Resource icon

Misc Highlands Traffic AI 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
mms submitted a new resource:

Highlands Traffic AI - TRAFFIC AI HIGHLANDS

DISCLAIMER : USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
DO NOT USE WHEN RACING ONLINE, YOU MIGHT GET BANNED

Setps to install:
1. copy the ks_highlands folder from the zip to your assettocorsa\content\tracks folder
2. Back up the original AI file assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_highlands\layout_int\ai\fast_lane.ai (rename to something else)
3. Rename the included AI file fast_lane_TF.ai to fast_lane.ai
4. Rename the assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_highlands\layout_int\data\ai_hints_TF.ini to ai_hints.ini

Steps to...

Read more about this resource...

How can I make them leave the pits? They try to make a u-turn which doesn't work...
I can try to record a working pit lane, but most probably won't work as it will cross the incoming AI lane :(

Scratch that, it doesn't work...

Last edited:
I am loving these new "traffic" situations on street tracks. Great job!

Do you happen to use Content Manager? If so, that lineup of cars that you said you used in testing, you can share that setup and then other Content Manager users can just import your shared "Preset". It's just one of the million awesome features of Content Managers. The Share button is just to the left of the Go! button. Then it will give you a URL - that's all we Content Manager users need. You could just paste the URL in the Description on the Overview tab of your submission. If you don't use Content Manager you're probably thinking, "What the heck is he talking about?" :roflmao:

Reactions: mms
I am loving these new "traffic" situations on street tracks. Great job!

Do you happen to use Content Manager? If so, that lineup of cars that you said you used in testing, you can share that setup and then other Content Manager users can just import your shared "Preset". It's just one of the million awesome features of Content Managers. The Share button is just to the left of the Go! button. Then it will give you a URL - that's all we Content Manager users need. You could just paste the URL in the Description on the Overview tab of your submission. If you don't use Content Manager you're probably thinking, "What the heck is he talking about?" :roflmao:
I've heard about the content manager, but don't have it installed. But if you're kind enough to share that URL I would be more than happy to add it to the description.

Hey @mms I really liked your mod. I have been using it everyday since you posted it.:)

Can you explain vaguely how you did it?
I tried to create it for the Long layout many times with the AI dev app but the AI just go bonkers and retire.
Not a clue on how/why you did it the "ai_hints" file as well.

Last edited:
Hey @mms I really liked your mod. I have been using it everyday since you posted it.:)

Can you explain vaguely how you did it?
I tried to create it for the Long layout many times with the AI dev app but the AI just go bonkers and retire.
Not a clue on how/why you did it the "ai_hints" file as well.
Hey @Louizf , really happy to hear that.

I suppose you know hot to record the AI line, there a a few important things:
* in this case you nee to figure out where the cars will turn around, they need quite a space to be able to make the u-turn without crashing
* your AI line cannot cross the finish line more than once, that's why they need to turn around in the pits when coming from the opposite direction
* the line cannot cross itself either
* when doing the line, always stay closer to right side of the road, this will allow the AI to pass when there's incoming traffic without a big crash

The ai_hints is mainly there to slow them a bit when they turn around (and also can be used in some other sections where they should not go flat-out, I think I put an overall slow-down for the whole track).

What you can do is look at my AI line and try to do the same thing for the long layout.

If you still have issues just send me the line you recorded and I can guide you further.

I don't understand how to use this? Do I need to go in the same direction as the AI? In your screenshot you have cars going different ways?!
These files simulate traffic on a public road (well, some mad racing people, but still). You can go whatever direction you want, the idea is to have cars going the same direction, but also cars coming the other way, like you would have on a real public road, they will stay in their lane unless they need to pass a slower car.

There's one main issue though, it takes a while for the cars to spread out, you also need to create the race with a grid having faster cars first otherwise they will start crashing before you get a good spread.

But it can be fun after all :)

So you have to create simply a "fast race" or a "race weekend" ? Maybe you can give a userguide how it works.
Sorry, I missed that, I just updated the description with this:

How to use:

Start a quick-race (it's the only one that works with these files), put as much as cars as possible on the grid, faster cars at top, the more difference is between cars speed the faster they spread out.

The AI line is made so the cars turn around when they arrive in the city, and again in the pits.

EDIT: Updated descriptions too...
They seem to kinda stay right most of the time, but I haven't seen any cars turning around. I think I done about 10 laps overtaking some of the slower cars but never saw any going the other way and never caught up to the front faster ones.

I think I must be doing something wrong. It is the original layout for the track, yes?

They seem to kinda stay right most of the time, but I haven't seen any cars turning around. I think I done about 10 laps overtaking some of the slower cars but never saw any going the other way and never caught up to the front faster ones.

I think I must be doing something wrong. It is the original layout for the track, yes?
Just double-checking, did you follow the installation steps? You probably did as otherwise the cars should not stick to the right lane... The cars need several laps to spread out, but you should have cars coming from the other direction towards the end of your first lap.

And yes, this is for the original layout.

Just double-checking, did you follow the installation steps? You probably did as otherwise the cars should not stick to the right lane... The cars need several laps to spread out, but you should have cars coming from the other direction towards the end of your first lap.

And yes, this is for the original layout.
Yes, defo followed installation instructions. Will delete and try again, really want this to work.

It's working now and is absolutely AMAZING! Thanks very much for this! Hope it can be done for more road tracks.
Glad you sorted it out!

It can be done for any track as long as there's enough room to allow the AI turn around without crashing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%