Paddock / Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Developments - RDiLMS!

I normally link straight to the forums, but glad I didn't today. For those who do, there were a couple of interesting gems hidden in the club racing announcement:

"....and the addition of RD's first endurance series outside the walls of rFactor, the RDiLMS. The RDiLMS will bring the same superb mixed class endurance racing ethos of the RDLMS to iRacing 2.0 which boast driver swapping and night racing amongst its features!"

"Following the recent success of the iRacing club's Indy car events and the large amount of people interested in doing more with it, we also have plans brewing for a mixed road and oval league using the car and the fantastic tracks that iRacing offers. Look out for more news on this as the plans progress."

Looking forward to both of those!!

Good job RaceDepartment! I'm looking forward to increased iracing activity. The iRacing group, here, is the best! I think once RD shows stronger commitment to club and league events for this awesome sim, more racers will migrate to RD for their racing fix.

I haven't seen anything that suggests that there will be day/night transitions at all. However that isn't say much as I could have missed something but I don't remember seeing anything about it.

iRacing has said with the next update they will have 24hr races, now it will be silly to have such a feature with just 24hr daylight or 24hr night hehe.

Well at the moment for hosted racing you can only have 2,4 or 6 hour slots. There is no day to night transition either. That said Will and I had planned an event for September using the Acura but we were going to wait till closer to the release of iRacing 2.0 to confirm...oh well.

I think a lot would depend on the relative speed capabilities of the Acura vs. the Riley and of the 'Vette vs. the GT 40 vs the Radical. Would like to see one pair that is very closely matched. If none are reasonably matched, then widest separation I would think, with probably the LMS car at the top and the Mustang at the bottom, with one of the others between.

Nothing to announce yet officially except that we are working on a brand new series to serve the needs of all you endurance fans out there that love to race for 6, 8, 12 or 24 hours with your team mates in a mixed field with the best simracers and simracing teams out there.

Stay tuned for more but lets start the discussion already! Just as excited as we are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back