Assetto Corsa: Spa License and Pre-Order Info

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
i think kunos said that they have the nordschleife layout, however the project has been put on halt because of unclear owner licenses. nordschleife and grand prix track are different stories anyway.

I'm all for getting something as cheaply as I can, but I'm willing to pay more for quality. Kunos has presented some accomplishments here that really stand out to me, compared to other game studios in the past. Of course, the physics model of the TD seems to be awesome, and very realistic, but Kunos has also acquired some fantastic licenses this time, and I hear that's hard to do. Furthermore, they heard some of our disparaging impressions here, and spoke up to alleviate them. Thank you very much for that.

I try to be objective, and stay away from fanboy-ism, but what I've seen so far makes me want Kunos to succeed, and to keep creating more content. In order for them to do that, they must have a steady income, and we've all heard that hardcore sims have a much smaller fanbase than mainstream games, and because of this, real hardcore simming may come at a premium. I think of sim racing as a hobby, so I'm willing to spend a little more money on it, within reason. Therefore, I find myself in support of paying for DLC from Kunos. It would seem as though the cars and tracks they have licensed and produced thus far, and the quality thereof, are easily worth the going price of a modern sim. They've worked hard for a while now, and created sufficient content, so I say, let them release it and get paid. I don't expect them to keep creating new content for free. I do, however, want more content; more cars, more tracks, and new licenses. So I'm willing to pay for them later. I hope they make enough sales from 1.0 to get a nice payday and vacation, and then enough more to fund further production. Some American cars and tracks would be nice Kunos!

I'm so very glad that the sim will be available on Steam. I didn't like Steam when it was conceived, but since then, I've come around. When I first started using steam, I also bought games on disc when I could. To this day, I can't find many of those discs, and the ones I can are in poor shape. I've had to resort to buying new copies of games sometimes because of this, but every single game I've bought on Steam is right there ready to download when I need to reinstall an OS or get a new hard drive. I'm sold on it. I do, however, hope that Kunos will offer a boxed version of AC for those of you who can't abide Steam, and refuse to purchase AC from them, even if I don't understand why.

Thank you Kunos, and keep up the good work, but don't go so long without news!~ You see us sweating here! (Screenshots don't count.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back