Mr Pibb's 2012 update

@Hill

Yes. I've already updated Williams (Senna), and have been through the entire team/driver stats very carefully and after some thorough research, I've now updated everything very accurately, even including race dates etc.

But Narian now being (back) in HRT leaves me with a dilemma: Presently, I've updated Narain to Pedro De La Rosa, and have retained Vitantonio Luizzi. This year, Narain is in the number 2 HRT seat, but was in number 1 seat last year. If I keep Pedro in at number 1 (taking Narain's slot) and put Narain in at number 2 (in Luizzi's slot) then Narain will get Luizzi's helmet, and Pedro will get Narain's.

I can fix this, so that Narain is number 2 still, and has his own helmet. This would be in the 2012 true team order mod. In the 2011 team order mod, Narain would be driver number 1 but would still have his helmet. The great thing about this is that it would allow helmet modders to change Narain/Pedro's helmets using standard file names, and it would work for both versions of the mod. As a bonus, the audio file for Narain would still be correct.

However, this would result in anyone who is currently in a career season having a name swap. Any points currently earnt by Pedro, will go to Narain, and any points already earnt by Luizzi would go to Pedro. If you're actually driving for HRT at present, your team mate's name will suddenly change. If you're driving as Pedro, your team mate would suddenly be Pedro instead of Luizzi, and you'd be Narain. Similarly, if you're currently driving as Luizzi, your team mate would suddenly be Narain instead of Pedro.

Frankly, that may well just have to be the price to pay for running before knowing final driver names. Careers will still continue on though, points etc all retained, just different names being reported.

From a longevity of mod relevance perspective, it is the best and proper solution.

What do you think?

It *may* result in true 2012 team order career's being destroyed. I will make the alteration and test. It could be that it would only affect HRT careers. Again I will test and report back.

I will have to mod the HRT car livery's so the approriate numbers show on the appropriate cars. This should be no big deal. I have done so already for other teams where driver orders swapped (Mclaren for example). This would mean any modders doing car livery mods for teams with driver order swaps, having to do two versions: 1 for people who have not updated their game to 2012, and those that have.

Version 2.0 of the mod out now.

This upgrade includes remaining drivers Bruno Senna and Narain Karthikeyan, updates Romain Grosjean's flag, updates all driver/team stats, updates grandprix dates, updates car numbers for HRT, updates driver uniforms (and adds flags to their uniforms), updates car chassis names and updates the laptop used by Force India's race engineer in the garage.

There is a much smaller file to download if upgrading from v1.0 of the mod to v2.0.

PLEASE ENSURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT UPGRADE PACK FOR YOU.

If using version 1.0 of the mod and running in true 2012 team order, please read the following:

Unfortunately, Narain Karthikeyan was chosen for the 2nd HRT seat. Since he was originally in the game as driver no 1 for HRT, he now should be in driver no 2 position for true 2012 team order. However, making this change to existing v1.0 2012 team order careers would result in corrupt data and your career will be destroyed.

So, if you are already using v1.0 in 2012 team order and want to keep your current career going, I have created a special version of the dat file that includes Karthikeyan, but at seat no 1. Pedro takes seat 2. All other drivers are as they should be, so you will *almost* have true 2012 team order. The only exception is the team order within HRT. All other aspects will be exact. You will be able to keep your existing career.

This results in the following:

Pedro de la Rosa is now Narain Karthikeyan. Narain will be driver no 1 for HRT.
Vitantonio Liuzzi is now Pedro de la Rosa. Pedro will be driver no 2 for HRT.
Team selection menu will not be in correct 2012 driver order for team HRT.
Otherwise, everything else will be fine. Car numbers, driver numbers, pics, stats etc etc etc will all be correct even for HRT. Just team order within HRT will be wrong.

If you want true 2012 team order including HRT, you will have to download the other upgrade pack, install v 2.0 2012 team order from that pack, and retstart your career.

If you are using v1.0 of the mod and running in 2011 team order, you should have no problems upgrading. Just be sure to upgrade using the v2.0 2011 team order database file.

Finally, you are using v1.0 of the mod and you want to start a new 2012 career now that all drivers are included, you should have no problems since the career needs restarting anyway. Use the v2.0 2012 team order database file in the upgrade pack.

Thank you for good work it is much better experience than original.
Sena is functioning and work good.
If you look for old F1 2011 then it is in training in Abu Dhabi(YAS-MARINA) on the left and right side on tribune for people on Big monitors before you drive out.
Greetings from your friend from Czech Republic

@fitti: There are a number of tracks where the Jumbotron shows 2011 logo. In fact, most tracks do. But it only shows momentarily, and so it is very rarely seen. Fixing that for almost all tracks would mean the trackpack download would be HUGE, and since it's rarely seen, I've ignored it.

@BlazingRiCO: You must use one of dat files provided together with the language file. Car numbers come from the dat, not the language file. If you're using someone else's dat file, this will be the result. You should also use car skins provided or the number physically painted on the car itself will be incorrect.

Edit: Version 1 of the mod is still getting quite a few downloads. If someone has posted a link for it somewhere else, could they please redirect the link to this thread so they download the latest version and/or the correct upgrgrade pack. Version 1 will be taken offline.

Di Resta is still Di Resta. Sutil is now Hulkenberg.

Di Resta is now driver no 1 though. He WAS number 2 last year (in standard 2011 game). I have swapped him to driver number 1 in the 2012 team order dat file, and NOT by changing graphics/language etc. This way, if you update Di Resta's helmet, you update HIS helmet as usual, and you do NOT update Sutil's. So anyone can update helmets as normal (2011 team order or 2012 team order mod) and get correct results.

Same applies at all other team order swaps. For example McLaren. Jensen is now driver 1 and Lewis demoted to driver 2. But you still update Jenson's helmet as normal. ie: Car texture 01 (as per standard game), you update d_driver_jenson_button,pssg as normal and higtxt_jenson_button.pssg and of course medtxt_jenson_button.pssg. All as normal. This applies again to 2011 team order and 2012. Doesn't matter. The change in the dat file sorts out the team order.

So, update Di Resta as normal, and update Sutil for Hulkenberg.

Car skins however require the numbers painted on the cars to swap. I've already done this for the standard car skins. Car painters will have to do the swap if enough people ask nicely. It's a pretty straight forward job.

@BlazingRiCO: I owe you an apology! Nico Hulkenberg has Paul Di Resta's helmet in the team mate challenge screen! This is a bug in the mod. It is very annoying as I wanted to release a totally bug-free mod.:mad: Whilst it is easliy fixed, I have not updated any helmets in the game, so in order to "fix" it I really ought to put Sutil's helmet back. Since Nico is now in that slot, it seems daft to correct it back to Sutil. I don't want to update it to Hulkenberg as he would then be the only new driver in the mod to be correct, besides, I would have to use Nico Hulkenberg's helmet from pmg, and would need his permission for that. And that opens a can of worms about the whole helmet update thing - don't wanna get into that. Yet.

So my apologies to anyone out there who has Hulkenberg as a team mate.

Hey Mr Pibb, looks like your job for 2012 update isnt finished yet, Petrov has just replaced Trulli, hope you will update, loved your previous efforts.

I've added Petrov to Caterham (including all correct info, helmet, etc) and also swapped De La Rosa and Karthikeyan so everything at HRT should be correct ingame. Im testing constantly now.

The only thing that isnt correct for now is that De La Rosa has number 23 on his car (and not 22 as should be in real). Altough ingame, he's assigned as the first driver for HRT. You'll see on the car/driver selection menu in Grand Prix mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back