How to: add downloaded content to Race Series

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
I was about to write one of these today as I just got asked again how to install something, but Viper has done a good job already :tongue:

All download come packed in a compressed format such as .rar or .7z .
A good tool to open these is 7zip.

There are two different installation possibilities for the game, the offline version for which you require a DVD, or the online/steam version, which can be installed with either the DVD or Steam purchase.

Tracks

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07 before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

Open the compressed file (.zip/.rar/.7z).
If the folder inside is called Gamedata, extract this to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the track name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [trackname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\Gamedata\Locations

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\[USERNAME]\Race 07\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the trackname, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [trackname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\Gamedata\Locations

If the Gamedata folder and/or the Locations folder does not exist, you'll need to create it yourself.

Cars

Please note: the files found in the download section under "Cars" are always skins a.k.a. liveries for existing cars. Installation instructions for these are under "Skins". The installation instructions in this part are for ADD-ON CARS a.k.a. mods.

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07 before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside has the car name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [carname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\Gamedata\Teams

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\

If the folder inside has the car name, first check if the Gamedata folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [carname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\Race 07\Gamedata\Teams

If the Gamedata folder and/or the Teams folder does not exist, you'll need to create it yourself.

Skins

Off-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of C:\Program Files\Race 07\CustomSkins before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside is called CustomSkins, extract this to:

If the folder inside has the skin name, first check if the CustomSkins folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [skinname] folder to:
C:\Program Files\Race 07\CustomSkins

On-line version:
I recommend taking a backup of \My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\ before you continue so it can easily be restored if something goes wrong.

If the folder inside is called CustomSkins, extract this to:
\My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\

If the folder inside has the skin name, first check if the CustomSkins folder is inside or not. If it is, follow the instruction above.
If not: Extract the [skinname] folder to:
\My Documents\Simbin\RACE 07\CustomSkins\

Edit by staff to reflect Steam changes to file locations in late 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the mod. Most of them create a new class with it's own button which will appear on the selection screen. Other mods add cars to one of the existing classes. Either way, the mod description here on RD and/or the readme file will usually tell you.

so if you add a car by following the instructions..where does it appear in the game?

I have the same problem here... I install many car mods and every time I have to go looking for the new car and it takes SO long because I have so many car classes/categories. A lot of the readme files don't tell you under which class to find the car.

Is there a way of finding out where the car will be placed by opening one of the mod files themselves?

I am having terrible trouble getting the supertouring 90's / btcc 98 mod to work in Race 07 offline.

I folloed the instructions above, game loads ok but get no new car classes in the menu - looks as it did before unpacking the mod into the relevant folders.

Have added tracks to the game with no problem but haven't managed to work out mods yet.

I am having terrible trouble getting the supertouring 90's / btcc 98 mod to work in Race 07 offline.

I folloed the instructions above, game loads ok but get no new car classes in the menu - looks as it did before unpacking the mod into the relevant folders.

Have added tracks to the game with no problem but haven't managed to work out mods yet.
How many mods have you got installed?

• same thing, i know how add mods but no new classes appear even after installing the gt power extension .

I've gotten tracks to install correctly but I can't find cars inside the game that I have added. Where are they? How do I know they're working? What's the difference between Cars and Skins? How do I know when to put which where? Thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back