Mr Pibb's 2012 update

@icemankimi: I know the german translation is rough. It's the best I could do. If you want to alter it and upload the modified file be my guest. :) As for the cars, you can use anyone's car skins. You may experience car number changes on the livery depending on whether the skin painter took 2012 team order into account or not. This is beyond my control obviously. If you do have wrong car numbers on the skins, perhaps you could ask the painter nicely to fix it.

@IKBZI: In theory you can run this mod with someone else's spanish language file and it'll be ok. So long as they have done their language file correctly...

@punch. You should be able play online so long as you install the 2011 team order option. In theory you should be able to play a mixture of people with and without the mod - so long as the one's with the mod have 2011 team order. It shouldn't make any difference. Could someone confirm please? I am not sure of the 2012 team order option. Perhaps you could play as long as everyone had the mod installed in 2012 team order. Could someone confirm this too?

Version 3.0 of the mod is out now. Link at bottom of first post.

Includes Petrov.

In theory, anyone upgrading any version of the mod should be able to do so one way or another and retain their careers.

The 2012 team order problem caused by team HRT swapping driver order at different versions of the mod has been overcome by adding an extra database file that has team HRT driver swapped around - so both options are available for 2012 team order users. One of them should in theory allow you to retain your career.

I think this is important as there's been over 1300 hits on the mod so far, so I don't want to screw up anyone's career. But of course, you upgrade at your own risk. I have done my best.

Thanks.

Mr Pibb.

Version 3.0 of the mod is out now. Link at bottom of first post.

Includes Petrov.

In theory, anyone upgrading any version of the mod should be able to do so one way or another and retain their careers.

The 2012 team order problem caused by team HRT swapping driver order at different versions of the mod has been overcome by adding an extra database file that has team HRT driver swapped around - so both options are available for 2012 team order users. One of them should in theory allow you to retain your career.

I think this is important as there's been over 1300 hits on the mod so far, so I don't want to screw up anyone's career. But of course, you upgrade at your own risk. I have done my best.

Thanks.

Mr Pibb.
Great Job dude, thanks for all.

Hi Mr. Pibb
Thanks for the effort. Its much appreciated. I would like to know if its possible to run with both your version 3, and Kartik´s MOD "Carreer Mode TOP3 Teams Avalable" ?. Both of you use database.bin file so I guess not - or ..(?)

I ask because I am currently about to release another MOD than only replaces graphics for Mclaren to a fantasy F1 team "Braveheart-Discovery", with everything from car, helmets, driversuits, racecrew, pitcrew, garage, steering wheel, truck, etc etc. All of these graphics working just fine.

As I have not yet driven a Career session, I have in the last days used Kartik´s mod to see how my fomer Mclaren truck looked as a "Braveheart-Discovery" truck for example and the driver resting place for the driver as thats only visible if you have a career open at Mclaren.

Thanks... have a nice day.

Hi Mr. Pibb
good work at upgrade mod.to v3.0 but in Grand Prix-Caterham-Vitaly Petrov there is Italian flag instead of Russian flag.
please can you repair it.
Thank you for good work

@punch: How did you get on?

@darioqw: You need to install the full mod. The upgrade is only if you already have an older version of the full mod installed.

@The-Sheriff: I guess that's possible. If you don't use the database file provided, the stats highlighted on the screenie below (in reply to fitti) will be incorrect, that's all. You'll also have 2011 team order. See the first post in this thread for a diagram showing 2011 team order. Car numbers will be incorrect too, but frankly these are only ever really referred to in the driver select screen menu. Once on track driver numbers aren't used so it doesn't matter really. Flags will be incorrect, so if you use those little name tag thingies that float above the cars on track that could be a problem.

@fitti: You must install the database.bin file. All of the stats in this screenshot come from that file - including the flag.

Dat_file_Petrov_example.jpg

Good work but I have a problem:

=> I have the correct pictures for the new 2012 drivers but I have all the OLD name (example: pictures of Raikkonen and Grosjean and name of Heidfield and Petrov..)

I use your 2011 mods with all 2012 names (for online playing I don't use your 2012 paddock and cars number correction)

I have install correctly all but I don't have the correct name with pictures...

Can You help me please ?

(Sorry bad english)

EDIT: If you want the name of 2012 season with the pictures you should to play with english language or german, thank you very good job, impressionant.

A few of us are using your mod (2012 order) and must say it's terrific ;)
One thing . Is there a bug with the Williams? We cant seem to use it as the car seems to leave the pits without the driver if a human selects it

Hi, great work....
But in which file I could find the new driver names or car performances? I've searched in the overwritten database.bin, but there isn't the Team Caterham or so...

@punch: I have no idea what that's about. I am racing for Williams in career and quite often in TT and GP, and have no problems at all. Have you used some other mods too?

@mojoe. Driver names are in the language file, not the database. BTW, I have not altered any performances etc. This mod is purely a language/stats/graphical update only.

Mr Pibb, If i were to use your mod but without using the database what would happen? The reason I ask is i really want to use your mod but also Rowing's AI mod including his database. Do you think you could combine the two?? I would still use your other files so wondered what having no database of yours would mean.

Mr Pibb, If i were to use your mod but without using the database what would happen? The reason I ask is i really want to use your mod but also Rowing's AI mod including his database. Do you think you could combine the two?? I would still use your other files so wondered what having no database of yours would mean.

Well, there are a number of databases I have provided. There's both 2012 and 2011 team order, with or without 20 track season extension, and all in pre and post patch versions. You would loose 2012 team order (if you are using 2012 team order). You would loose 20 track season if you're using that.

But regardless of whether you're using 2011 or 2012 team order, with or without 20 track season extension you would also loose:

Driver nationality and flag
Team statistics
Driver statistics
Car Number

Pretty much what's shown in the screenshot in post #110.

Of course it's probably possible to combine the two. Not sure about the 20 track extension though, and how that would work with an AI mod. My mod does not alter any performance related data at all. It is purely a statistical/language/graphical update.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back