If you have installed the original version (the one before v1.0) of this mod, please uninstall it first
1. Restore the backed up original AI file
2. Delete the assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_highlands\layout_int\data\ai_hints.ini file
Setps to install:
1. copy the content folder from the zip file to your assettocorsa Steam folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\ or D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\)
Steps to uninstall (you don't really need to uninstall it as it does not modify any original files):
1. delete the following folders:
2. delete the following files:
How to use:
After installing this mod you should have two additional layouts:
Highlands + Left Lane Traffic
Highlands + Right Lane Traffic
Start a quick-race (it's the only one that works with these files) selecting one of the new layouts, put as much as cars as possible on the grid, the higher the difference in speed of the cars the higher the probability for AI cars to pass each-other but they will also crash more often.
How it works:
The AI line is recorded so that the cars turn around when they enter the city towards the end of the regular lap, and go in the opposite direction until they reach the pits, they enter the pits (where they normally exit), and turn around at the regular pit entry. With this version these layouts have grid start positions spread out all over the track, thus you're going to have cars moving in both directions right from the start, like on a regular public road.
Fuel consumption, tire wear and damage should be turned off.
As mentioned above, the grid positions is scattered around the track, there's no need to respect any order when placing opponents on the grid.
Here's some videos made by @Rift Racer: