the road before T6. As the incident occurred in the opening five laps of the race, the penalty is slightly harsher.

Verdict: 1.50 Penalty Points for Ivar Kalamees.

Incident #3

Driver(s) Involved: Petar Brljak, Ville Leppala

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 11, 0:09

Review: vd Linden is attempting to pass Leppala on the inside of T1, but Leppala brakes late and turns in, causing initial contact with vd Linden and leading to contact with Brljak which causes him to lose his front wing endplate.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Ville Leppala.

Incident #4

Driver(s) Involved: Petar Brljak, Ville Leppala

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 11, 0:14

Review: Following Incident #3 Leppala turns into Brljak at T2 causing contact between Brljak’s rear right tire and Leppala’s front left tire causing the duo to go off the track, resulting in Brljak losing a position to vd Linden.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Ville Leppala.

Incident #5

Driver(s) Involved: Carlos Martin, Ville Leppala

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 24, 0:32

Review: Martin is on the inside of Leppala heading into T6 but Leppala misjudges the situation and hits the rear left tire of Martin causing him to spin off.

Verdict: 1.00 Penalty Points for Ville Leppala.

Last edited:
Incident #6

Driver(s) Involved: Bono Huis, Petar Brljak

Lap/Replay Time: Q1, Lap 4, 0:44 during the lap

Review: Coming into the harpin of T10 Brljak is on an outlap while Huis is on his hotlap, Brljak runs wide through T10 and rejoins without the awareness that Huis is behind him, causing contact between the duo.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Petar Brljak.

Incident #7

Driver(s) Involved: Ivar Kalamees, Dino Paolini

Lap/Replay Time: Q1, Lap 5, 1:09

Review: Paolini fails to let Kalamees passed through T11 to T13, holding up Kalamees and possibly preventing him from going through to Q2.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Dino Paolini.

Incident #8

Driver(s) Involved: Bono Huis, Patrick de Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 16, 1:19

Review: Through T11 De Wit is being overtaken and runs wide onto the marbles, as well as this he is losing his tires and therefore when he goes back on the throttle he goes into a semi spin, unfortunately making contact with Huis in the process.

Verdict: Racing Incident.

Incident #9

Driver(s) Involved: Jack Keithley, Patrick de Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 48, 0:28

Review: Keithley gets a better run out of T4 and is on the inside of De Wit heading into T5 and T6. De Wit continues to squeeze Keithley and causes contact between the two drivers.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Point for Patrick De Wit.

Incident #10

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 52, 0:05

Review: Down the pit straight De Wit makes two moves to the inside aggressively causing Keithley to take evasive action. Unlike Incident #9 De Wit does not stick to his trajectory and makes a far more dangerous move across the track, therefore this incident is harsher.

Verdict: 1.00 Penalty Point for Patrick De Wit.

Incident #11

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 52, 0:12

Review: De Wit has a poor exit of T1 which allows Keithley to be on the inside into T2 but De Wit does not expect him to be here and turns into the corner causing contact between the two drivers.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Point for Patrick de Wit.

Incident #12

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 52, 1:14

Review: De Wit loses his rear tires through T12 spinning into the path of Keithley leaving him nowhere to go, leading to contact between the pair.
De Wit was in the 21st lap of his stint and had 5 more laps to complete the race.
Since he was battling throughout his stint, and had half spins (like incident #11) this scenario was being highly unrealistic, before this incident he already had some "warnings" about the state of his tires and in the replay it's easy to spot the flat spots on his tires due to continuous locking up.
This incident was De Wit’s fault because he clearly misjudged the state of his tires and with there still being 5 laps left to finish the race it was pointless to try to finish the race with the same set of tires which clearly ended with a crash harming several other drivers race.

Verdict: 1.00 Penalty Points for Patrick de Wit.

Incident #13

Driver(s) Involved: Antonio Kolarec, Ville Leppala

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1, 0:22

Review: Kolarec pushes Leppala off the track on the exit of T3, causing Leppala to lose two positions.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Antonio Kolarec.

Incident #14

Driver(s) Involved: Gergo Baldi, Ville Leppala

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1, 0:19

Review: Leppala has a tight entry into T2 and there is a concertina effect in front of him causing him to take a slow apex speed through the turn, whereas Baldi has a clear entry into T2 and carries in too much speed hitting the rear of Leppala’s car.

Verdict: 0.50 Penalty Points for Gergo Baldi.

Incident #15

Driver(s) Involved: Carlos Martín + (Morgan Morand, Gergo Baldi + Patrick de Wit, Marcel van der Linden)

Lap/Replay Time: N/A, Illegal line-up

Review: Carlos Martín drove as a driver on loan from Netrex to Eventa. The affiliations that Netrex, Eventa or FTS could have, doesn’t forbid them to provide drivers on loan. Since all three teams are independent teams, they are not sister teams and article 8.1 from the 2014 FSR General Rules Document doesn’t affect this case.

Verdict: No further action.

But who else is guilty then in that situation?

Maybe Jacks then. Patrick left ideal and clean line and the car behind, had to have something in his mind, that in his tires condition would be dangerous to take the corner from that spot. I would never blame anyone from them, this is just racing incident, one driver makes mistake, the next one can't avoid it. Both paid for it.

Incident one review is so funny, I can't help myself but laugh.

Funny to you perhaps, but it's a lot work and dedication to get post-race checks out this quickly, I can assure the director takes it very seriously. As we have the same complaints each year no matter who is WC director, I expect you to volunteer for next year then.

Maybe Jacks then. Patrick left ideal and clean line and the car behind, had to have something in his mind, that in his tires condition would be dangerous to take the corner from that spot. I would never blame anyone from them, this is just racing incident, one driver makes mistake, the next one can't avoid it. Both paid for it.

Both cars took exactly the same line to that corner, there was plenty of rubber too. This spin happened because the tires of the other car was done.

Funny to you perhaps, but it's a lot work and dedication to get post-race checks out this quickly, I can assure the director takes it very seriously. As we have the same complaints each year no matter who is WC director, I expect you to volunteer for next year then.

Both cars took exactly the same line to that corner, there was plenty of rubber too. This spin happened because the tires of the other car was done.

Nobody cares how quick the post-race checks are out. The quality of the work is important I think, not how quick you get out them. Also is not Race Director's job to judge a driver because of his choice of strategy, I don't know if in the rules you can see point, "The driver must visit his mechanics when tires are gone". Why then Jack 15 laps couldn't pass him, when his tires are gone. You can do that slide even with NEW compound and then what will be your justification?

The problem is that there will not be soon anyone left to do post-race checks, due to the bad feedback they get every year, no matter if director was Mikko, me, Eduard etc. Clearly it's mostly a problem that has nothing to do with the director himself, but just "victim" drivers and teams that are disappointed, mostly for no reason.

Of course it could be argued if this particular incident was worth a penalty, like with every other incident. I'll take no stance on it, I just pointed out the incident happened because of severly worn tires, it's normally a very easy full-speed turn with this mod. The director has quite free hands to decide it anyway, the rules only list some example cases.

EDIT: Also as reminder, each WC incident can always be brought to COA for appeal. That way it's basically ensured each incident gets a fair decision.

I respect Eduard and everybody here in FSR, just I can't understand, what happens, Patrick's fault, even without good proof for it. Also for first race, it's a new sim, Race director had to be smoother to incidents but still he decides. I hope FTS will appeal these penalties and to see justice.

I can imagine the amount of work and appreciate what you are guys are doing.
If the director takes his work seriously that doesn't change the fact that it is funny to me or that I may question some decisions. I didn't complain, did I? If I'd have complained you would have noticed it for sure.

Just give me a go on this:

Review: Heading into T11 Sentell is overtaking Rodriguez through the use of DRS, but as Rodriguez is on the racing line and the fact that Sentell has a tighter entry into the corner......

....Rodriguez maintained his position around the outside.

....Rodriguez maintained his position around the outside.

Both parties could avoid the collision with Rodriguez leaving slightly more room on the inside and Sentell not going as deep into the corner. :O_o:

Just to be clear I am not questioning the result (racing incident) of this incident nor am I taking favor here for anybody. I am not a member of any of those teams. It's just funny as I said.

I just want to say 1 thing about thise whole story.

In all racers heart, if u look at the incidents where Patrick is involved. If u then look at all the license points he is given.

And when u keep in mind this is race number one.

Do u need to revoke his license right away?

This is still a hobby for all of us. Do we need to end Patricks season already for this?

Especially incident number 11 and 12.
But number 12 is very odd to give a 1.0 penalty to Patrick.
Jack was already 15 laps behind Patrick, so he knew he had grip loss. Still Jack was really almost inside the rear of Patricks car at this point of the track. A point where several other drivers had problems to. The rear just snapped and no where to go for Jack.
I know Jack is a good driver and he has fully my respect. But if u see somebody struggle under acceleration and sliding a bit. Then u also need to take care that u dont get caught by a car problem.

If Raikkonen had a slide in China 2012 because of his worn tires, and Alonso crashed at the back of him.
Would Raikkonen be penalized because of this?

Dont think so.

And what are worn tires? Can u see it clearly when they are off? Do we need to pit at a certain % of tire wear?

Then we better get a rule that says "Tire wear less then *% u need to make a pitstop, otherwise u get a 1.0 penalty point"

This doesn't make any sense to me.

IMO I think the penalty De Wit received for the incident with Keithley was a bit harsh. It's basically like that he's been penalised for staying out too long on his tyres. He lost control and it was just unlucky that Keithley was there. Racing incident IMO, that was what my instant reaction was when I saw it on the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back