Xbox One Ferrari 70 Anniversary DLC - not unlocking and another debacle

You pay for the DLC but it doesn't unlock once again...how can any company be this incompetent and make the same mistakes over and over again. As I've seen no news story about this on RD I've opened the thread here.

Kunos covering themselves in glory once again on Xbox One today with v1.16 - which is just an update to allow the Ferrari 70 Anniversary DLC, there are no other updates to the game at all to fix any of the multiple reported bugs and issues since v1.15. This comes months after repeated promises that the console versions of the game would catch up and match the pc version.

AC rightly gets a lot of love on PC but the console version remains a mere shadow sharing the same name and the difference needs to be made clear. Before I become the target for stating the issue I have the PC game and DLC and it is all good, the console product is entirely the opposite.

Behaviour like this where developers are taking money for nothing with limited and protracted refund processes frustrate users needs to be highlighted and ideally stopped. Kunos wouldn't get away with this practice on any other product.

Next time I'd complain somewhere where it makes sense.
  • In a console-based forum :roflmao:
  • Or perhaps in the Kunos forum :p
But yeah, great speach you held there. Sorry though for not having read all of it. Stopped after "Xbox" and probably shouldn't even have opened the thread given it says "Xbox" there too :laugh:

Seeing as it works fine on PC I'd imagine Microsoft is a big part of the problem.

The usual easy excuse, strange that every other developer manages just fine. No other developer to my knowledge takes money from gamers on the DLC release date and then releases it at a later point in time. This isn't the first or second time, it's the fifth with Kunos -at this point making mistakes doesn't cut it, they seem incapable of learning. At best incompetent, at worst ripping off consumers.

Next time I'd complain somewhere where it makes sense.
  • In a console-based forum :roflmao:
  • Or perhaps in the Kunos forum :p
But yeah, great speach you held there. Sorry though for not having read all of it. Stopped after "Xbox" and probably shouldn't even have opened the thread given it says "Xbox" there too :laugh:

Or maybe I'm here for exactly the right reasons...Kunos forums highly censored for any criticism, even the most valid points like money paid and lack of content delivered quickly get removed.

Console based forum? I see quite a few console based articles here on RD, this very forum lists the console versions as included.

There is a lot of justified positivity here for AC on PC but the truth about the game on the consoles is also worthy of mention - Kunos have let a lot of people down with a sub-par release and amateur hour updates. Shameless cash grab on consoles, luckily Kunos have only ego and no shame so they don't care.

The usual easy excuse,
It's not really an easy excuse if it's the actual cause of all the delays. Maybe you have a point that Kunos aren't as slick or knowledgeable about updating on consoles. But remember you're talking about a dozen people vs titles that have hundreds if not thousands of people working in the company. I know that's no consolation to you but it's not like Kunos are doing this on purpose or even out of spite or laziness, they are likely trying their hardest but the closed down nature of consoles means any mistakes are compounded by the amount of time they have to wait to fix the error.

Forza Motorsport 7 isn't a shining example of good quality or business practices on the Xbox One either and the PC version is a disaster for most people.

I'm not excusing the quality of Assetto Corsa on the Xbox One, but people should really stop buying games or DLC before they know if the content even works.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.