AC Lotus Type 25@Monaco 1966, Tue 21st May 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JamKart22

Club Staff
Premium
1689989333634.jpeg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

Change of car to the classic Lotus Type 25. And where better to race it than the 1966 version of the Monaco Grand Prix Circuit - the same track Han is using for the Weds race.

Note this is a two race event - each race is 25 minutes with a reverse grid for the second race

1715252836960.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go here using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:
  • Server: RaceDepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 18:00 UTC, 19:00 BST, 20:00 CUET | 50 minutes - Official Practice
  • 18:55 UTC, 19:55 BST, 20:55 CUET | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 19:20 UTC, 20:20 BST, 21:20 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 1
  • 19:50 UTC, 20:50 BST, 21:50 CUET | 25 minutes - Race 2 - Reverse grid of race 1
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Car: Lotus Type 25 (Kunos)
  • Track: Monaco 1966
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: No.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
Practice on Server 3 is up

Last edited:
Raced this combo 10 days ago. Same track other than the chicane is not so tight. Really need to slow down on this one.
yeah taking that chicane into the harbour in 4th at full throttle is... Balls-y at best. I did manage to keep the car under control a few times but either a over correction will have you spin on the following straight or you will fully hit the chicane. I am not surprised that they ended up in the drink there twice or thrice(IIRC) in real life.

I do love this understeery combo though, the car and camber makes you focus so much on getting the rotation done with throttle and brake as early as possible because these tyres do not grip!

Tested, hated, not for me'ed...
Really :cautious:

This one is right up my alley, unfortunately I can't make it. I did some laps a few days ago, default setup (with some tyre pressure adjustments) doesn't feel good. Probably 2-3 more seconds in it. I love how versatile AC can feel. I will be going back to this one just for fun probably. Have a nice race!

Well I've tried something different and I admit this is a tricky track with the Lotus. But only 4 signed up so far so I appear to be fighting a losing battle here. There obviously isn't much appetite for old cars.

Well I've tried something different and I admit this is a tricky track with the Lotus. But only 4 signed up so far so I appear to be fighting a losing battle here. There obviously isn't much appetite for old cars.
That is a shame indeed.. thanks for trying though!

Like I said, I would have joined if I didn't have other plans. And will probably join most/any old car and track combinations!

A small grid yes but we have the same hardcore group every time and it is always a lot of fun Colin. If you recall, this car attracted a lot of interest each week a few months ago. Its fine plus if you stuck it on a Fat Alfie track every week i think more would be up for the challenge.

@JamKart22 , I signed up earlier, just treid the combo, lots of fun, but my legs are stil sore from cyling in the swiss mountains :redface:
As a result I'm not going to be able to take part tonight, hope to make it next time, have a great race tonight!!

sorry guys but had to call it quits in race two. Lap one was bouncing all over... I forgot how crap these tires are at the start, and then I slowly kept doing great sectors and losing it constantly in the double downward chicane, I just cannot get this car to turn there and I figured I needed to let it rest for a bit and see what I can do tomorrow!

Sorry for all those that I hit... Competence I lack...

I lost my internet connection during qualifying. Went to my garage where the modem is, saw a red led.. but when it turned green again I went back upstairs and rejoined with 30 secs before race start, that was just enough time to get my gloves on :) Sorry Jason for not letting you by in T1, didn't think of it in the rush.

On lap 1 I went straight into the wall after the small jump at the swimming pool. It was weird, I probably was not slightly sideways. I later on crashed into Colin quite hard that I couldn't avoid after his crash at that zigzag point and crashed there myself as well later on. 3 big crashes in race 1.. ouch. That didn't go well.

Race 2 was a lot better, I was in the lead after a lap or 2 and had no incident other than going very wide at the last turn, but no walls this time. I was taking it easy to have a clean race. Jason was pushing hard behind, but the gap was big enough and I had enough room to push myself if needed.

Enjoyed it! Tricky combo for sure.

Oh, and I took Reik's setup and made changes to tyre temps, gearing and LSD. I might have made the LSD worse though, didn't experiment too much with it.

Last edited:
Oh, and I took Reik's setup and made changes to tyre temps, gearing and LSD. I might have made the LSD worse though, didn't experiment too much with it.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 173 26.8%
Back