Mr Pibb's 2012 update

@LFCsmithy. You should be able to play online with 2011 team order version of the mod. You should also be able to continue a career started in the original game. That's in theory at least. Could someone confirm this?

@cockpitview: That 2011 logo is part of the video of the on-board lap that plays on the telly. I don't know how to edit this. I saw somewhere (on this site) that someone has made alternative videos for the telly. They're about 50MB each track though. Maybe it was a 2010 mod. Can't remember.

@Cowboy2, Hill and BlazingRico:

Yeah, Petrov's back. I'll get onto that. He's easy enough to add.

But .... Karthikeyan is back in seat 1 at HRT. In version 2 of the mod (2012 team order), I had to swap him to seat 2 (because he WAS in seat 2 then!!!) and that caused all sorts of problems for the mod. GRRRR!!! Of the 7 billion people on the planet, only 1 person could have taken the seat no 2 for HRT an cause a massive problem for the mod. And that was Narain Karthikeyan. And guess what...

So, I had to introduce a special version of the mod to allow people to get Karthikeyan and keep their existing career's going.

But... Since then, Karthikeyan has gone BACK to seat 1!! It couldn't possibly be worse! Honestly, you couldn't make this sh*t up!!!

So what to do? Advice required please!!

I think maybe best thing to do is to just put Karthikeyan back to seat 1, and anyone who started a career in 2012 true order already will just have to take their chances with upgrading to version 3. Seems harsh though.

First thing's first I guess. IS Karthikeyan now car number 22 or not? Wikipedia says he is, Formula1.com doesn't. What's the real deal?

Karthikeyan is number 23 since they announced De La Rosa first as race driver for HRT this season. And also (partially) for the new direction the team wants to follow (almost all Spanish).

Mr Pibb, I think you are going to have to add Petrov at the risk of those that have started their 2012 career already. I suppose it would be worse if the 2012 season had just started or something but seeing as it hasn't, I think you should put him back to seat 1.

Well, I have included Petrov in version of 3.0 of the mod.

But, according to HRT, Wikipedia and f1fanatic.co.uk Karthikeyan is number 22: http://www.hrtf1team.com/en/equipo/pilotos/

This has made it horribly complicated for the 2012 team order version of the mod, because Pedro and Karthikeyan have come into the team at different versions of the mod, and in different team order.

So for version 3 of the mod I have corrected this. Anyone with an existing career in 2012 team order *may* have to restart their career, and if they can retain their 2012 team order career, they *may* experience name changes at team HRT.

2011 team order users will have no problems with their career, but they too *may* experience name changes at team HRT.

This is unfortunate but beyond my control. I will upload v3.0 in a couple of days.

I have a question. Mr. Pibb's what the folder is responsible for the statistics? Because I downloaded the add-ons RaceDeperament and I were just statistics of teams and drivers. Can you tell me where can I find them? And whether they will walk on the menu in another language . Sorry for my english

The language file has some statistics in it, and the database file has some too.

In theory you should be able to use my database file in the menu of another language - BUT the language file will have to be altered in original team order. All graphical elements will have to be structured the same way as the language file.

You also should be able to use another language file with this mod, as long as the language file has been altered correctly. The language file must have logical updates - no "tricks" employed. For example, DO NOT swap Hamilton and Button. The database file controls which driver number/garage location/driver order. So Hamilton and button do NOT need swapping. This is handled by the database. This ensures anyone updating Hamilton's helmet will change the same file (Hamilton's files) for 2012 or 2011 compatible team orders.

For a new driver, the language file should just update their predecessor. For example, to update Hulkenburg's name etc, change Sutil's name. Do NOT change Di Resta's! The database controls whether Di Resta is driver 1 or 2 depending on 2011 or 2012 team order. Di Resta has not changed teams.

Another example, to update Petrov, you need to change Trulli's files - because Petrov has moved to a new team. If you update Petrov's existing files, you will update Grosjean - since Grosjean has taken Petrov's TEAM.

So, to update language file for drivers that remain in their original team, just update that driver. Do not worry about team order.
To update a new driver or an old driver now in a new team, update their predecessor. If there is already an existing driver in that team that remains, do not "swap" them.

Clear as mud?

In the driver selection menu, driver name and date of birth are from the language file. All other stats are from the database file.

In the team selection menu, team name, team base, team principal, chassis number and driver names are in the language file. All other stats are in the database file.

@Mr Pibb : I got a small problem i was using My career files on your Mod
I drive for renault in season 1 i've edited my previous db to race for Renault
Now my problem is My steering wheel was just static i cant see the Drivers hands on it and also i can't Move it I will upload its pic later but just try to find what was the reason for that

IT SORTED AFTER STARTING A NEW CAREER WITH RENAULT AGAIN BUT I NEED TO START FROM AUS BEFORE I WAS AT MONACO

I think it's because you have reduced the quality of graphics drivers. Go into options, graphics, and puts a higher value.
It should work

@PatrykW: If you mean text like MSC (for Schumacher) PET for Petrov etc, then that's in the language file.

@icemankimi: Yes, you can install any version of the mod and retain your existing career from the standard game, but you'll have to install the 2011 team order option. This will give you all of the 2012 drivers etc, just the team/driver selection menu will not be in 2012 numerical order. When you're on track you won't notice the difference. All points currently earnt by 2011 drivers will go to the 2012 driver in that particular seat. So you could install version 2 now and upgrade to version 3 when it comes out. Probably at the weekend.

Here's a screenie showing 2011 team order option v 2012 team order option:

Mr_Pibbs_2012_mod_v30_options.jpg

All 2011 team order users will be able to upgrade without restarting their career.

I am also working on an alternative 2012 team order database file which will have full 2012 team order but with HRT drivers reversed which hopefully will mean all current 2012 team order users will be able to upgrade one way or another and still retain their careers too.

I´ve downloaded 2011 team order mod and it´s very good, but I´ve discerned two trifles. I don´t know if you can fix them.
First: The German translation is very bad. If you can fix this, I would help you and I can send you better translations for new drivers.
Second: The called names by ingenieur are the old driver names. So, for example Raikkönen has a fastest lap, my ingenieur say, "Heidfeld has fastest lap". I don´t know if you can fix these two problems, but I´d be very pleased for an answer. Maybe I can help by translation.

EDIT:
Can I use a force India car mod by another modder or do I have to play with this car from your mod?

I´ve downloaded 2011 team order mod and it´s very good, but I´ve discerned two trifles. I don´t know if you can fix them.
First: The German translation is very bad. If you can fix this, I would help you and I can send you better translations for new drivers.
Second: The called names by ingenieur are the old driver names. So, for example Raikkönen has a fastest lap, my ingenieur say, "Heidfeld has fastest lap". I don´t know if you can fix these two problems, but I´d be very pleased for an answer. Maybe I can help by translation.

EDIT:
Can I use a force India car mod by another modder or do I have to play with this car from your mod?

For your second question We cannot get Raikkonen audio name as it wasn't existed in the game
The Driver name is Changed in the Lang file to Raikkonen but still Heidfeld is the Name in the Database

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back