Wroclaw

Tracks Wroclaw 202310

Login or Register an account to download this content
abrimaal submitted a new resource:

Wroclaw - conversion from rFactor

Read more about this resource...
Hi, big Abrimaal!

I was remembering this clue the other day and I was even going to ask you about this conversion of yours; I haven't seen the final work because, as you know, I don't have Race07 installed, but I know your work, via 3dsimed, and I know how much quality you generate in your work, even more so when it comes to Wroclaw which in its originality is already a great work, so congratulations!

Now, not that this has any relevance and please I'm not even charging credits for it, but as far as I know Lukaszw4 converted this job to F1C and I actually converted it from F1C to RF, although it was only after I did the conversion that I found it to RF on a given site, i.e. this work that you converted was converted to RF by me.

Anyway, the important thing is that the track is being preserved in several games and this contribution of yours is always very welcome; Congratulations again on your work!

Hugs

Thanks for the info. I will update the credits.
You converted from F1C to RF,
so I guess that
Lukasz converted from another game to F1C,
and the original author is still unknown.
Yes, actually, Lukasz must have converted from RF to F1C... As I knew the track for F1C and had never found it for RF, I did the conversion, but after I converted it I found the same track already in RF format here: HFS /RFACTOR/TRACKS/S-Z/ by CMH (classicmotorsporthub.org), I even downloaded it to see if it was the same and it's 100% the same track; that's why I didn't even post it here. And when you were interested in it, I sent you the one that I converted myself, because I had already made several repairs to it and that would make your work easier. The same happened with GrandValley (USA), I converted it, but then I found the same track already for RF and I also spotted it in Asseto... That's why I didn't post either... Anyway, I didn't know the Classicmotor well; there are good tracks there too!

Regarding the credits, I even thank you, but I did not make the comment by way of credits, but by way of the history of the work itself; I continue to find it unfortunate that modelers, and even those who convert, do not sign their works; Not for applause, but it would be good in advance to know who made them before we download a circuit, because those who work well would be recognized quickly and we could download the work with more confidence that it is a quality modeler, but anyway, life goes on...

Hugs

I adapted hundreds of tracks from GTR2 to Evo, but usually I don't release them, because these are not conversions.
Just unpacking .gtr files and updating search paths.
I sometimes see them released for Evo by other people, but they are not conversions. The tracks use the same files, tracks can be transferred from GTR2 to Evo and vice versa with minimal work.
RFactor tracks must be converted.

Hmm, I have many mods and upgrades in the game. I tried to run it in a plain version of the game, it crashed too. (rFactor supports much more).
I prepared a zip, try first
- use the simplified .trk file - this one from the main folder
if it fails,
- update Locations\Shared - if the PC asks to overwrite files, the decision is yours.
- make a backup of specialfx.tec (in main folder Locations) and Shaders (in the main game folder), try the updated files.

The file is here, it contains the track too, the same version as released.
Wroclaw_test

Now I'm testing the released version in GTR2.
The full track crashed.
Removing objects - it seems that the problem is somewhere in the pit building.
The sky, clouds, river, parked cars are ok.

20231031_GTR2_005.jpg

abrimaal updated Wroclaw with a new update entry:

re-uploaded

I got a message, that the track crashed while loading.
I copied the track to a not modified install of GTR Evo and indeed, it crashed.
Copied it also to GTR2, excluded and included objects that could cause crash, until it started with all objects.
Now I think, this version is stable and should run both in GTR2 and Evo.

if the track doesn't start in your game,
download and update:
specialfx.tec (make a backup)...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, abrimaal ! CTD for me. I got this in trace file:

game.cpp 1570 - 42.675s: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp 1144 - 42.675s: Entered VidMan::Init()
ai_db.cpp 2354 - 44.127s: Entered AIDatabase::Init()
steward.cpp 5267 - 44.429s: Entered Steward::Init()
steward.cpp 1414 - 44.429s: Could not find light "STLITE"
steward.cpp 1414 - 44.429s: Could not find light "PTLIT02"
steward.cpp 1414 - 44.429s: Could not find light "PTLIT01"
hwinput.cpp 6256 - 44.520s: Entered HWInput::Init()
specialfx.cp 4180 - 44.520s: Entered SpecialFX::Init()
specialfx.cp 654 - 44.557s: Unrecognized reaction "DSRACELINE"

Sergio, how do you run trace mode? I have never got to this.
The pit lights were the last objects that I unlocked after //-excluding all objects that could cause crash.
You know how to deal with track files.
Can you try to exclude objects with //
pitlightout, pitglowout, pitlightin, pitglowin
and maybe
startlight, startglow
and tell me if the track starts?

Sergio, how do you run trace mode? I have never got to this.
The pit lights were the last objects that I unlocked after //-excluding all objects that could cause crash.
You know how to deal with track files.
Can you try to exclude objects with //
pitlightout, pitglowout, pitlightin, pitglowin
and maybe
startlight, startglow
and tell me if the track starts?
Hi, Abrimaal!

To make a trace file, follow the steps below:

Of course: make a backup of your executable in case something goes wrong, okay?!

1- Right-click on the game's executable ("rFactor" or whatever name it may be), then click on "Create Shortcut".
2- Right-click on the shortcut and search for Properties> Shortcut> Destination
3- Under "Destination", find the command line:"F:\Games\rFactor\rFactor.exe" (As it is in YOUR game!) and change it to: "F:\Games\rFactor\rFactor.exe" trace=1000
-> Notice that the expression "trace=1000" comes after a space.
4- Click Apply> Ok.
5- Now, when starting the game through this shortcut, whenever there is a problem with a car or track, a file will be created in the "LOG" folder, called "trace.txt", acknowledging where the problem is. The TRACE file opens with Notepad.

Last edited:
The instances were incorrectly named,
besides, they were duplicated.
PTLIT01 was the same as PTLIT03, 02 was the same as 04,
STLITE was the same as STLITE01.
This is why the errors:
Could not find light "STLITE"
Could not find light "PTLIT02"
Could not find light "PTLIT01"
I fixed it and uploaded again

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?